X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wagon.spec
    replied
    Update: BIG WANG

Nine lives racing big wang is now mounted. Looking to run closer to the front this season! Also I have cut another 50-60lbs out of the car thanks to some advice from KarlK on the doors.
    I am trying to post a picture of it but apparently I suck at life....
    Last edited by wagon.spec; 06-11-2020, 06:03 AM.

Leave a comment:

• wagon.spec
    replied
    Originally posted by af_1132 View Post
    Yes, that was a good battle, you were faster than him if you both were in isolation, but it really shows how racing behind someone faster than you can improve your line. That was happening to you when the Bimmers past you.

A lot of people were going two off and four off in front of you, but I only saw the white integra that had a field day in the grass get called in. Do they call in two wheel off cars as well for a chat?
    I let the beamers go so as not to ruin their class race. But since this was a race group they don't really black flag anyone unless you've really made an ass of yourself. I'm shooting for August to have the car back out there. Hopefully fixing some of my issues and dropping a second or so off my lap time. I ran a 2:17 during the race which was a personal best for me. But the fastest in Honda Challenge 2 are running 2:11s/2:12s so I need to find some more speed haha.

Leave a comment:

• af_1132
    replied
    Yes, that was a good battle, you were faster than him if you both were in isolation, but it really shows how racing behind someone faster than you can improve your line. That was happening to you when the Bimmers past you.

A lot of people were going two off and four off in front of you, but I only saw the white integra that had a field day in the grass get called in. Do they call in two wheel off cars as well for a chat?

Leave a comment:

• wagon.spec
    replied
    Originally posted by af_1132 View Post
    Man, what were those German cars doing in the Honda Challege?

Dude, things were going so well, and then...snap

You weren't able to engage any gear after that? It's weird, I guess I would be able to know more if I was driving at the time. Have you taken the trans apart and looked at the input shaft?
    Ah the axle popped out on the passenger side. My fault for not having my race axles rebuilt yet. But I still had a blast, especially battling with the blue b16 civic.

Leave a comment:

• af_1132
    replied
    Man, what were those German cars doing in the Honda Challege?

Dude, things were going so well, and then...snap

You weren't able to engage any gear after that? It's weird, I guess I would be able to know more if I was driving at the time. Have you taken the trans apart and looked at the input shaft?

Leave a comment:

• wagon.spec
    replied
    https://www.youtube.com/embed/Ke7Wvof_8lI?start=11https://www.youtube.com/embed/Ke7Wvof_8lI?start=11

Leave a comment:

• wagon.spec
    replied
    Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post
    And then there are anti-reversion steps/chambers to consider. Is a well-designed one supposed to completely stop the pulse from reaching the valve, or just weaken it?
    The pulses will at a certain point, bounce off the exhaust valve as it opens and actually draw out exhaust gas faster than it otherwise would exit. The pulses help. And any time the pipe diameter changes, such as when two pipes converge, it sends a pulse back.

Leave a comment:

• wagon.spec
    replied
    Originally posted by SSMAccord View Post
    That is an entertaining track video. Are you running a baffled oil pan?

I worry about oil starvation and oil pressure drops during track driving at HDPEs. I have contemplated adding an accusump unit or having a baffle welded into my oil pan to mitigate the potential occurrence. But both of those might be overkill.
    I do have a baffled oil pan. A moroso, you can see it in my pictures of the header. It's very much not straight as I had a bad off a year or two ago and I had to hammer and weld it back together. But an accusump is certainly on the to-do list!

And she holds her own pretty well. right around 200whp and without driver the car weighs in at around 2560lbs.

@toycar
    Yes, sir. I have no excuse for failing to do all the math myself, but I got such a steal on the header and my tuner is like 15 minutes from my house so I'll be posting a dyno graph for both headers soon. It should be pretty applicable to many with H22s as my engine is completely stock minus the balance shaft delete and s2000 throttle body. The prototype is supposed to be going into production in the next couple of months. also, thank you. I've had the wagon since 2011 so it's been a work in progress for quite some time!

I appreciate all the love. It's the most fun car I have ever driven by far. And a side effect is that it is quite the conversation starter at the track haha.
    Last edited by wagon.spec; 02-26-2019, 10:44 PM.

Leave a comment:

• CyborgGT
    replied
    And then there are anti-reversion steps/chambers to consider. Is a well-designed one supposed to completely stop the pulse from reaching the valve, or just weaken it?

Leave a comment:

• toycar
    replied
    Originally posted by wagon.spec View Post

And ideally for road racing in a class where I have a hp limit, the 4-2-1 should yield weaker but broader pulses back to the exhaust valve giving me slightly less peak but a broader powerband. I will certainly update when I get the car back on the dyno to see if it works out that way or not.
    Depends on runner length and volumetric capacity of the runner and the merge too.

Not just 4-2-1 = broader powerband. I guess what I’m saying is the science behind the design is a lot more elaborate and to actually squeeze out a wider powerband the pulses need to hit the valve at the right time, which relies specifically on the pressure in the runner, which is directly related to the length of the distance the pulse has to travel as well as the volumetric capacity of the runner and the size of the collector

Nice setup btw.

Leave a comment:

• Straight Success
    replied
    How did it stack up at the track against the Ponies and other machines?

Leave a comment:

• SSMAccord
    replied
    That is an entertaining track video. Are you running a baffled oil pan?

I worry about oil starvation and oil pressure drops during track driving at HDPEs. I have contemplated adding an accusump unit or having a baffle welded into my oil pan to mitigate the potential occurrence. But both of those might be overkill.

Leave a comment:

• wagon.spec
    replied
    Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post
    What's with the jumpiness in your speedometer? I would have guessed maybe wheel spin, but it's happening even on the straights.

And how are you liking that header design compared to the Bisi rep? Notice any change in power band? This prototype looks exactly like the PLM tri-Y I picked up for mine after seeing that PLM changed the design a bit in their Bisi rep in a really bad way.
    I believe the speed sensor plug failed and the connection is coming and going, messing up the pulse wave for the cluster. But the 1320Performance Prototype fits so much better than my PLM ramhorn did. I haven't compared them on the dyno yet but thats coming very soon.

And ideally for road racing in a class where I have a hp limit, the 4-2-1 should yield weaker but broader pulses back to the exhaust valve giving me slightly less peak but a broader powerband. I will certainly update when I get the car back on the dyno to see if it works out that way or not.

Leave a comment:

• CyborgGT
    replied
    What's with the jumpiness in your speedometer? I would have guessed maybe wheel spin, but it's happening even on the straights.

And how are you liking that header design compared to the Bisi rep? Notice any change in power band? This prototype looks exactly like the PLM tri-Y I picked up for mine after seeing that PLM changed the design a bit in their Bisi rep in a really bad way.
    Last edited by CyborgGT; 02-24-2019, 04:22 PM.

Leave a comment:

• wagon.spec
    replied
    Some footage from Summit Point

The car was just put back together before this event. This is my first event driving on the Fortune Auto 500s, first event running the Mfactory helical racepack differential, and first event on toyo RRs for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73mu1GRSukE&t=240s
    Last edited by wagon.spec; 02-24-2019, 02:14 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X