No announcement yet.

High5er : 1993 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sucks to see her go. But glad to hear you're alright though man, can't wait to hear the Bimmer running again though!

KEEP IT NICE, NOT RICE

Comment

Heres some more pics of the wreck. I got some up close shots and some of the bay so you can see the extent of the damage.

It'll buff out.. right? yeah, not really. I actually found some pics I took with my girls phone one day. These are the most recent pictures from before the accident.

Ugh.. It was a good run. Rest in piece little homie. Or should I say rest in pieces..? Annnd thats my comedic relief for this thread.
      Wrecked, Revived, and still Rollin'

Check out my MRT!

Originally posted by deevergote
      The most unique "modification" these days is a full restoration. Take a 20+ year old Honda and make it look brand new... and it'll be more impressive than the guy with the stock-block turbo and plastidipped steelies.

Comment

Very happy to see you are ok. Sorry about the loss of the car tho. It was starting to really look sharp. And please don't take this the wrong way, but are you planning to part out and sell anything? I would love to help you get back on the road.

Good luck

Comment

Got my insurance money and this happened...

AND I GOT TO GET MY OLD ONE BACK

So yeah, randomly found her on CL when I was looking for replacements. SAME EXACT CAR lol. Color combo, trim, everything. The body is in great shape. Theres some funky antannae looking thingy on the top that Im definitely getting rid of.

Now the interior... Thats a different story.. My old car had 200k on it and the interior wasnt this hurt. Now it wasnt tattered or torn anywhere. There were just little weird things that my OCD cannot bare to see. Being that I have a pristine interior waiting from my wrecked car, I'm just going swap everything over. Well, I should say already swapped.

I took this entire weekend on the interior. Swapping anything that was not up to my standards. I also took the time to detail everthing on the inside. While the seats were out drying from being shampooed, I took the time time shampoo the carpet and the cloth on the door cards to the bet of my abilities. Needless to say, it was a complete turnaround.

All I have are the pics my gf took while I was cleaning but it was when I had barely started vacuuming. It got dark on me lol I'll snap some finished pics today when I get home. Check it out and let me know what you think!

Check out my MRT!

The most unique "modification" these days is a full restoration. Take a 20+ year old Honda and make it look brand new... and it'll be more impressive than the guy with the stock-block turbo and plastidipped steelies.

Comment

Hell yah back from the grave! Cant wait to see your phenix re rise from its ashes! Those rims are awsome by the way!
            My 90 coupe Mr thread....
            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=178452

Comment

Is it just me or does the first picture of the new car look as if it is leaning to the side more than it should.
              Nice find, shit works out in the end, just an inconvenience to the build.
              Be unique, like every other person.

CB7 Sold________________________E34 Sold________________________E39 Current

Comment

Awesome looking build so far. Glad you found a replacement, you got lucky.

Question, WHERE did you get the amber corners on the first car? I've looked literally everywhere with no avail.

spoonsportsaddict

Comment

nice replacement!
                  blackROSE Member, with a focus on VIP Style

Comment

Originally posted by XCRN View Post
                    Is it just me or does the first picture of the new car look as if it is leaning to the side more than it should.
                    It was sitting on a weird angle in the parking lot. I thought the same thing lol

Originally posted by JDMchristian991 View Post
                    Question, WHERE did you get the amber corners on the first car? I've looked literally everywhere with no avail.
                    It was this website I found a while ago. I tried to order another set but theyre on backorder for HELLA long. I like these ones way better than the shiny looking ones that I see everywhere.

Thanks guys! Im in the process of swapping everything over right now. I honestly forgot to take pics haha I was working a bit late yesterday. I'll be sure to snap some tonight.

Thanks for reading!

Check out my MRT!

Comment

Interior Shots

So I got the best pics I could with my phone. Here's the interior. Keep in mind there are still a couple minor things that need to be replaced or repaired.

Installed my BB6 shifter while I was cleaning/replacing center console components.

When I got the car, the stereo that was in it was some janky, off brand bullshit. It barely worked and whoever installed it is a certified dumbass. Like, they took the car apart to wire it up for amp and subs, installed the deck, and then had no idead how to put it back together when they were done. What idiots. The damn deck wasnt even secure...

I took advantage of having the seats out and started removing all of that cheap ass wiring. Literally everything the previous installer touched was in some way fucked up. Luckily, I had a spare for just about everything from the other car
                      I installed my deck, cleaned up the jumble and here it is.

Notice the cig lighter is missing the little housing. It was missing when I bought the car. Surprise of the century... Anyways, I'm a part time Hulk and broke mine trying to get it out like an idiot. So Im going to have to make a jy run. In the meantime, it just hangs there. It irritates the shit outa me...

I cleaned my seats to the best of my abilities. They werent even that dirty before so I wasnt really trippin. I got my LED lights in there too

I replaced the entire center console because the other one was littered with broken clips and gross stains. No point in keeping them..

Threw my back seats in because the other ones smelled like hooker sweat and weed.

Ohhh 150k on the clock though? Ye. Too bad my old one had 200+ and was better kept than this...

The clock is missing the little door but I have a sweet replacement waiting that I had hehe

The only other small thing is the door panels are coming loose a bit around small corners. I'll probably try and reglue them or something. Not sure what to use yet.. Or I could just throw my other ones in there. I feel like that would be doing too much if I can just fix it and it'll look just as good.

I threw on my red clears too since I had them just laying around.

The next morning, I discovered this

Its the only one that has any moisture in it at all. I havent tried to fix it yet but I was just gonna drain it, dry it, and throw a mousepad back there instead of my old, worn seal. Hella irritating though. Never had that problem on my other car.

Yeah so coils need to get on there when I have time and Im not feeling lazy.

Oh yeah, I also picked up some wheels as an inexpensive space set. Checkem' out.

Thanks for reading and as always, let me know what you think!

Gabe

Check out my MRT!

Comment

So yeah my damn interior lights all went out. Probably just a fuse, but still annoying as hell.

Check out my MRT!

Comment

So I got home yesterday and the homie came over to help test fit these centerlines I got for the JOOG. I wanted to narrow down some tire options..

***QUICK SIDE NOTE: The side profile pics are the most accurate as far as fitment. I cant remember if we started lifting it back up a bit before the pics.

Im going with 185/55/r15 so I can have a meaty tire for DD purposes. Pretty pumped, Im going to polish up the lips as much as I can before the tires get here. OR SHOULD I GO FULL POLISH??? Idk. I kinda just like the stock aluminum look in the middle with a polished lip. Let me know guys! Damn this threads gettin no typa love lol
                          Last edited by High5er; 03-14-2014, 10:54 AM.

Check out my MRT!

Comment

Updated: Tires are here tomorrow! Hayashis are waiting until summer. My WTB thread is updated as well so check it out pls!

Thanks all

Check out my MRT!

Comment

Tires mounted, fenders rolled, broken wheel stud??? Yeah the fender roller broke my wheel stud. He says it was becuase I cross threaded the lug nut but that didnt happen the other 5 fuckin times I put it on and took it off. So Im going today to get a replacement. I also have to throw my camber arms on in the rear to diminish some of this minor poke. No worries though. Wheel stud job isnt that bad.

Im diggin the look if these. Defenitely satisfied enough to rockem' and take my time with the Hayashi's. Thanks for reading!

Gabe

Check out my MRT!

Comment

Looking gorgeous! Those rims go great. They make it pop but not excessively. Well done
                                visit vgruk

Comment

Working...
                                X