• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prez808
    replied
    Originally posted by hiptech View Post
    Thanks...

I checked into insuring it as a collector car but Hagerty and others don't have CB7s in their database so they can't assign a value yet. At some point I'll need to have it appraised.

Thanks that's way cool... who is the other?
    I am not sure if you need to insure it as a collector's car. A friend of mine daily drives his 1983 BMW 5 series. Nothing special about it over all. In fact that is one of his newest cars. Since my insurance agent has pretty much implied that if my car ever gets anything bigger than a small ding it would get totaled; I asked my friend what he does for insurance. He told me what he does with all of his cars is to get them appraised and pays his insurance that way. Both him and I have Safeco.

Original owner? Are we talking SE's only? If not, I am also an original owner. Since August 10, 1992.

Leave a comment:

• BreckAConner
    replied
    Originally posted by Rilas View Post
    I wish I had paid more attention and gotten to see these when they were new and immaculate. I was too young to really care about any cars though, the age that I was. Yours is going to be the closest we (forum family) see to what Honda really had in store for the top of the line 4th Gen Honda Accord.

Absolutely beautiful. I can't wait until I finally get my car repainted and all the small blemishes removed. The lines are so gorgeous.
    It looks like it came off a showroom floor. I would trade all my Hondas so I could have one like that! IT EVEN HAS THE FOGS!!!

Leave a comment:

• Rilas
    replied
    I wish I had paid more attention and gotten to see these when they were new and immaculate. I was too young to really care about any cars though, the age that I was. Yours is going to be the closest we (forum family) see to what Honda really had in store for the top of the line 4th Gen Honda Accord.

Absolutely beautiful. I can't wait until I finally get my car repainted and all the small blemishes removed. The lines are so gorgeous.

Leave a comment:

• BreckAConner
    replied
    Flawless....

Leave a comment:

• hiptech
    replied
    Originally posted by Prez808 View Post
    Perfection! Do you have a master list for all of the led bulbs you used?

Also, how is your car insured? Have you had it appraised?
    Thanks...

I checked into insuring it as a collector car but Hagerty and others don't have CB7s in their database so they can't assign a value yet. At some point I'll need to have it appraised. When the car reaches its 25th anniversary date of purchase I'll get back with them. Arizona has pretty much said the same to qualify for historic plates. So I'll need to wait it out till September.

As for the LEDs I'd recommend VLEDS.com they have a database setup on their home page that provides one or more compatible LED for just about every bulb you need...

Originally posted by HenRoc View Post

I hope you keep that in your family for awhile. Pretty cool to see another original owner on here ( I think you're the second one overall actually).
    Thanks that's way cool... who is the other?

Leave a comment:

• HenRoc
    replied
    Originally posted by hiptech View Post

3. Lastly Vintage Parts (https://www.vpartsinc.com/) is where dealers and car makers sell off many old parts they don't want or have the space to inventory. You need to call them as their search engine isn't always thorough.

I actually used to work for a local Honda dealer in NH and I would browse vintage (dealer has access unforunately not the customer) inventory. I found that they had 5 quarter panels for a wagon in their system.

Same dealership I worked at recently just sold NOS 96-99 Civic quarter panels for a coupe.

I hope you keep that in your family for awhile. Pretty cool to see another original owner on here ( I think you're the second one overall actually).

Leave a comment:

• Prez808
    replied
    Perfection! Do you have a master list for all of the led bulbs you used?

Also, how is your car insured? Have you had it appraised?

Leave a comment:

• Grumpys93
    replied
    Just an amazing looking CB you got there. I’m right there with you, I would be afraid to drive it and something happen.

Leave a comment:

• hiptech
    replied
    Thanks SEgirl & Raf...

A friend of mine thinks I should do a funny video like the one that went viral for the couple who sold their '96 Accord and got CarMax to offer them $20K.

But somehow I'm not sure that is the way I want to go... not that I'm thinking of selling it just yet. In fact since it's become a "garage queen" and is hardly driven it feels special whenever I do.

LOL as fleetw00d put it I've become a little paranoid and almost afraid to drive it myself...

Leave a comment:

• Raf99
    replied
    Nice!!

Leave a comment:

• SEgirl
    replied
    Absolutely amazing!!

Leave a comment:

• hiptech
    replied
    Thanks for the compliments...

Originally posted by wtfisafleek View Post
    Has it been in Phoenix its whole life? Ya gotta love not having rust.
    Yes bought it new here in September 1993. Rust... what's that?

Originally posted by HenRoc View Post
    Wow this car is absolutely amazing and very well kept. Sadly I found an SE at a local yard recently with 174k. Had 2 out of the 4 original floor mats and the Bose system was intact.

My assumption is that rust became a factor in it's demise. I ended up pulling the dashboard minus the airbag for my own use.

In your post you mentioned you got NOS parts, how do you obtain NOS if a lot of the parts are discontinued?
    The 3 best sources for NOS parts are:
    1. Honda dealers who may have some remaining stock of old parts. It's best if you can make friends with a local Honda dealer parts CSR and request he do a search of dealer inventory nationwide.

2. eBay still has dealers who put up NOS parts like mirrors, center caps and more. Both dealer searches and eBay can be hit or miss so you have to be persistent and check back from time to time.

3. Lastly Vintage Parts (https://www.vpartsinc.com/) is where dealers and car makers sell off many old parts they don't want or have the space to inventory. You need to call them as their search engine isn't always thorough.
    Last edited by hiptech; 12-26-2017, 12:50 AM.

Leave a comment:

• HenRoc
    replied
    Wow this car is absolutely amazing and very well kept. Sadly I found an SE at a local yard recently with 174k. Had 2 out of the 4 original floor mats and the Bose system was intact.

My assumption is that rust became a factor in it's demise. I ended up pulling the dashboard minus the airbag for my own use.

In your post you mentioned you got NOS parts, how do you obtain NOS if a lot of the parts are discontinued?

Leave a comment:

• wtfisafleek
    replied
    Has it been in Phoenix its whole life? Ya gotta love not having rust.

Leave a comment:

• Fleetw00d
    replied
    All I can say is WOW! I think I'd be afraid to drive it.
    Last edited by Fleetw00d; 05-21-2018, 04:57 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X