F22Chris : 1993 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F22Chris : 1993 Accord EX

This is my second 4th Gen, but my first MRT. I've been doing a lot of work and figured it was time to show my progress. My goal for the car is just a good looking, decently powered daily driver with some personality.

Engine:
    Generic short ram with K&N filter
    OBX Greddy style cat back
    4-2-1 Header

Suspension:
    New upper control arms
    New Lower ball joints
    F&F Type 1 coilovers
    CD5 7-spoke wheels
    Front and rear upper strut bars
    New tie rods
    New wheel bearings all around

Exterior:
    Legend Lip
    CD5 Rear lip
    DIY Mesh grill
    Homemade CB7 plate
    Stubby Antenna DIY
    Chalkboard hood
    ES300 Fog Lights
    Amber signals
    BB4 rear signals

Interior:
    BB4 Shift plate
    Marvel door panel DIY
    Bandana shift boot
    Homemade shift knobs [cue ball, hand carved wood, whatever I feel can make a good knob I'll drill and tap]
    CB9 tool box and tire cover
    Re-upholstered speaker covers
    Colored cluster needles DIY

Audio:
    Pioneer 6x5 speakers in doors
    Pioneer 6x9 speakers in rear
    Pioneer headunit

Future Plans:
    H22/H23
    Camber Kit
    Fix rust
    Paint
    New carpet
    Fix trunk leak
    Black house headlights and yellow high beams
    Wheels. Enkei 92 or something mesh
    Tuck and clean bay

Last edited by F22Chris; 03-31-2014, 02:41 PM. Reason: future plans

cLean coupe
    NEW CB

old Darkcloud : 1990 Accord EX MRT

new
    DARKCLOUD : 90 ACCORD EX MRT

Comment

Thanks man. Im going to get a bay pic in a few.

Comment

I'm diggin the color splashed lips and that marvel door fabric.

Cool touches, dude.

Comment

Nice car, looking forward to seeing the progress.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucien View Post
            I'm diggin the color splashed lips and that marvel door fabric.

Cool touches, dude.
            Thanks man, im thinking about doing the door trim splattered as well. Im not sure if thatll be overkill or not.

I also did the cluster needles in primary colors to accent the Marvel colors. Btw, i got the fabric at wal-mart for 8 bucks.

Comment

Took the old 4-2-1 OEM header off cause it cracked and put this one on there.

My ghetto block mount solution. Works fine. Yes, no o2 sensor yet 'cause it's in the mail. The one I removed was literally the one that came with the car, it had NGK stamped on it and my idle was crap till I warmed up.

My wagon trunk, what's the purpose of the silver thing on the passenger side?

Comment

ABS control is that silver thing
                NEW CB

old Darkcloud : 1990 Accord EX MRT

new
                DARKCLOUD : 90 ACCORD EX MRT

Comment

Got this in the mail today finally. No more crappy idle and terrible gas mileage.

Comment

The coupe looks good! How hard was it to do the door panels? Im looking at doing something different to mine and need some tips

Bought from:AbsurdNY,92smokeaccord,cb7inct,nevi325,xkjnboix,cb 7resurrector,JoshM

MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=203451

Comment

Originally posted by markrutherford View Post
                      The coupe looks good! How hard was it to do the door panels? Im looking at doing something different to mine and need some tips
                      It wasn't too hard at all actually. My wife helped me do it. You just have to measure about an inch or two past the trim line. Then we started in the middle and worked our way out with the adhesive. We used 3M Spray Adhesive 08090 to bond it. You have to spray both the panel and the fabric, and wait for it to get tacky. Then, press hard, and work out any bubbles. Cut holes for the armrest, controls, and courtesy light. I cut an X instead of the entire hole, it's far easier. After that there's a thin slit in the panel where the old carpet tucked into. Tuck the excess fabric in there and you're finished. Took about 30 minutes a panel. And make sure to do it outside or wear a mask and gloves. The spray is mad messy.

Comment

I got a bra from the junkyard, it was ripped on the driver side so I sewed it back. I think it looks nice. I also found an F22B DC Sports header for 20$

Comment

Originally posted by F22Chris View Post
                          Thanks man, im thinking about doing the door trim splattered as well. Im not sure if thatll be overkill or not.

I also did the cluster needles in primary colors to accent the Marvel colors. Btw, i got the fabric at wal-mart for 8 bucks.
                          I don't think the door trim would be overkill. You could also leave the door trim and splatter the roof liner. My wife helped me put a red flannel fabric on the headliner of my '05 Mazda 3. Looks like a sleeping bag, was easy to do and cheap.

I didn't see a pic of the cluster needles?

We got the flannel fabric at Walmart haha

Comment

I filled all the curb rash and gashes in the wheels from the PO and painted them white. I also repainted my valve cover, fuse box, intake, and radiator brackets. Word of advice, degreaser kills paint.

Comment

It does, I learned my lesson when I tried to simple green my bay. I still haven't fixed it.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Working...
                              X