• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wagon.spec
    replied
    New race from Summit Point, WV

https://youtu.be/QqjjMZzblwk
    Last edited by wagon.spec; 05-03-2023, 07:47 PM.

Leave a comment:

• wagon.spec
    replied
    Originally posted by Mike1357 View Post
    I've been wanting to get a set of those Fortune coils for my car for ages now. I've heard nothing but great things about them from the few people that have them. And I actually have a few trackside photos and videos of Karl from that day I saw him at Road Atlanta. I'll try looking up his in car video, thanks for mentioning it.
    So, I am going to try to give you the most honest response possible based on my experience. I purchased the 500s originally. I went with 16k front 10k rear if memory serves. I felt that the shock adjustments on the coilovers were, overall, effective(strictly road course/dabbled in wheel to wheel on road course.)
    The Fortune500s only allow a +/-2Kg/mm spring change without needing a revalve.

I can't speak for everyone, but I believe this is the case for every customer. The cost of upgrading from the 500s to the 510s was the same as having the 500s revalved for new spring rates. Especially for my use in a Honda Challenge race car, that seemed like an obvious move. The Fortune 510s offer a +/-8Kg/mm spring rate change before they require revalving.

I went to the 510 upgrade at that point. They had to valve them custom because there weren't any other Fortune510s for the CB chassis in existence. I had them do 20k/16k. I wasn't super happy with that and changed the rear springs to 10k. My car, as it is set up weight and tire wise, was not ideal on that. Especially once I started doing the spring rate math at the wheel vs at the tire. I switched to 10k and given the 510s broad range, I was able to do so without a revalving, which was nice.

I am not sure where to go next. I am not sure whether or not to pay Anze to custom make me some Penskes, or pay Fortune Auto to upgrade my 510s to 2-way adjustables. I have been thinking about this next move for a while, and still haven't been able to come to a decision.

We also have a guy or two that is regularly finishing top 5 or so in our region that has an EM1 on 510s. I am generally seeing the 4th-7th place area on mine, but the shock is not the only problem. I could get a good bit faster by making some shock adjustments I think. I am still learning. However, I will say, the modular ability to upgrade the fortunes step by step has been perfect for my budget to this point.

If you have any questions about anything that I haven't answered, Mike1357 or otherwise, feel free to ask.

Leave a comment:

• Mike1357
    replied
    I've been wanting to get a set of those Fortune coils for my car for ages now. I've heard nothing but great things about them from the few people that have them. And I actually have a few trackside photos and videos of Karl from that day I saw him at Road Atlanta. I'll try looking up his in car video, thanks for mentioning it.

Leave a comment:

• wagon.spec
    replied
    **Accidental double post**
    Last edited by wagon.spec; 11-01-2021, 10:16 PM.

Leave a comment:

• wagon.spec
    replied
    Thanks guys. But specifically I hit a guard rail. I don’t remember the accident so I’m not 100% sure what happened to cause it.

but they had to drain one of my lungs and I spent a few days unconscious in an ICU. I can’t keep riding after that. No matter how much I want to, I can’t put my parents and my friends through that again. Plus the permanent damage I have is way less than it should have been with the severity of my injuries, I’m not going to roll the dice again.

I’m going from august to March before I’m able to walk again, and I’m going crazy by not being able to work on stuff at all now. I’m one of those guys that can’t sit still for long without doing something productive so being stuck on the couch for months is driving me crazy.

Leave a comment:

• Size9zombie
    replied
    You came away alive, that's the main thing. I've had a couple bad bike wrecks myself, it's no fun. My '09 Yamaha V-Star 1100 custom was the only new vehicle of any kind I have ever bought, and thanks to a hit and run on the highway, it was totaled about 2 weeks after I got it. I got really lucky and didn't get hurt except for losing my handprints for a while and some road rash, but the bike looked like a crumpled beer can. With a bike, it's not a question of if you go down, it's when and how bad. Hope you have a speedy recovery, you gonna keep riding? I know I for one, will never give it up.

Leave a comment:

• Straight Success
    replied
    Originally posted by wagon.spec View Post
    Thanks very much man. 2022 season will be much better for me with some changes I have coming over the winter. Unfortunately I likely won't be posting anything until March because I just got badly hurt on my motorcycle and will be in a wheelchair for a bit.
    Whoa. Wait. What had happened?

I'm glad to see you're still with us. Motorcycles are...

Leave a comment:

• Raf99
    replied
    Well dam. Get well soon man. Wish you the best of luck there.

Leave a comment:

• wagon.spec
    replied
    Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
    Ya.. are you walking? All good?
    No, sir. Not right now. I broke both my feet. I won't be rid of this cast on my left foot until 2022. But I will walk again. Brain Trauma is healing pretty decent.

Leave a comment:

• Raf99
    replied
    Ya.. are you walking? All good?

Leave a comment:

• Drucifer_88
    replied
    Thanks very much man. 2022 season will be much better for me with some changes I have coming over the winter. Unfortunately I likely won't be posting anything until March because I just got badly hurt on my motorcycle and will be in a wheelchair for a bit.
    when you need help just say the word. you know im always around to help and im right across the water. we'll get everything together, just focus on your health and recovery and we'll handle everything else accordingly.
    -drew-

Leave a comment:

• wagon.spec
    replied
    Thanks for all the support guys, can't wait to go back to my track stuff, hell I even miss work at this point haha.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	RockOnRacingpic.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	37.8 KB
ID:	4980700

But here is how crashing a motorcycle can look, this was me 5 weeks ago...

Click image for larger version

Name:	dying in hospital.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	39.8 KB
ID:	4980701
    Be safe guys!

@Grumpy

I actually don't remember anything from the first 2 weeks in the hospital except for one dream I had. I remember my best friend from 4 years ago telling me that he would help me fix and sell my bike. He died 4 years ago on his bike. So I definitely know how ya feel.

Leave a comment:

• SSMAccord
    replied
    Here’s to a speedy and full recovery. I’m glad that you are ok-ish.

Leave a comment:

• CyborgGT
    replied
    I've been tempted to get into riding myself (my dad's had a bike most of my life, he gave me rides when I was little, and I love watching Moto GP), but I can't bring myself to trust those speeds to two wheels... or the idiots that make up traffic. My mom once told me that my dad was thrown from his bike when I was too young to remember, but he still rides to this day and they're retiring this year. Best of luck man, I hope there's no permanent damage.
    Last edited by CyborgGT; 09-16-2021, 03:30 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Grumpys93
    replied
    Praying for a speedy recovery! I use to ride until I lost 2 friends in motorcycle accidents. I miss it but I like having a steel cage around me.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X