Accrdwgnguy : 1993 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Accrdwgnguy : 1993 Accord LX

Well, didn't think I'd be back in a CB. Well, it's really my gf's new car. She got in an accident with her 99 CL a few days ago, on her birthday too. But no one got hurt, so thats a plus. But the CL is dead.

Lucky a buddy of mine was selling this green 1993 four door for cheap, we made a deal and he even brought it up to my house the same day as the accident. I have one pic I stole from him, it's the one with the goofy hubcaps.

Plans are minimal. I still have a pile of parts from her old white CB7 coupe, so most of those are going to find their way onto this car. I scrubbed the whole interior up and installed the leather front seats from the CL. Going to bolt the CL wheels on as they have new tires and look better than hubcaps. Also going to put the complete front spindles on from the CL as I just put new Prelude VTEC front calipers and rotors on the CL a month ago. Might also put on the exhaust from the old white coupe as well, it's a 2.5in Magnaflow system.

Well, stay tuned if you want to see a car built for as little cash outlay as possible.
    1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

In for cheap build. I want to see how much you'll do for how little

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Well, I'll be honest now. I have alot of parts stashed from both her old coupe and my wagon. However, I did kick off the build with one cheap thing. Finished scrubbing the interior today, it was pretty gross and I ended up bleaching the carpet and rear seat to get rid of the smell. The rear seat had a lot of burns and stains so I wrapped them in mexican blankets that we had around. Usually you can pick these up cheap on ebay or thrift stores. I paid about $10 each awhile ago.

This is also the first project in the new to me garage.

Comment

If I were you I would take the F23A1 as well as all the suspension stuff. If your wagon had rear discs and you still have the e-brake cables lying around then use those. The CD Accord and 1st gen CL e-brake cables are about 4 inches too long. They will work, but there's a lot of slack to deal with.
        My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

I am going to strip the CL to the bare shell, however the F23A1 may not find it's way into the CB unless it's needed. I would have preferred to pickup a 5th gen, that way I could transfer everything over, seats, auto climate control, wiring, and engine/trans/suspension. But this little guy fell into my lap for almost nothing, so we are running with it.

Comment

Can't wait to see where this goes.
            My 90 coupe Mr thread....
            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=178452

Comment

Well I had some room in the budget, so I found a decent 5th gen EX coupe and picked it up for my gf. Everything from the CL is going into that car, and the 1993 is going to be my winter beater. So there will be little to no progress on this car.

Comment

Up date on the beater! Drove it all winter and between my gf and I, we put about 8k miles on it. Extremely reliable. Pulled the AC compressor off since the clutch pulley was gyrating all over the place and making a racket. So DX belt and solved. AC didn't work anyways, system was empty. Throwout bearing kicked the bucket a month ago and started squealing, so parked it. Summer is here anyways and I'm driving the nice car now. Thinking of fixing the clutch and running the car in Rallycross. Could be fun to just abuse the hell out of the car. Not much value in it, nobody really wants a 22 year old multicolor Honda anyhow.

Comment

Working...
                X