Rilas : 1993 Accord SE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rilas View Post
    I just don't like the way the stock wheel looks. The 4 spokes off of it and of course the airbag. I just wanted something that looked more sporty and didn't have an airbag. The Prelude wheel fits those requirements. I would still like to try a newer steering wheel with more buttons on it eventually.
    Yeah, that's definitely fair. Especially since it's your car! I agree about the looks, I prefer something minimalist too.

"You come from a long line of great poets, some of the greatest poets since Homer. One of them said, "The very time I thought I was lost, my dungeon shook and my chains fell off."
    - James Baldwin, "A Letter to My Nephew," The Fire Next Time.

UNI - Facebook - MRT

- Accord of the Month: March 2015 -

Comment

Well I had to move Lola out of the garage last night, and I like the feel of the Prelude wheel. I just can't wait till I can start driving her on a daily basis. Sadly I don't think it's going to happen before winter. Just too much work to be done and not enough time. Since I have so little time before this trip I've been debating just holding off on licensing it until spring, or maybe in the winter when funds aren't quite as tight.
      MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

I got the front brakes changed on the Pilot last night as well as the oil changed. Checked out a few things on the suspension as well. I still have a few more things to check out on it, but I got the job done that I was after. I was able to do the break in last night. I went out to a somewhat remote road, where to anyone watching I was driving like a retard. Tonight I will work on getting the rears swapped out.

Pilot Front Driver Side Rotor

Pilot Rotor and Pads

Pilot Pad Faces (I know the rotor doesn't look too bad and the pads aren't too bad either. The passenger side was in a bit worse shape. They could have waited a bit longer, but with this long trip coming up it was more for my peace of mind. Besides it's an area of this vehicle I haven't done more too than briefly look at a few months ago. So a little bit of love into this vehicle isn't a bad thing.)

Pilot New Brake Setup

Pilot Brakes After Break In (I need to take the tires back off and wipe down the brake dust and zinc plating dust. The dimples and slots should be black but instead are just darker gray due to the dust. After the cleaning dust shouldn't be an issue.)

If anyone cares I got these brakes here. I have a set of their drilled and slotted rotors and ceramic pads on the front of my sedan. They have been on for over 2 years and the rotors have no rust on them yet, the pads are still in great shape as well. So they should do the Pilot just fine. I couldn't find any other company where I was happy with kind of brakes I was getting vs the price point. I really wanted to get Hawk brakes for this but they only offered one rotor I think.

Comment

Not really much of an update for Lola. But I've been busy.

Pilot Maintenance

-OEM Timing Belt
          -Aisin Water Pump
          -Both OEM Idler Bearings
          -OEM Auto Tensioner
          -OEM Transmission Fluid Change (Yay for 3 gallons of Honda ATF! )
          -Rear Brakes (Same brand as fronts.)
          -OEM Sway Bar End Links
          -OEM Serpentine Belt
          -OEM NGK Spark Plugs
          -Checked air pressure in tires

Also worked on a friends '08 CR-V.

-Replaced Rack and Pinion with a remanufactured unit
          -Beck Arnley Inner Tie Rods
          -OEM Outer Tie Rods

I didn't make the choice in parts. It was due to money constraints. But the reman rack has a lifetime warranty. Seems Honda put in shitty racks on this generation of CR-V. After reading about it, on forums it seems to be a common failure for them.

Also finished working on my IT project for a dentist. This consisted of:

-2 Physical Servers (One to host the VM's and one is a backup in case the main ever fails.)
          -2 Virtual Servers (One to host AD, DNS, DHCP. The other hosts the print server, file server and his appilcation Open Dental.)
          -2 AP's
          -1 Firewall
          -1 Switch
          -2 Desktops
          -2 Laptops
          -2 External Hard Drives (Veeam Backups are put on these external drives and rotated weekly. The unhooked drive is stored offsite in case something happens to the building. As well as the backup server.)

Sadly yesterday while making a trip to Wal-Mart, my sedan's starter failed once I got there. Just to add to the pile of things right before we head to California. So I called AAA to get it towed home, they sent a regular tow truck instead of a flat bed like I requested, due to it being lowered and having a modified header on it. Needless to say my car was not towed home last night. I will get it towed home today. I don't think I have time to fix it before we leave . Hopefully while on this vacation though I will find some goodies for Lola.

