CB7Denmark : 1993 Accord EXi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
    You gained power everywhere! At least you'll have time to plan during the winter.
    The planning is done! My head will get a Stage 2 Port and Polish job, installed the Bisi (Webcam) Stage 2 cam and Pro springs i have sitting in the shelf.
    I'm not sure about the rest of the valvetrain and the valves, i cant seem to find anything for our head (A link will appreciated) even though i have seen Crower retainers n stuff before,i cant seem to find it.

Anyway, im running a DC Header, and i will try to find a Bisi header, but if that is not possible im gonna have to stick with the collector mod for now, or maybe a modified H22A Header. I will be buying a Magnaflow Highflow cat as well.

Spec-D exhaust system is fine for now, but i will change the muffler to a Magnaflow muffler of some kind.

Next up is the transmission, i'm buying a H22A transmission, to put the power on the ground.

And before its time to roll again, im gonna have Hondata S300 to manage it all.

Expectations are around 180whp with the currect C/R. Im probably forgetting something.. OH yea, H22A Injectors will be used as well, if i got the correct ones, not sure if they are OBD 1 or 2, i havent even looked at them yet lol.
    Check out my MRT, i'd love some constructive criticism ---> http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=204165 PICTURES FROM 2014! DOES NOT REPRESENT CURRENT STATE

Comment

Originally posted by CB7Denmark View Post
      The planning is done! My head will get a Stage 2 Port and Polish job, installed the Bisi (Webcam) Stage 2 cam and Pro springs i have sitting in the shelf.
      I'm not sure about the rest of the valvetrain and the valves, i cant seem to find anything for our head (A link will appreciated) even though i have seen Crower retainers n stuff before,i cant seem to find it.

Anyway, im running a DC Header, and i will try to find a Bisi header, but if that is not possible im gonna have to stick with the collector mod for now, or maybe a modified H22A Header. I will be buying a Magnaflow Highflow cat as well.

Spec-D exhaust system is fine for now, but i will change the muffler to a Magnaflow muffler of some kind.

Next up is the transmission, i'm buying a H22A transmission, to put the power on the ground.

And before its time to roll again, im gonna have Hondata S300 to manage it all.

Expectations are around 180whp with the currect C/R. Im probably forgetting something.. OH yea, H22A Injectors will be used as well, if i got the correct ones, not sure if they are OBD 1 or 2, i havent even looked at them yet lol.
      That's what my catback is or was. Spec-D. I put the different muffler on it though.

Did you get this car into storage yet?
      Last edited by H311RA151N; 10-21-2014, 05:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by H311RA151N View Post
        That's what my catback is or was. Spec-D. I put the different muffler on it though.

Did you get this car into storage yet?
        As a matter of fact, yes i have, just today. I'm gonna start taking it apart next weekend maybe, i'm gonna get the head off and dis assembly it to get it ready for porting.

Check out my MRT, i'd love some constructive criticism ---> http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=204165 PICTURES FROM 2014! DOES NOT REPRESENT CURRENT STATE

Comment

Originally posted by CB7Denmark View Post
          As a matter of fact, yes i have, just today. I'm gonna start taking it apart next weekend maybe, i'm gonna get the head off and dis assembly it to get it ready for porting.

That's awesome! I can't wait to see what you do with it!

Comment

excellent car man!!! so, what causes the f22a3 to have 150hp stock from the factory? If i remember correctly my USDM F22A4 has 130hp from the factory?
            For the love of god, STOP putting H.I.D's in stock housings!!! Projectors ONLY!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 802cb7 View Post
              excellent car man!!! so, what causes the f22a3 to have 150hp stock from the factory? If i remember correctly my USDM F22A4 has 130hp from the factory?
              Hi 802CB7, sorry for the long response time.

The A3 differs from your US version with higher compression ratio; 9.8:1 vs 8.8:1, the exhaust system is slightly different too, that i know for sure, what im unsure of, is the camshaft and the ECU, they might be different too, but i will find out as i continue through my build.
              I will update the thread with the information on the stock cam and ECU.

Comment

The camshaft is more aggressive and it uses the PT4 ECU.
                My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
                  The camshaft is more aggressive and it uses the PT4 ECU.
                  Thats what i thought...

I wonder how much potential the camshaft has. It can hardly be that more aggresive, i mean, different exhaust system, different cam, much higher compression, different ECU, for just 10hp over the A6? (15hp over the A4)

The A3 engine must have high potential, i shit you not, i have problems sleeping at night, i can hardly wait till the day its getting dyno tuned.

From what i've seen from US build, a mild build averages around 165 to 175 crank horsepower using stock cam but tuned ecu with bolt ons. Now with my engine, and higher compression and with a little of Bisi's magic, im honestly expecting 180+ crank horsepower to around 200 crank horsepower.

I will be using stock intake (With H22A Plenum mod and larger TB) for the initial dynotune just to get an idea of how everything plays together, but i will upgrade to Skunk2 Pro Series manifold, but im not sure because its optimized for high rpm and im not planning on going past 7500 rpm which will be my limiter, and im having a hard time finding alternatives for a mid-ranged setup.
                  Last edited by CB7Denmark; 01-13-2015, 10:46 AM.

