No announcement yet.

af_1132 : 1993 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know ST makes good stuff, but their front/back kit never seemed to appeal to me because of the size of the front bar vs. the rear. Making the front bar that beefy and then making the rear bar smaller makes me assume the car would still gravitate towards understeer when pushed and that contradicts my reasons for wanting a sway bar in the first place.

If you want more neutral handling, I think a combo of Progress rear sway and stock or ex front sway with new (poly) endlinks would probably be the most effective setup before venturing into things like trunk braces and tie bars.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucien View Post
      If you want more neutral handling, I think a combo of Progress rear sway and stock or ex front sway with new (poly) endlinks would probably be the most effective setup before venturing into things like trunk braces and tie bars.
      Woah, 30lbs is a lot. Since I have the setup you described above, once the Progress bar is on, I'm in good shape ! I'm going to email ESP again soon to check on them, since the month mark is approaching.

Oh, and this stuff came in last night

These directions make me think a machine shop visit is in order for the valve installation. I might as well do a port and polish of the head while I am there and get the Bisi Head Gasket.

*** Think of others before thinking of yourself. ***
      ********** Spread love, not hate. ***********
      ****Lift others up with kind and helpful words****

F20A_CB7, I miss you, but I will see you one day.
      "Nothing a little prayer can't fix."

MRT
      Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph
      The quest for 9s ceased, now the goal is a circuit track monster!
      Current fastest Laguna Seca Lap: 1:52.889

Comment

You're waiting on parts from ESP right now?

Comment

Oh no, I worded that badly. I meant that I am going to send them another encouragement email and see how things are going with the move and such. I was going to order parts the day after they said that they were going down and issuing refunds to everyone.

MRT
          Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph

Comment

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
            ...I've heard that the front sway should be pretty compliant to allow for more oversteer.
            This.

I know ST makes good stuff, but their front/back kit never seemed to appeal to me because of the size of the front bar vs. the rear. Making the front bar that beefy and then making the rear bar smaller makes me assume the car would still gravitate towards understeer when pushed and that contradicts my reasons for wanting a sway bar in the first place.

And this.

I would recommend leaving the front bar stock but only because i prefer the rear to move more and i despise understeer. I'm using EnergySuspension front end-link bushings with a stock front sway and a 22mm rear sway from Progress. Makes steering very neutral and oversteer can be induced with throttle lift-off mid-corner if need be. Turn in is sharp enough with the stock bar IMO and i drive a DX.

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

Originally posted by af_1132 View Post
              Oh no, I worded that badly. I meant that I am going to send them another encouragement email and see how things are going with the move and such. I was going to order parts the day after they said that they were going down and issuing refunds to everyone.
              Ah.

Yeah, like i said in the group buy thread, i'm still trying to push the Pierce braces but without enough interest it's just not feasible for me to keep paying full price to have custom parts made for people that don't want to fork up the cash for the quality they deliver.

I have a neuspeed front strut bar, progress rear sway and 4 point trunk brace now. I would LOVE to get things going on a Pierce front strut bar, traction bar and front lower tie bar with skidplate. I just can't swing the money and down time from work to spend the day at the shop.

If i can get ten people to sign up for ANY piece, Jim will create a jig and start laser cutting mounting flanges to start the manufacturing process. He's giving us a very fair price and is willing to fab up anything suspension related that we want. I'm really surprised it's had such a mediocre response.

Sorry for the thread jack, sir. I'll let you know what's going on with Pierce as soon as i know anything. I'm sure you'd love their stuff.

Comment

Guess what's in the box?

I love these guys; they are my heroes!

M2Y4 1st: 3.285, Accord 5th, 4.266 FD, M-Factory Helical LSD, performance carbon synchros.

MRT
                Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph

Comment

nice

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

Wow, that was a quick turnaround time for that trans!

Comment

Why are you posting? Go install that bish!

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Wow, that was a quick turnaround time for that trans!
                        Super quick turn around time! Every single piece of this purchase, from the initial call to the quality of the craftsmanship on the final product, has been amazing. I'm so glad this company exists and caters to our engines!

Originally posted by Sonikaccord View Post
                        Why are you posting? Go install that bish!
                        Two reasons, haha :

1. I just got it in the mail last night.

2. I am REALLY stuck on what clutch/flywheel combo to purchase. My OEM clutch is on it's way out, so I want to upgrade for longevity on the strip as I put this tranny on. Talking with Clutchmasters has been great. They recommended their 12lb steel flywheel and the FX350. Trying to get a hold of Exedy (my first choice) technicians for advice has proven impossible! They will not return calls. I really want to know whether their 4 puck stage 2 cerametallic or their Hyper single with steel flywheel is the right fit for this build. I need a clutch that can handle the direct port nitrous later, but is somewhat driveable on the street. I am not concerned with increased pedal pressure, I will live with that. Maybe you guys can help?

MRT
                        Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph

Comment

Just going to throw out there that I've been daily driving on a Competition Clutch stage 4 six puck ceramic clutch with my H22 swap. It's been pretty amazing to me. It's not too hard to drive on for sure dailyable and you can beat the living shit out of it. So I'd recommend checking them out.
                          Originally posted by cb9love
                          when all the cali cb's get forced off the road send em back too Ohio, we will still run them cats or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrewasoar View Post
                            Just going to throw out there that I've been daily driving on a Competition Clutch stage 4 six puck ceramic clutch with my H22 swap. It's been pretty amazing to me. It's not too hard to drive on for sure dailyable and you can beat the living shit out of it. So I'd recommend checking them out.
                            Thanks for the help. I have considered that company's clutches as well. I've seen quite a few members recommend and use this stage 4 clutch over the years. The thing that discouraged me was the lack of information available. Their website is still under construction, just as I found it almost a year ago! I want to know all the clutches they offer that fit our Honda motor/transmission setups. Were you able to get the advice and information you needed over the phone?

I can't find the informaiton in your MRT, but I wanted to know what flywheel you are using and what peak torque numbers you believe you are producing at the flywheel. If you could tell me anything about your engine's horsepower/torque numbers, that would greatly help me. Thanks for visiting man!
                            Last edited by af_1132; 10-23-2014, 12:19 PM.

MRT
                            Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph

Comment

I'm curious to see what times you run once you install all of your new goodies. Congrats on the new parts.

Comment

Have you tried out this calculator to compare your transmissions?

http://www.teammfactory.com/gear-calculator#

Comment

Working...
                                X