Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F22Chris
    replied
    You better keep my damn number. I need EDM!

Leave a comment:

• khal.lawson
    replied
    Originally posted by semitas View Post
    good comeback after the wreck, she looking good. Props on the proper grammar. Glad to see you stay true to cb7, I'm getting ideas to build one.
    Thanks bro! I'm looking forward to seeing what direction you go.

Quick update: I still have this.

HOWEVER, I haven't been driving her due to not having passed emissions. I changed the exhaust - headers back - to oem, changed the EGR which had a mean crack, changed the intake manifold gasket, and a slew of other things.

She hasn't been driven much because I'm at a crossroads: I just took ownership of my Dad's 72 aircooled Beetle, and I'll be driving the car my brother got from my Dad, his G35, for a few months.

I'm debating on selling something because more than likely I'll be in Germany doing an exchange program. if I keep the CB, I'll be buying as much edm stuff as possible and shipping it over, lol. I'll be coming back to this with details and pictures next week.

Leave a comment:

• semitas
    replied
    good comeback after the wreck, she looking good. Props on the proper grammar. Glad to see you stay true to cb7, I'm getting ideas to build one.

Leave a comment:

• khal.lawson
    replied
    Small Update

School has started back, so I'm making small changes at the moment. I have my brother's car as a daily so she's parked while I work on it in the evening's when I can. A more full update soon.

Leave a comment:

• sonikaccord
    replied
    Wow. I thought I was going to fail my smog this year, but I passed...albeit with worse numbers than last year.

Leave a comment:

• F22Chris
    replied
    Dat smog bruh! If you need a cat you'll have to weld it on too. I was gonna offer to use my new one but thought about your exhaust set-up.. Such a pain the the ass, man. I'm gonna go get sniffed again Tuesday, I'll post the results.

Leave a comment:

• DCB7
    replied
    Originally posted by khal.lawson View Post

Fast work on those repairs. I like the simple styling
    and you were lucky enough to find black leather DA headrests.

When I seafoamed my car I didn't get the thick white smoke. I was very disappointed

Leave a comment:

• khal.lawson
    replied
    Originally posted by Straight Success View Post
    When will this thing be H or K stuffed?
    Whew. I'm just handling the basics now good sir, lol. Once I can get everything back under control there may be some H-talk. Mostly planning for now.

Leave a comment:

• Straight Success
    replied
    When will this thing be H or K stuffed?

Leave a comment:

• khal.lawson
    replied
    Originally posted by Straight Success View Post
    You probably should be straight with a freshen up like that. Run it hard before you get it sniffed again. Also, make sure your EGR is working properly; that helps.

Thanks man, I'm gonna run one more tank before I get her tested again. I forgot to mention I cleaned the IACV, EGR valve, new egr gasket, and pretty much everything connected to the plenum and throttle body.

Hopefully it's overkill.

Leave a comment:

• Straight Success
    replied
    You probably should be straight with a freshen up like that. Run it hard before you get it sniffed again. Also, make sure your EGR is working properly; that helps.
    Last edited by Straight Success; 07-28-2015, 11:22 PM.

Leave a comment:

• khal.lawson
    replied
    Emissions trouble.

I failed emissions. Hard. CO was well over 6, so I:

- seafoamed
    - Injector cleaner
    - Fuel filter
    - Oil Change
    - Oil Filter

... spark plug wires, distributor rotor & cap, and O2 sensor to come.

Here's video of the seafoaming:

(Here's the link on youtube until I get the embedding thing figure out here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rO4eQnAljU8)

I hope it's not my CAT, but we'll see soon.
    Last edited by khal.lawson; 07-28-2015, 11:10 PM.

Leave a comment:

• khal.lawson
    replied
    Originally posted by Rilas View Post
    khal you have such a nice clean coupe. Glad that you got it repaired and back on the road. Too bad that your beautiful coupe had to get messed up in the first place.

I'd like to know more about your headlight setup, I'm looking at getting some hid's myself. Also those headlights are much nicer looking than your standard eBay ones.

Keep up the good work and you will meet your goals. I love your rims, I would eventually like to get a pair myself.
    Thanks for your kind words man, truly. I'll get you info on the HID's as soon as possible. The Ballasts are different, which worries me a bit but they work fine otherwise. I also haven't found a good mounting point for them either. If I can get in contact with the previous owner I'll have the most accurate info.

Leave a comment:

• Rilas
    replied
    khal you have such a nice clean coupe. Glad that you got it repaired and back on the road. Too bad that your beautiful coupe had to get messed up in the first place.

I'd like to know more about your headlight setup, I'm looking at getting some hid's myself. Also those headlights are much nicer looking than your standard eBay ones.

Keep up the good work and you will meet your goals. I love your rims, I would eventually like to get a pair myself.

Leave a comment:

• khal.lawson
    replied
    Originally posted by F22Chris View Post
    No time wasted i see! Good job man. I like the white hood personally I'd leave it that way.

Who you gonna get to paint it?

On a side note, I got my car running today! Just gotta thread a header stud for the downpipe flange to knock out that exhaust leak.

Again let me know if I can help out.
    My girl's cousin has a shop in riverdale that does some pretty decent body work, he quoted me 125 a panel. Not too bad! (I think, lol). And good deal, I bet it's a bit smoother now. If I can help let me know!

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
    Yep, I had that front end damage too a few months ago. These cars surprise me all the time. It's so easy to repair almost anything.
    Yeah, it sucks but luckily it is easy to repair!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X