Comment

Here is an update actually related to Lola, after a few that went totally off topic. Just got this in the mail yesterday. I still don't think it's quite the right emblem. I believe the correct one has a white circle around it instead of a square.

Comment

Are you driving this thing on your vacation to L.A.?
              The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

I wish I was! Instead we are bringing the 2009 Honda Pilot Touring. Just with the baby, the coupe isn't so ideal for long trips. Plus if I find anything large at any of the junkyards I can actually bring it home. I keep telling the GF though that we are going to take a road trip in it somewhere. Just the two of us.

Comment

Cool.

I'm no SoCAL native yet, but I am here, and when you touch down, hit me up. I'm down to hang out for a minute and slide to a yard or two.
                  Last edited by Straight Success; 10-31-2015, 12:32 AM.

- D. Chappelle

Comment

I like stopping in this thread every once in a while...It makes me want to do a full resto build.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Looking through this makes me want to throw my car on jack stands and do what we discussed.

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Hey Rilas, I'm picking up a 98 CL 3.0L this weekend for parts and thought I'd rack your brain about what to grab off it. Send you a PM asking a few questions.

Nice work on the Lude wheel mod. I'll be on the lookout for one for sure now!

Comment

Nice work! I went through ever page and love what I'm seeing! To my knowledge you are the 2nd person to have a DCC. I have always wanted one!

You are going to fix up the body with all the other components done?

Comment

Originally posted by Straight Success View Post
                            Looking through this makes me want to throw my car on jack stands and do what we discussed.
                            I think it would be worth it man. It was great getting to hang out for a bit, while I was down in Los Angeles. Thanks for bringing out your baby, and managing to get pulled over by the cops.

Comment

Originally posted by Flip-Eye View Post
                              Hey Rilas, I'm picking up a 98 CL 3.0L this weekend for parts and thought I'd rack your brain about what to grab off it. Send you a PM asking a few questions.

Nice work on the Lude wheel mod. I'll be on the lookout for one for sure now!
                              Flip-Eye there is so much you can pull off of this car. It all depends on what you are willing to do.

If your willing to pull parts and sell them on eBay you can pull:

Stereo
                              Speakersh
                              Headlights
                              Tail Lights
                              Map Light

Craigslist:

Engine
                              Transmision
                              Wheels
                              Suspension

Things to Swap:

Wheels
                              Suspension (Possible, if a new TL-S is possible this probably could be as well. Not sure how much better the ride would be though. But it could make a difference.)
                              RoH Brakes
                              Caliper and Bracket
                              Map Light / Home Link (If it has it.)
                              Front Seats
                              Rear Seats
                              Stereo
                              Speakers
                              Steering Wheel (Possible with 5th Gen column.)
                              Instrument Cluster (If you can find one to match your transmission on a 2.3. See later post in my thread I actually found a 2.3 manual in Los Angeles while I was down there.)
                              Wiper Stalk (Variable Speed, then you just need to find the A11 ICU from a 95 V6 Accord.)

There are most likely a few other items of what can be taken. I just can't think of them off the top of my head.

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
                                Nice work! I went through ever page and love what I'm seeing! To my knowledge you are the 2nd person to have a DCC. I have always wanted one!

You are going to fix up the body with all the other components done?
                                Thanks a ton Raf99. Means a lot coming from someone with a dedication to these cars like you. The DCC was a pain in the ass, but I think it's going to be well worth it. Nice to have some of the same creature comforts the Pilot has. Hopefully one day you can get one into your sweet ride.

I have quite a few more plans for this before I actually start on the body. But the end goal is to have it repainted in it's stock color. I love the Atlantis Blue Green Pearl. I still need to get the suspension off the sedan with the brakes. I'm still looking for a Legend lip and some '01-'02 Accord EX Side side skirts. Also I need to get the SE Coupe spoiler installed. There are some other things in the works also. Just need more time.

Comment

Working...
                                X