Comment

UPDATE:

Baby steps!

I've been hugely delayed due to financial issues, but thats all covered now, so i can be steaming towards the finish line!

The engine has been taken apart, head is stitting in the shop, letting all the oil run out, so i can take it (I broke a pin bolt when i changed the timing belt, so it has been seeping a little oil) apart and start porting the bit**, get the cam in, change some bits and bobs, and put it back together.

Rear calipers are gonna get refurbished, both for 400USD, i considered it reasonably cheap, they are pretty done, one is completely locked up.

M2C4 tranny has also been bought!!! Gonna clean it up, prepare it for swapping in it in (Some new threads will have to be made, so it fits the CB chassis).

Competition clutch and flywheel is going to be my choice so i will place that order ASAP!

Waiting for a complete gasket kit for the engine, as well.

Lastly, it will be dynoed with Neptune by a friend of mine, for around 1000USD all included.

I do have pictures, but i have problems with that right now, im gonna add this later.

Im working a lot atm, but from Friday i have 2 weeks off, and all that time i will spend with my beloved beast, to git er doneeee.

Can't wait! Guys, were talking mere weeks now!!

I waited a year for this shit!!!

Peace brothers!

Comment

https://youtu.be/HQfySPrAYxM

Head work complete!

Comment

Pictures of what I've been doing since Saturday, total work time was around 23 hours, i could probably do it quicker next time.

Head: A3 EU Head, probably the exact same as US heads, or it could be completely different and much better, its anyone's guess really.

Done with 80 grit and 120 grit sanding cartridges, then 120 grit and 280 grit buffs, polished with silicon polishing wheels, unfortunately, the polishing compound i had, didn't have any abrasive material in it, so polishing would have taken forever (I polished the chambers with this and it took almost 45 minutes per chamber, and didn't achieve the desired result, therefor i switched before moving on to the runners), and the material kept stacking up in corners and stuff, t was more difficult to get off the applying to the surfaces, so it made no sense to me using it, hence i used silicon discs, which allowed me to get a near mirror finish in a quarter of the time normally needed.

Surface is now extremely smooth, even though its not a mirror finish. Air will have a really hard time grabbing on to anything while traveling to the cylinders.

Hopefully, this head work will help me accomplish my goal of 180whp.

The head has been delivered to a shop which will resurface the head, valveseats will get cut and valves will be refaced (Did i get the terms right? Anyway, you guys know what i mean) and lastly it will get cleaned ultrasonic style.

They told me i could pick up the head this Thursday, im currently waiting for a gasket kit from Germany, from a company called "Herth Buss", German quality, i would recommend this over any brand in US or whatever you guys usually buy, except OEM, but Herth Buss is actually an OEM supplier.

So whats next?

I only need to put this animal back together with my WEBCAM camshaft (Bought from BISI, made by WEBCAM) and then it will be dynoed some time next week if all goes as planned, i hope you guys are as excited as i am, i can barely sleep these days, stay safe and stay tuned for updates!

Pictures:

Final result:

Intake 1 and 2:

All intakes:

Exhaust ports:

While WIP pictures:

Surprise, Honda actually did and effort to match the intakes with the gasket:

I believe this was the 80 grit pass, halfway done with the port (With the 80 grit) at this time i think:

Exhaust port 120 grit cartridge pass, i think:

I believe the results should achieve a horsie or 2

Let me know what you think guys, take care.
                        Last edited by CB7Denmark; 06-16-2015, 11:17 AM.

Comment

nice work Christian, head looks good. Have you installed the head, cam, and valve train yet?
                          ~Nick~
                          FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                          MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpys93 View Post
                            nice work Christian, head looks good. Have you installed the head, cam, and valve train yet?
                            I've been barraged with the wrong gaskets, so unfortunately not. But should be sorted out today and tomorrow.
                            Today i will assemble whatever i can with the parts i have, the im gasket will arrive tomorrow and then i can start it up.

It will be tuned next week!

Comment

RIGHT, Update!

Finished putting everything back together last night, and i want to share the very first start up with you guys, link will be at the bottom of this reply.

What needs to be done then, Christian?: Well, RR Caliper is locked up, needs fixing, gonna look into that today.

Rear dampers still needs to be replaced with the Skunk2 and FK Automotive springs i have, i did the front last year on a parking lot and decided not to proceed from that until i had the means to get some more air under the car.

Need to get rid of the ugly ass tow hook, the wires have been cut anyway so i cant tow anything, not that i have a speedboat or anything anyway.

Exhaust needs the Y-Pipe mod, but there is no time fo dat right now, the car will be dyno tuned THIS Monday, also gotta get the exhaust to sit right.

M2C4 Transmissions swap postponed to next week instead of this weekend due to financial obstacles.

Aaaand the video, subscribe to my channel for more progress videos and other cool stuff!

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxoDfzyc0yc

Excitement warning: I personally was too excited for this moment, I've waited a long time for this moment, very long, so my excitement explodes, ye be warned, and may laugh.

Comment

HORY SHIEET LOL a tad bit excited are ya? lol congrats!
                                <

(129)Transactions and counting

Comment

Working...
                                X