X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• af_1132
    replied
    Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post
    Why do you not take me seriously? Are you afraid of this thing lapping you at Laguna Seca? I'm telling you, I've since put a front splitter on to dial out the tiny bit of understeer and now the handling defies physics.
    You funny

I think a Reliant Robin would lap that thing, if they both didn't fall over on turn 2, 3, 4, 8, 8a, 9, or 11.

Leave a comment:

• CyborgGT
    replied
    Originally posted by koslauj View Post
    I've been good. The accord went to my little brother, he blew the motor, i replaced it with a H22A4, he blew it again, and I just got done today replacing it with a 3rd H22 engine. Arghh, family headaches. Spent the last few years modifying the 370z I purchased in 2015. Went with the SOHO A2A Supercharger kit, made 527whp on 91 and 612 on e85. Damn thing barely hooks up! I'm back in ownership of the accord again so i'll probably do some minor aesthetic modifications to the look, no crazy power. Glad you're still wrenching away with the accord! I'll make a weekend to catch up with you and see your progress.
    Yeah, I remember you were planning on turbocharging the Z. That power must be nuts! Once my car's running, I'll be taking it to shows/meets for sure.

Leave a comment:

• koslauj
    replied

Damn dude, it's been a while. How've you been?

Yeah, this CB I'm definitely not ever getting rid of. I still miss the sedan.
    I've been good. The accord went to my little brother, he blew the motor, i replaced it with a H22A4, he blew it again, and I just got done today replacing it with a 3rd H22 engine. Arghh, family headaches. Spent the last few years modifying the 370z I purchased in 2015. Went with the SOHO A2A Supercharger kit, made 527whp on 91 and 612 on e85. Damn thing barely hooks up! I'm back in ownership of the accord again so i'll probably do some minor aesthetic modifications to the look, no crazy power. Glad you're still wrenching away with the accord! I'll make a weekend to catch up with you and see your progress.

Leave a comment:

• Raf99
    replied
    Alright, I'm out. Wagon's sold, H's sold. I found a new love. It's got room for two, if anyone wants to join me on an adventure.

Someone close this thread, please. kthxbye

lol...... reminds me of this.

Love the engine man!

Leave a comment:

• CyborgGT
    replied
    But for real... delays, delays. I've been making small progress, only to find a part that I'm missing, and that's kept repeating. I went to degree the cams last night around midnight, but then the site I was using for instruction (here) suddenly shut down for "scheduled maintenance". I just went home and went to sleep.

Leave a comment:

• CyborgGT
    replied
    Why do you not take me seriously? Are you afraid of this thing lapping you at Laguna Seca? I'm telling you, I've since put a front splitter on to dial out the tiny bit of understeer and now the handling defies physics.

Leave a comment:

• af_1132
    replied
    Haha, you keed, you keed....

...wait, you are kidding, right?

Leave a comment:

• CyborgGT
    replied
    Alright, I'm out. Wagon's sold, H's sold. I found a new love. It's got room for two, if anyone wants to join me on an adventure.

Someone close this thread, please. kthxbye

Leave a comment:

• CyborgGT
    replied
    Different shops handled the head and block, so PTV hasn't been measured. I plan on sticking some Play-Dough in there to make sure I'm good once the head's ready to go on (*ED. - I'll also be degreeing the cams; forgot about that kit I picked up), but this isn't an uncommon setup so I'm really not worried.

I ended up damaging the main crank seal in the oil pump Monday and had to order a new one from Majestic. Scheduled to be here tomorrow, along with (finally) the shifter bushings from Cheddas Auto. ESP swap mount also got in a couple days ago.

Originally posted by koslauj View Post
    Glad to see you're still very dedicated. Working on the 3rd SWAP for the accord. Let's just say mine went through many different variations. lol.
    Damn dude, it's been a while. How've you been?

Yeah, this CB I'm definitely not ever getting rid of. I still miss the sedan.
    Last edited by CyborgGT; 08-03-2020, 10:43 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Straight Success
    replied
    What did your PTV clearance come in at?

Just curious. Those are some beefy pistons crowding the combustion chamber something serious.

Leave a comment:

• koslauj
    replied
    Glad to see you're still very dedicated. Working on the 3rd SWAP for the accord. Let's just say mine went through many different variations. lol.

Leave a comment:

• CyborgGT
    replied
    For now, yes, but the compression is only 11.5:1, so it can still offer some very responsive boost if I want later on.

Leave a comment:

• wtfisafleek
    replied
    I'm going to go out on a limb and assume this is an NA build.

Leave a comment:

• CyborgGT
    replied
    Thanks, guys. I wish I had more than just weekends for time to go out to the car. Things are going smoothly, for the most part.

Today was a bit annoying, though. I'm not sure if it was an existing problem, but I just noticed that one of the oil squirters was rubbing on a crank weight. You'll see in the photo that quite a bit of material has been rubbed away, which seems a bit much for the few times I rolled the crank past it. Maybe the metal's just that soft, I don't know. But I busted out the dremel and shaved away at the crank weight until it cleared.

Kidding, of course. The only safe fix I could see was to be extremely careful with pliers and bend it little by little until it cleared, praying I didn't kink or tear the thin metal. I created a new use for left over ARP moly lube, smearing it on the weight after each squirter adjustment until it stopped scraping away. I lost count of how many times the crank came out and was torqued back to its first stage before it finally cleared.

Then finally, at 2am, I got the last of the rods torqued onto the crank - which was easy with the main cap bridge on. This engine's looking too good, I wish I could just set it up in my apartment as decoration...

Should be easy peasy from here...

Leave a comment:

• Straight Success
    replied
    Damn. That thing is looking oh so fresh. I like dat! Keep up the excellent progress.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X