• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HenRoc
    replied
    Originally posted by Grumpys93 View Post
    Henry,
    How difficult was it filling out the paperwork for the warranty? I totally forgot about the lifetime warranty and was considered getting my current ones rebuilt. Could you pm the details please thank you. Also I was able to run 5mm spacers on the front of my Odyssey set up without wheels hitting the calibers.
    It was fairly easy actually all you needed was a proof of purchase and a copy of your registration to verify ownership.

Originally posted by NH-503P-3 View Post
    You guys are right about those G2 Legends. Out of all the bigger Acura’s I see in the local paps, TL’s, CL’s, RL’s. The Legends and especially the coupes are consistently the most well kept in and out. Some are so nice I can’t put a reason on why they would be sold to a pap. In SoCal the type II & coupe front lip is like gold. Those things don’t last 24hrs once a coupe is put out. I got my hands on one a while back and consider my lucky to get it.

HenRoc, those Legend wheels are nice. 5 lug gives you so many great OEM options. Especially in 16”
    Thanks Mark! Yeah I had to hop on these I wanted something different and smaller than the Si wheels. I think it would look pretty dope sitting low on them so I cant wait to finish it up.

Yeah believe or not there is a huge following for those in the Legend community. Especially auto to manual swaps. Those fetch some good money.

Leave a comment:

• NH-503P-3
    replied
    You guys are right about those G2 Legends. Out of all the bigger Acura’s I see in the local paps, TL’s, CL’s, RL’s. The Legends and especially the coupes are consistently the most well kept in and out. Some are so nice I can’t put a reason on why they would be sold to a pap. In SoCal the type II & coupe front lip is like gold. Those things don’t last 24hrs once a coupe is put out. I got my hands on one a while back and consider my lucky to get it.

HenRoc, those Legend wheels are nice. 5 lug gives you so many great OEM options. Especially in 16”

Leave a comment:

• Grumpys93
    replied
    Henry,
    How difficult was it filling out the paperwork for the warranty? I totally forgot about the lifetime warranty and was considered getting my current ones rebuilt. Could you pm the details please thank you. Also I was able to run 5mm spacers on the front of my Odyssey set up without wheels hitting the calibers.

Leave a comment:

• HenRoc
    replied
    Originally posted by AccordWarrior View Post
    I LOVE those Acura wheels.

There's a sad 2G Legend at a local body shop full of bondo and primer with awful, awful chrome wheels on it that hasn't moved in years.

I get the urge to offer them $1,000 for it sprayed in a single color and repair everything wrong with it.
    Yeah, Ive seen a lot of the G2s in yards..hell even keepinitclean came across a really clean one in NorCal that someone just dropped off at a local yard!

Paint looked clean for it's age and it looked like it was very well kept, just a mystery as to why it ended up in a you-pull it yard.

They have quite the following especially with the coupes (Type IIs are the ones to own from what I've read) although personally I prefer the sedan any day of the week. The coupes to me just look weird long nose and a short rear deck.

Leave a comment:

• AccordWarrior
    replied
    I LOVE those Acura wheels.

There's a sad 2G Legend at a local body shop full of bondo and primer with awful, awful chrome wheels on it that hasn't moved in years.

I get the urge to offer them $1,000 for it sprayed in a single color and repair everything wrong with it.

Leave a comment:

• HenRoc
    replied
    While on vacation in Michigan I came across a for sale ad on FB about a guy getting rid of 2 OEM car covers..one of which was in good shape and the other had a couple of holes in it. Luckily for me the original owner ended up selling me the one in better shape for a steal at $64

For the 5 lug conversion, this time I wanted something in a smaller size.

Don't get me wrong I loved the Si wheels but the main issue I always had was the fact that due to the offset, the spokes would rest against the caliper so I would have to run an 8 mm wheel spacer up front with extended studs and considering that would be a bit much for now I figured I'd try these instead.

Picked up a set of Legend GS wheels for $100 from a guy just outside of Boston. Coincidentally in talking to this guy he was part of Acura Legend Forum and through him I learned that Legend enthusiasts were just as hardcore as the Accord community when it came to parts.

I purchased nearly everything related to the interior of Legend and doubled my money back on most of the parts. There's a guy in Florida who restores and stock piles parts for these cars and these have a pretty good following as well just as much as us 4th gen guys.

But that's all I have for an update for now. Everything has been a bit slow going and I still havent finished gathering part for my 5 lug i.e brake pads, rotors and tires.

Leave a comment:

• HenRoc
    replied
    Also over the winter, a friend of mine sent me a link to a for sale ad for a 1992 Accord EX sedan and I did a double take because I saw the guy had a full set of OEM window visors, I sent him a message about the car and originally he wanted $200 for the whole car..conidering it needed work and I wasn't really interested in the whole car I offered him $100 for the door visors and picked them up the next day.

Now I have this set and then a front half of another set that I've held on to since last summer just sitting the basement.

Leave a comment:

• HenRoc
    replied
    One thing I like about Koni? Lifetime warranty.

