khal.lawson : 1992 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by F22Chris View Post
    I don't have a phone atm, Verizon screwed me for like 1700 bucks. Talk to me in ATLiens or accept PM's and we can figure something out.
    Gotcha. Pm's fixed to accept incoming messages from non-contacts. Hit me up man!

Originally posted by excalibur02 View Post
    Your coupe looks so clean I like the progess!
    Thanks man!

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
    Bullshit! I wouldn't pay that.
    Me neither, at all.

Shot these this evening:

"You come from a long line of great poets, some of the greatest poets since Homer. One of them said, "The very time I thought I was lost, my dungeon shook and my chains fell off."
    - James Baldwin, "A Letter to My Nephew," The Fire Next Time.

UNI - Facebook - MRT

- Accord of the Month: March 2015 -

Comment

I took her on a trip down to Savannah, GA after some routine maintenance to take my sister's graduation pictures. Man, the car didn't miss a beat. She got 28 mpg's and barely had a hiccup. I think there may be an issue with the load electricity-wise because on my way down I cut on the HID's and the speedometer wigged out for two seconds. I'll look into that as I get into the wiring some.

After getting back to Atlanta for a wash and clay, things came out well. I took advantage of my spring break and set up my garage to be a better space to knock out some work. I'm going to work on the lighting situation, that makes things a bit difficult for both my eyes and for pictures:

I'm really just enjoying driving it around picking things here-and-there I'm gonna get to in due time. I've never done a swap before, but I'm seriously considering starting a F22A6 build since I have the space. It would give me the opportunity to have a bit more space cleaning up the bay. I just have to work out a budget, school is killing me, haha. I've also updated the future plans list, thanks for looking.
      Last edited by khal.lawson; 03-16-2015, 08:14 PM.

"You come from a long line of great poets, some of the greatest poets since Homer. One of them said, "The very time I thought I was lost, my dungeon shook and my chains fell off."

UNI - Facebook - MRT

Comment

Money budget or time budget?
        I'm jealous, my car is in POS mode right now. CELs, squeaks, rattles etc

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Money budget or time budget?
          I'm jealous, my car is in POS mode right now. CELs, squeaks, rattles etc
          Guwop good sir. I've been looking up parts and luckily things don't look too expensive, but I need to save up is'all. Yeah? A little bit of elbow grease will get you right man, no worries!

UNI - Facebook - MRT

Comment

Oh so minty. Looking good. That is one clean head on that engine!

Comment

Originally posted by JunyAccord View Post
              Oh so minty. Looking good. That is one clean head on that engine!
              Thanks man! I'm lucky.

So, this is my first lowered car as well. I've been careful to watch where I drive, but I caught a mean pothole today. Everything checks out as ok, except I bottomed out now I have a mean exhaust leak and I can hear a LOUD rattling in gear:

^ There, you can see one of the obvious places there was a crack. I figured I'd have to swap all of this out, but not so soon. I'm probably gonna have to replace everything headers and back to be safe. I'm definitely not opposed to going OEM. Anyone have suggestions as to what I should do? I'm still pretty new to modding CB's, so I'm not too well versed on what the best options are.

UNI - Facebook - MRT

Comment

Very nice.
                The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Originally posted by khal.lawson View Post
                  Thanks man! I'm lucky.

So, this is my first lowered car as well. I've been careful to watch where I drive, but I caught a mean pothole today. Everything checks out as ok, except I bottomed out now I have a mean exhaust leak and I can hear a LOUD rattling in gear:

^ There, you can see one of the obvious places there was a crack. I figured I'd have to swap all of this out, but not so soon. I'm probably gonna have to replace everything headers and back to be safe. I'm definitely not opposed to going OEM. Anyone have suggestions as to what I should do? I'm still pretty new to modding CB's, so I'm not too well versed on what the best options are.
                  Nice ride. Like that it has a lot of potential.

&...... where's your flex pipe? You just need to take it somewhere, they'll cut down near the oil pan, weld in the a flex pipe and CAT if you want one. Or if you have a flex (can't see really) then they'll weld in a spot. But from what I can tell that crack is from having on flex and hitting stuff...

Oh, stop hitting stuff Raise the car up if you need to. Unless you have the money to fix stuff all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Straight Success View Post
                    Very nice.
                    Much love, much love.

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
                    Nice ride. Like that it has a lot of potential.

&...... where's your flex pipe? You just need to take it somewhere, they'll cut down near the oil pan, weld in the a flex pipe and CAT if you want one. Or if you have a flex (can't see really) then they'll weld in a spot. But from what I can tell that crack is from having on flex and hitting stuff...

Oh, stop hitting stuff Raise the car up if you need to. Unless you have the money to fix stuff all the time.
                    Wow, thanks man, that means a lot coming from you. You know, as wild as it sounds, I was never sure of the function of a down-pipe until today to be honest and it hadn't occurred to me that one wasn't present a few hours ago.

I did some further diagnosis to find exactly where the noise is being made, and it's in the down-pipe. I have a DC Sports header, which came in two pieces, and I've been online trying to find another 4-2-1 (really, the 2-1 portion) for a good bit. Hopefully I come up with something soon.

Luckily, the CAT is present, however the down-pipe is down and out. I'll be taking it in to an exhaust shop if I can't get my girl's brother to cut and weld a flex pipe in for me.

I'd rather not go back to a full OEM system, but that just may happen as I'm not too concerned with performance beyond reliability and gas mileage.

UNI - Facebook - MRT

Comment

it's atlanta man, you should see my oil pan from driving in down town. Just get a flex pipe and take it mighty muffler or something. Most places will charge you $50, mig it, and send you on your way.

Comment

I have a DC header downpipe. It looks like its previous owner was a little low and it has a flat part on the bottom, but I think everything else is in tact. I'll have to look at it again.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Originally posted by F22Chris View Post
                          it's atlanta man, you should see my oil pan from driving in down town. Just get a flex pipe and take it mighty muffler or something. Most places will charge you $50, mig it, and send you on your way.
                          Gotcha, I'll see you tomorrow good sir. I'm new to having to replace an exhaust, lol.

I have a DC header downpipe. It looks like its previous owner was a little low and it has a flat part on the bottom, but I think everything else is in tact. I'll have to look at it again.
                          Bro, let me know what the deal is when you get a chance to look at it. I'd def pick it up off you.

UNI - Facebook - MRT

Comment

Looking at the pictures I just noticed you don't have the bracket that holds the down pipe on the block, since it's not there you're gonna get rattles from 2-2.5k rpms.

Comment

welcome back, glad you made it through your rough patch. car looks good

Comment

Originally posted by khal.lawson View Post

Was the bracket that F22Chris mentioned never there? Having that bracket will add more rigidity when and if you lose traction and start wheel hopping. I had a nasty wheel hop session in my early days and broke a portion of the OEM piping clean off the cat.
                                Last edited by af_1132; 04-07-2015, 01:51 AM.
                                *** Think of others before thinking of yourself. ***
                                ********** Spread love, not hate. ***********
                                ****Lift others up with kind and helpful words****

F20A_CB7, I miss you, but I will see you one day.
                                "Nothing a little prayer can't fix."

MRT
                                Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph
                                The quest for 9s ceased, now the goal is a circuit track monster!
                                Current fastest Laguna Seca Lap: 1:52.889

Comment

Working...
                                X