Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

wagon.spec : 1991 Accord EX-R

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #46
    I’ve gotten the car down to 2635 with driver. I did a lot of cutting the doors up. Also improved my personal best at VIR from a 2:16 something down to a 2:12.9 this season. It was an abbreviated season but hopefully next year we can keep up the momentum.

    looks like I’m shooting to run at Daytona twice next year in the wagon, definitely going to be epic. I need to make some changes to tire diameter or fifth gear or the final drive or something, otherwise I’ll be on limiter far too much.
    IG: H2wagon
    https://www.youtube.com/user/SOHCwagon
    Sorry to disappoint but it's not an SOHC any longer.

    Comment


      #47
      The most serious wagon on the forum .... sh!t, prolly the planet!
      G'luck in Daytona!




      My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

      Comment


        #48
        Originally posted by PakaloloHonda View Post
        The most serious wagon on the forum .... sh!t, prolly the planet!
        G'luck in Daytona!
        Thanks, buddy. I'm hoping to find a little more weight this winter so I can throw a cool shirt system in the car without going way over weight. I plan to get Kingpin Machine to make sphericals for most of the front end, as I only have sphericals on the radius rods at the moment. It is unfortunately a bit of trial and error though, as I don't have the proper datalogging equipment yet to acquire the data I want... That and this isn't exactly the most popular race car platform in existence lol. The civic and teg guys have it much easier than us. I still need to upload my video from Oktoberfasts Saturday race also.

        Side note: I am looking at that beautiful wagon in your signature and it really makes me want to fix the rot in my quarter panels. My car is one that was originally sold in Canada, and has a botched bondo job on one quarter panel. The rust is pretty bad and I want to address it, but I am a physics/mechanics guy, body work is not my forte.
        IG: H2wagon
        https://www.youtube.com/user/SOHCwagon
        Sorry to disappoint but it's not an SOHC any longer.

        Comment


          #49
          I love this! Just finished watching a video of you at VIR. that is on my bucket list to drive one day! Drove out To Road Atlanta this year That was insane. Hopefully next year I can spend more time on the east. Y'all have some badass track out there.

          Comment


            #50
            Originally posted by wagon.spec View Post



            Side note: I am looking at that beautiful wagon in your signature and it really makes me want to fix the rot in my quarter panels. My car is one that was originally sold in Canada, and has a botched bondo job on one quarter panel. The rust is pretty bad and I want to address it, but I am a physics/mechanics guy, body work is not my forte.
            Yes, so glad I found it as clean as I did. No rust anywhere, and she was an Oregon wagon ....
            I guess the CB9 didn't rust in the quarters because unlike the CB7, there's no where for it to start ... no drip line system.
            I did have a fair amount of door dings and small stuff. Glad that I can be of inspiration, lol!




            My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

            Comment


              #51
              Originally posted by itstatcb7kid707 View Post
              Hopefully next year I can spend more time on the east. Y'all have some badass track out there.
              thanks man! We will be out at Daytona for championships in September and Hyperfest at vir in October if you can make it to either of those, you won’t regret it!
              IG: H2wagon
              https://www.youtube.com/user/SOHCwagon
              Sorry to disappoint but it's not an SOHC any longer.

              Comment


                #52
                Race Starts at 14:40
                 
                Last edited by wagon.spec; 05-17-2021, 02:02 PM.
                IG: H2wagon
                https://www.youtube.com/user/SOHCwagon
                Sorry to disappoint but it's not an SOHC any longer.

                Comment


                  #53
                  Good race!!! There were a couple of dicey moments where you managed to stay in control.
                  http://www.hondanews.com/releases/19...d-introduction

                  Comment


                    #54
                    Originally posted by SSMAccord View Post
                    Good race!!! There were a couple of dicey moments where you managed to stay in control.
                    Thanks man. That 944 did not see me coming or I would have been able to squeeze by him. I'll go through the grass to the left in the future haha. What you cant see in that video is all the battling I was doing with the integra. I am trying to get his video to combine the two, it should make for some wicked content. I will certainly post it here when I finish it.
                    IG: H2wagon
                    https://www.youtube.com/user/SOHCwagon
                    Sorry to disappoint but it's not an SOHC any longer.

                    Comment


                      #55
                      https://www.facebook.com/hunter.m.hu...0063432294113/
                      IG: H2wagon
                      https://www.youtube.com/user/SOHCwagon
                      Sorry to disappoint but it's not an SOHC any longer.

                      Comment


                        #56
                        That was an awesome start! Should of went around that civic !

                        Comment


                          #57
                          Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
                          That was an awesome start! Should of went around that civic !
                          Thanks! The integra behind me already got a bumper on me. I know better next time hes behind me to get over early!


                          Here is the saturday race. Long story short.... We fucked up the start




                          https://youtu.be/HnD9Swa_fgg
                          Last edited by wagon.spec; 06-30-2021, 05:11 PM.
                          IG: H2wagon
                          https://www.youtube.com/user/SOHCwagon
                          Sorry to disappoint but it's not an SOHC any longer.

                          Comment


                            #58
                            Excellent track video. I somehow came across the IG story from the BMWs perspective and got to see the fueling issue twice. Lol. I hope it wasn’t anything too serious that needed to be fixed.
                            http://www.hondanews.com/releases/19...d-introduction

                            Comment


                              #59
                              So was that a fuel issue the last 45 seconds or so? There was a crazy amount of miatas out there. Awesome video thanks for sharing. I always wondered what people thought when they get pulled on and passed by a wagon.
                              ~Nick~
                              FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                              MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

                              Comment


                                #60

                                Originally posted by SSMAccord View Post
                                Excellent track video. I somehow came across the IG story from the BMWs perspective and got to see the fueling issue twice. Lol. I hope it wasn’t anything too serious that needed to be fixed.
                                Thanks man! That's pretty wild though. I'm not 100% certain on what it is yet but I'm going to move the exhaust away from it, add some heat shields, and run a holley hydramat to allow me to run with less fuel in it.









                                Originally posted by Grumpys93 View Post
                                So was that a fuel issue the last 45 seconds or so? There was a crazy amount of miatas out there. Awesome video thanks for sharing. I always wondered what people thought when they get pulled on and passed by a wagon.
                                Yeah, the long right hand turns are sloshing the fuel to the left and followed by the vent valve not being able to keep up with the heat from the exhaust, I am actually loosing fuel out of the vent, which is mounted at the highest possible point to try to prevent this. Thank you though, I will keep posting these here. I think spec miata had the biggest group at 17 in class or so, followed by honda challenge with 14!


                                Here is Sunday Mornings race
                                IG: H2wagon
                                https://www.youtube.com/user/SOHCwagon
                                Sorry to disappoint but it's not an SOHC any longer.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X