X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
    Stroll practice?
    Are you greek?

Edit: Nvm, you're an Alpha. Cool. I was going to do KKPsi at my school but they kept getting kicked off the yard, smh.
    Yeah man, ΑΦΑ. KKPsi has some good folks. "Behold... How good it is to dwell amongst brethren..."

No updates, just trying to survive the summer, lol.

"You come from a long line of great poets, some of the greatest poets since Homer. One of them said, "The very time I thought I was lost, my dungeon shook and my chains fell off."
    - James Baldwin, "A Letter to My Nephew," The Fire Next Time.

UNI - Facebook - MRT

- Accord of the Month: March 2015 -

Comment

Psalms 133?

You and I may have to talk

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

"When Things Go Wrong, As They Sometimes Will"

Things will go wrong, and boy have they.

So, I was in Atlanta traffic on my way back from writing. A usual day.
        I was approaching the point where traffic was slowing down on I-285 and I moved over one lane blindly and had very little space to brake, so I pump the brakes, down-shift (at one point I pulled the e-brake, I'm sure) but to no avail I found myself in the back of a Hyundai SUV. It could have been worse, sure, but here's the damage:

Sweet. Again, not bad, but definitely not what I was expecting or hoping for. But then again who is?

So, I pulled things apart to assess the damage.

So, the right headlight lens is demolished, the hood is pushed in, the core support was pushed in on the right sight, and there's a dent/damaged paint on my front bumper.

I removed the damaged parts and parked her for the night, I had to head out of town the next day so I dealt with everything when I got back.

Took a few days to enjoy Savannah, Georgia. My brother was in school down here and as a port city, there is a ton of history of the early United States and the South present. Several of the families in the surrounding areas can trace their ancestry all the way back to the mid 1700's easily by last name. Problem is, there is a deep and sustained tension due the the racial history. Both black and white folks will carry the same last name - but as history tells us, one group wrongfully "owned" the other.

Things were also incredibly tense due to the racially charged events in Charleston recently. We did our best to enjoy ourselves before we dug into details, nonetheless.

Though I managed to make a run the day we left, I got back about 10pm Thursday night and the very next morning I was up to head to Pull-A-Part before I headed to work. Again, they always have a ton of CB's.

... and that pretty much is where I am now. I spent today doing maintenance - brakes, anti-freeze, oil change - and cleaning her up. I still need to pull out the core support some in order for things to line up completely OEM again. I'm gonna be trying my hand at body work with sanding down and prepping the hood for paint at some point, and I'll be doing the same for the bumper. I'll have the hood professionally painted and I'm planning to buy some primer/paint/clearcoat myself to take care of the knicks and smaller ins-and-outs.

Thanks for looking, feedback is welcomed.

"You come from a long line of great poets, some of the greatest poets since Homer. One of them said, "The very time I thought I was lost, my dungeon shook and my chains fell off."

UNI - Facebook - MRT

Comment

No time wasted i see! Good job man. I like the white hood personally I'd leave it that way.

Who you gonna get to paint it?

On a side note, I got my car running today! Just gotta thread a header stud for the downpipe flange to knock out that exhaust leak.

Again let me know if I can help out.

Comment

Yep, I had that front end damage too a few months ago. These cars surprise me all the time. It's so easy to repair almost anything.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Originally posted by F22Chris View Post
              No time wasted i see! Good job man. I like the white hood personally I'd leave it that way.

Who you gonna get to paint it?

On a side note, I got my car running today! Just gotta thread a header stud for the downpipe flange to knock out that exhaust leak.

Again let me know if I can help out.
              My girl's cousin has a shop in riverdale that does some pretty decent body work, he quoted me 125 a panel. Not too bad! (I think, lol). And good deal, I bet it's a bit smoother now. If I can help let me know!

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
              Yep, I had that front end damage too a few months ago. These cars surprise me all the time. It's so easy to repair almost anything.
              Yeah, it sucks but luckily it is easy to repair!

UNI - Facebook - MRT

Comment

khal you have such a nice clean coupe. Glad that you got it repaired and back on the road. Too bad that your beautiful coupe had to get messed up in the first place.

I'd like to know more about your headlight setup, I'm looking at getting some hid's myself. Also those headlights are much nicer looking than your standard eBay ones.

Keep up the good work and you will meet your goals. I love your rims, I would eventually like to get a pair myself.
                MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

Originally posted by Rilas View Post
                  khal you have such a nice clean coupe. Glad that you got it repaired and back on the road. Too bad that your beautiful coupe had to get messed up in the first place.

I'd like to know more about your headlight setup, I'm looking at getting some hid's myself. Also those headlights are much nicer looking than your standard eBay ones.

Keep up the good work and you will meet your goals. I love your rims, I would eventually like to get a pair myself.
                  Thanks for your kind words man, truly. I'll get you info on the HID's as soon as possible. The Ballasts are different, which worries me a bit but they work fine otherwise. I also haven't found a good mounting point for them either. If I can get in contact with the previous owner I'll have the most accurate info.

UNI - Facebook - MRT

Comment

Emissions trouble.

I failed emissions. Hard. CO was well over 6, so I:

- seafoamed
                    - Injector cleaner
                    - Fuel filter
                    - Oil Change
                    - Oil Filter

... spark plug wires, distributor rotor & cap, and O2 sensor to come.

Here's video of the seafoaming:

(Here's the link on youtube until I get the embedding thing figure out here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rO4eQnAljU8)

I hope it's not my CAT, but we'll see soon.
                    Last edited by khal.lawson; 07-28-2015, 11:10 PM.

UNI - Facebook - MRT

Comment

You probably should be straight with a freshen up like that. Run it hard before you get it sniffed again. Also, make sure your EGR is working properly; that helps.
                      Last edited by Straight Success; 07-28-2015, 11:22 PM.
                      The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Originally posted by Straight Success View Post
                        You probably should be straight with a freshen up like that. Run it hard before you get it sniffed again. Also, make sure your EGR is working properly; that helps.

Thanks man, I'm gonna run one more tank before I get her tested again. I forgot to mention I cleaned the IACV, EGR valve, new egr gasket, and pretty much everything connected to the plenum and throttle body.

Hopefully it's overkill.

UNI - Facebook - MRT

Comment

When will this thing be H or K stuffed?
                          The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Originally posted by Straight Success View Post
                            When will this thing be H or K stuffed?
                            Whew. I'm just handling the basics now good sir, lol. Once I can get everything back under control there may be some H-talk. Mostly planning for now.

UNI - Facebook - MRT

Comment

Originally posted by khal.lawson View Post

Fast work on those repairs. I like the simple styling
                              and you were lucky enough to find black leather DA headrests.

When I seafoamed my car I didn't get the thick white smoke. I was very disappointed

Comment

Dat smog bruh! If you need a cat you'll have to weld it on too. I was gonna offer to use my new one but thought about your exhaust set-up.. Such a pain the the ass, man. I'm gonna go get sniffed again Tuesday, I'll post the results.

Comment

Working...
                                X