My old set had definitely seen better days after nearly 8 years of daily driving on two different cars. I nearly sold my old set for $200 because I didn't think the warranty would go through and I just lost interest in lowering the wagon due to the issues of 'booty' sag and finding a set of linear springs to offset it.

Luckily for me the guy who was supposed to buy them flaked. So I ended up filling out the necessary paper work with my information including the original P.O from 2011 and my registration for proof of ownership.

Less than 2 weeks later boom

I got a new set! I felt foolish for doubting it but Im glad I didnt just get rid of these.

As of right now they are still sitting until I complete the gathering of the other suspension compenents:

- Camber arms
    - Spacers
    - Helper springs
    - Ground Control Coilovers

Anthony a.k.a Apalileo was very helpful in his PMs about certain questions I had regarding a good setup. I even hit up some people on NWP4Life to see what they reccomended with this setup and they all voted for the GC Coilovers.

I plan on doing it right as I was also told that a linear spring rate was better suited for the wagon considering the rear end would eventually wear out the progressive spring rates of Neuspeed or Eibachs even though I had picked up a set of machined spacers designed specifically for the Koni yellows.

Leave a comment:

• HenRoc
    replied
    Originally posted by fleetw00d View Post
    Good score on the wagon quarters. should have taken the rear bumper off the before cutting it. I could have used the header where the hatch mounts, mine is rusting badly.
    I actually had them cut that piece out as well. There's another Pewter Grey wagon at the same yard I frequent. I can see what the condition of that piece is as mine was also starting to rust. I'll be in touch with you about that center piece if you really want it.

Originally posted by Straight Success View Post
    Nice buy.
    Thanks man! I hope you're doing well out there in California.

Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post
    Seeing the rear end of the wagon separated like that is cool. You could make a little trailer out of it! I actually want to find a junked VW pickup to do that with, as a bit of a jab at how the American pickup guys will make a trailer out of a rival truck's bed.
    The idea came to mind but eh I wish I had the skills to be able to fabricate something like that otherwise I'd be all over it. I've seen it done to a Civic Wagon and I thought it was pretty neat.

Leave a comment:

• CyborgGT
    replied
    Seeing the rear end of the wagon separated like that is cool. You could make a little trailer out of it! I actually want to find a junked VW pickup to do that with, as a bit of a jab at how the American pickup guys will make a trailer out of a rival truck's bed.

Leave a comment:

• Straight Success
    replied
    Nice buy.

Leave a comment:

• Fleetw00d
    replied
    Good score on the wagon quarters. should have taken the rear bumper off the before cutting it. I could have used the header where the hatch mounts, mine is rusting badly.

Leave a comment:

• HenRoc
    replied

Back in Jan I pulled these out of storage as I had finally gotten a set of Si wheels for free from a friend of mine ( I think 2 of them were bent..not noticable unless you rode with tires on them)

So the following month I had a local poweder coater re-finish them in gloss black:

Mocked up:

Leave a comment:

• HenRoc
    replied
    Other things that took a backseat were the 5 lug conversion. When I picked up the car last year I literally sold almost my entire setup minus NSX calipers because I had no intention of ever 5 lugging it.

Well...a free set of Si wheels kicked that into gear so. I got a set of free '99 Acura CL 2.3 rear spindles.

Before:

After:

Only to find out the 2.3 spindles are the same as a wagons so the Prelude hubs I have won't fit due to the smaller diameter.

I finally finished the interior swap minus the front seats, I wanted to swap it a set of black cloth RSX seats but from talking to Apalileo it seems that the RSX seats sit a tad higher than the stock CB seats so I figured I would pass on that snag a match set of front seats and just call it a day.

Also I found out that the 1990 to 1991 Type B interiors differ a lot from the 92 - 93 as they have a darker color and a bit of a pattern to them vs the later years where the colors are lighter.
    Last edited by HenRoc; 07-13-2020, 09:40 AM.

Leave a comment:

• HenRoc
    replied
    Bit of an update.

Man I've been so busy lately I haven't had the time to update my MR.

I picked up a new daily:

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca with 183k for $800. Took it to a shop down the street from my place and they literally went through the whole thing for me:

Only things wrong with it are:

- Oil cooler gasket leaks
    - Needs a right front axle
    - Brake pads up front
    - Rear rotors
    - Valve cover gasket
    - Timing cover gasket but it uses RTV and there's 59 bolts that hold the cover on up front so that's definitely getting outsourced.

My girlfriends brother was going to donate it but offered me the car instead. Can't beat it for what I got it for.

And today I picked up a set of clean quarter panels from another wagon which is a rarity up here in New England. I had been picking away at this parts wagon for awhile for it's interior parts and then last week when I saw it they had marked at X on it and my friend GraniteCB7 literally told me to snag those before it was too late. Well $300 later I picked up both sides.

At first they wanted to give me the whole rear end. But I had no way to transport them inside a 10 foot box truck.

So then I had them cut it in half so I could store them away until the car was ready for the bodyshop.

And right into the storage unit they went:

Last edited by HenRoc; 07-13-2020, 09:41 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X