Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 92smokeaccord
    replied
    Ok so long overdue update. I really didnít want to sell my turbo setup but I did. I sold the whole kit for a good price of 600$. Kit itís self only cost me about 250$ to piece together. But like any good thing it had to end. This is my daily and I just canít fix the damn car every week and worry about blowing rings to pan every time I hit the gas. Side note car made 298 whp at 20psi lol. BUT! I got a h22a1 for killer deal. Itís in pieces and it melted the center of piston one. But for 150$ I can rebuild it and I already got a spare donor h22 with 3 good pistons. So gonna rebuild this and swap it in with my h22 trans. Iím hoping to get some reliability and some sort of power out of this with out building another motor every month or so.

Hereís some crap pics

Leave a comment:

• 92smokeaccord
    replied
    Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
    Wrist pin location is what compression height is referring to.
    Hummmm so Iím theroy the g pistons should work on stock f rods.....may have to go shopping next week lol

Leave a comment:

• Jarrett
    replied
    Wrist pin location is what compression height is referring to.

Leave a comment:

• 92smokeaccord
    replied
    I would doubt it. But if those pistons are 30.5mm compression height, like I would bet they are, then you don't need new rods. If they use a floating pin, which the available year models would suggest they didn't, then you would just order aftermarket rods anyway.

EDIT* It seems that the G25A uses a 138mm rod, as opposed to the 141.5mm rod in the F22A. No good for this engine.
    I wonder though.... I wonder if the wrist pin location is the same. If thatís the cause should be able to just swap rods with stock f22 and run them just boost compression

Leave a comment:

• Jarrett
    replied
    I would doubt it. But if those pistons are 30.5mm compression height, like I would bet they are, then you don't need new rods. If they use a floating pin, which the available year models would suggest they didn't, then you would just order aftermarket rods anyway.

EDIT* It seems that the G25A uses a 138mm rod, as opposed to the 141.5mm rod in the F22A. No good for this engine.
    Last edited by Jarrett; 04-19-2018, 01:25 PM.

Leave a comment:

• 92smokeaccord
    replied
    If you ever get a wild hair to go pull pistons out of a car in the junkyard again, the G25A uses 85mm pistons and I'd be willing to bet that it uses a 30.55mm compression height, too. The Vigor has a 9.0:1 compression ratio and the 2.5TL is 9.6:1. All that with an 86.4mm stroke. So that done in a 95mm stroke application should be well North of 10.5:1. If you were looking for a cheap boost on low-end power.
    Dude you kick ass! Question tho. Can I use the rods out of the g series too or am I gonna have to swap rods? I canít reallt find much info on the g series motors. Would be so nice Iím sure the ringlands are thicker too

Leave a comment:

• Jarrett
    replied
    If you ever get a wild hair to go pull pistons out of a car in the junkyard again, the G25A uses 85mm pistons and I'd be willing to bet that it uses a 30.55mm compression height, too. The Vigor has a 9.0:1 compression ratio and the 2.5TL is 9.6:1. All that with an 86.4mm stroke. So that done in a 95mm stroke application should be well North of 10.5:1. If you were looking for a cheap boost on low-end power.

Leave a comment:

• 92smokeaccord
    replied
    Ok so today I decided to rebuild the motor due to cylinder 3 only having 60 psi on the compression test. Here is what I found. After ripping into this motor I found that only cylinder 3 has extensive damage. Eaither way I replaced all 4 pistons /rings. From the looks of things I may have had a misfire at some point on cylinder 3 making the chamber extremely hot and causing the rings to expand to far and but each other. So in the end she broke a ring land as well as the second ring. As of now she is about half way to being completely rebuilt. All I have left is to put the head and timing which will only take me a couple hours. Heres some pics to show the damaged goods vs the new clean rebuild. Also gapped the living hell out these rings so this has way less chance of happening again.

Broke piston ringland literally just fell out along with ring

Broke ring

New/ used pistons from junk yard. No chips or cracks loose pins.

New pistons in the block

That’s pretty much it till tomorrow. Gonna finish her up nice so I can finally drive my car again. Next step is some tires!

Leave a comment:

• 92smokeaccord
    replied
    Well. Update I suppose. Lol. Got the bitch tuned!!!!!!! Blew it up day after whooooooa!!! Yeah ended up hurting cylinder 3. The spark plug wire was chaffing on the valve cover and shorted out lost spark for second and it ended up firing to late and boom! Iím pretty sure itís a ringland so Iím gonna pull thing apart and change the piston out maybe more. Gonna do compression test and see what Iím at. Iím gonna gap the rings out farther to help with the expansion

Leave a comment:

• HenRoc
    replied
    I'll see you on Sunday.

Leave a comment:

• Raf99
    replied
    Originally posted by 92smokeaccord View Post
    Basics. But 40$ Iím not complaining They ride pretty good but the are to soft and require a lot of travel which makes my running problem even worse. Iím gonna try a frankinstine set up. Gonna take the coil springs off the tiens and use them with some Koni yellow and some eBay sleeves.
    Can't beat the price! So i have Tein Super Streets. And they are too soft too. Most the web says it's the spring and not the shock. some have swapped it out for a stiffer spring but most (like me) just put up with it. And technically it's the UCA ramming off the body that only bothers me.

Leave a comment:

• Mike1357
    replied
    Awesome yard finds!

Leave a comment:

• 92smokeaccord
    replied
    Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
    Do you know what model of Tein's they are?
    Basics. But 40$ Iím not complaining They ride pretty good but the are to soft and require a lot of travel which makes my running problem even worse. Iím gonna try a frankinstine set up. Gonna take the coil springs off the tiens and use them with some Koni yellow and some eBay sleeves.

Leave a comment:

• Raf99
    replied
    Do you know what model of Tein's they are?

Leave a comment:

• NH-503P-3
    replied
    Damn those are some good scores. Those tail lights would have been triple that in a Cali pap.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X