No announcement yet.

khal.lawson : 1992 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^^^ x2. I actually broke the bracket welds off the down pipe dumping my clutch. I have exhaust vibrations at 2.4-2.7k and it's annoying, but I'm planning on making a thicker bracket for my a4 piping.

Comment

Originally posted by oneoffaccord View Post
      welcome back, glad you made it through your rough patch. car looks good
      Thanks good sir, you're appreciated.

Originally posted by af_1132 View Post
      Was the bracket that F22Chris mentioned never there? Having that bracket will add more rigidity when and if you lose traction and start wheel hopping. I had a nasty wheel hop session in my early days and broke a portion of the OEM piping clean off the cat.
      Yeah, it's never been there is my guess. I had the chance to chop it up with Chris today and he had some really good insights as to where I could find some.

So, I've been riding around with a huge exhaust leak somewhere with this terrible rattling noise. Just waiting for my roommates to shoot me the remainder of the utilities we split and time to go a muffler shop and/or pull-apart. It's tough rolling around like so in an otherwise clean car.

I love being back in the CB community, you guys/gals are awesome. I pulled up on Chris (F22Chris) today to pick up a spare down-pipe/flex-pipe he had in order to use the flex-pipe portion of it.

I don't see many modified CB's around. What's unique about the 240sx' community is that when you see another 240 around, you can almost be certain they know what they're driving since noone really drives one, that I know of at least, unless they knowingly wanted a 240. In CB's it's a different story. I love what he's done so far, can't wait to see what comes next. You can check out his MRT here.

I need a legend coupe lip, a spare set of headlights, and corners. I love the amber contrast! Updates to come sometime soon, God-willing.
      Last edited by khal.lawson; 04-07-2015, 05:32 PM.

"You come from a long line of great poets, some of the greatest poets since Homer. One of them said, "The very time I thought I was lost, my dungeon shook and my chains fell off."
      - James Baldwin, "A Letter to My Nephew," The Fire Next Time.

UNI - Facebook - MRT

- Accord of the Month: March 2015 -

Comment

It's a few legends at PAP. I think they still have lips.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Khal, I'm pretty sure depo still makes ambers for us. They're like $30 for the sides and $60 for all four

Comment

I set out to get this exhaust fixed as soon as I could. At one point it completely broke in half, but now it's fixed. What was needed was the flex pipe (with the welds fixed), and a re-weld on the top of the down pipe. Sounds much quieter now.

Pretty? No. Functional? Yes.

Here are a few parts I grabbed from the JY, and the down pipe that was given as a donor for the flex pipe from F22Chris:

I'm going to start stocking up on OEM parts to refurbish at some point. One thing I'm learning is that there are way more CB's in JY's than there were 240's, you can really get lucky in there.

On another note. Man, of course with a 20+ year old car things will begin to fall apart. I had to readjust my clutch interlock assembly because my clutch pedal wasn't reaching far enough to engage. Getting up there with big hands is a nightmare, but it's handled now. Thanks for looking folks.

"You come from a long line of great poets, some of the greatest poets since Homer. One of them said, "The very time I thought I was lost, my dungeon shook and my chains fell off."

UNI - Facebook - MRT

Comment

And CBs are less likely to get raped and pillaged like the civics and Integras. I swear it was about 10 people all piled around this fresh dc2 kill while I was comfortably working on a CB right next to it.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Seriously though, Sonik... It's the same thing with vw's too. I just want an OEM shifter for my vr6 that doesn't have the leather peeled off . Everybody just rips apart the interior of the wolfsbergs and don't care for the next person.. And screw those b18b civics anyway... Try something different ffs.

Good seeing you yesterday Khal. It may look bad, but it sounds really nice!

Comment

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
                  And CBs are less likely to get raped and pillaged like the civics and Integras. I swear it was about 10 people all piled around this fresh dc2 kill while I was comfortably working on a CB right next to it.
                  Yeah. One of these days I'm going to take the time to scope around the other Pull-a-parts in Atlanta to see what else is at these other yards.

Originally posted by F22Chris View Post
                  Seriously though, Sonik... It's the same thing with vw's too. I just want an OEM shifter for my vr6 that doesn't have the leather peeled off . Everybody just rips apart the interior of the wolfsbergs and don't care for the next person.. And screw those b18b civics anyway... Try something different ffs.

Good seeing you yesterday Khal. It may look bad, but it sounds really nice!
                  Good to see you too man!

10 minutes after we headed out my radiator gave up on me, I spent the next five hours replacing it and the lower radiator hose. The fun never ends man, lol.

UNI - Facebook - MRT

Comment

5 hours?! Dude just call me next time! The one off Jimmy Carter has the good stuff most of the time. East is just so close to where we live.
                    Last edited by F22Chris; 04-27-2015, 03:18 PM.

Comment

To back up my last post:

I pulled off of the road because I saw smoke coming from under the hood. LUCKILY, when I lifted it I saw antifreeze. I managed to limp home and of course, it was the radiator:

My girl was nice enough to offer to help switch things out.

Ended up going back for a lower radiator hose and some new clamps. After a proper bleed it was back to normal. Holds great in traffic now (Atlanta problems). Its a reassuring feeling to have replaced a part with a brand new one. Also, this forum is really serving to be a great tool for any questions I may have, it seems that almost every question has been answered!

Lastly, I'm in grad school at Emory and took the opportunity to use the parking deck to my advantage one evening:

I had more, but I can't find them in my Google Drive folder. When I find them I'll share a few more.

Before the radiator incident (literally, 20 minutes before it) I met up with Chris and he let me have the bracket that holds the downpipe to the block so I'll be looking to tackle that once finals are over. Chris, thanks again for all your help man!
                      Last edited by khal.lawson; 04-30-2015, 03:40 PM.

UNI - Facebook - MRT

Comment

Try having your clutch decide to take a dump, going 85 south at 5 o'clock, and having to pace yourself so you don't have to use first gear...definitely Atlanta problems.

Good luck with finals!

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
                          Try having your clutch decide to take a dump, going 85 south at 5 o'clock, and having to pace yourself so you don't have to use first gear...definitely Atlanta problems.

Good luck with finals!
                          Thanks man, I'll need it! I can't imagine traffic with no first gear, I'd just pull off and post up somewhere if I could. Traffic on I85 is no hoe man, at all.

Also, I won accord of the month! Thanks guys!

UNI - Facebook - MRT

Comment

No problem . Congrats on AOTM! Post up some interior pics. I also found hella rubber stoppers if you still need them. I literally have a brown lunch bag with 200 of them

Comment

Been doing nothing but driving to and from work now that school is out.
                              I snapped this on top of a parking deck one evening before stroll practice.

However, as I was making my way down I20 one day my ABS and Battery light cut on and I noticed there was a weird issue when I cut on anything that required drawing power (for example, the turn signals):

I thought about pulling a Fast & Furious 1 for parts when I saw this but said "nah.":

I replaced the battery first and then the alternator. Again, I have pretty big hands and getting that thing out was a nightmarem but it happened. Moving the power steering pump and cruise control (which is still non-functional) made things alot easier.

Turned out well. Everything runs smoothly!
                              Last edited by khal.lawson; 05-19-2015, 02:01 AM.

UNI - Facebook - MRT

Comment

Stroll practice?
                                Are you greek?

Edit: Nvm, you're an Alpha. Cool. I was going to do KKPsi at my school but they kept getting kicked off the yard, smh.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Working...
                                X