No announcement yet.

CyborgGT : 1993 Accord EX wagon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting color choice... and you didn't like the blue interior why?
    My Collection:
    93SE Sedan (Cashmere Metallic)
    00EXV6 Sedan (Naples Gold)
    04TSX 6-Spd Navi (Premium White Pearl)

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
      That looks nice man. Quite the color mix, won't see that anywhere else haha. Also looks like you could sleep on that floor. A lot of work right there. The foam in the PS res means there's an air leak in the system I believe. There's different ETCG videos etc. on them trying to fix this, some never do and simply get a new pump. Assuming you had to top off the fluid implies there's a leak somewhere? And the wire..hmm not sure. Doubt it's for the japan version which has the 1 power function, and it's not the seatbelt. What's the color of the wires I wonder...
      My interior now matches the color scheme of a bad bruise! Haha. The P/S system's been leaking from under the reservoir since I got it, but I never noticed any foaming (maybe it was just too low on fluid before?). I'll go through the whole system when I swap in the H. The main reason I had to top it off is from when I did the transmission swap and unplugged the VSS; lost a bit of fluid then.

Originally posted by hiptech View Post
      Interesting color choice... and you didn't like the blue interior why?
      The interior is actually red from factory. For one, the original carpet was too heavily stained, and two, it was just way too much red. I wanted something to break it up. Eventually it'll be either dyed black or replaced with a black carpet, but I figured this blue one I found in the junkyard was clean enough and dark enough to use for now. I'm definitely not a fan of a full blue interior, but the red's grown on me.
      Last edited by CyborgGT; 01-27-2021, 08:34 PM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Clutch issue solved, manual conversion done and dusted! It was a combination of a couple things: the bushing above (turns out my newer pedal arm did have one, it was just worn thin), and the pin it goes around, which was still from the bad pedal arm, being worn and slightly bent. I didn't notice the pin itself was bad until tonight, but I had a straight spare on hand.

I'm guessing that first bad pedal/pin combo was probably why that particular car was in the junkyard; maybe the owner couldn't figure out why their clutch wouldn't disengage and gave up on the whole car. A bushing gone bad led to constantly pressing too hard on the pedal to compensate, until the hole stretched out enough to mess with the master cylinder's travel.
        Last edited by CyborgGT; 01-31-2021, 01:15 AM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Good work solving that issue. I am surprised that the small confluence of those parts caused that kind of driveability issue. Good to know that kind of stuff for others who might face the issue.

Also, the carpet turned out great!
          http://www.hondanews.com/releases/19...d-introduction

Comment

Thanks! I'm feeling good about the progress made so far.

The power steering issue seems to have worked itself out. Tonight I wiped down everything in that front corner of the bay around the reservoir where it's been leaking since I bought the car, bled the crap out of the system, and drove it around the storage facility a bit. There's still some really light, surface-level foaming, but it's lessened a ton and I'm not seeing any new drips anywhere, so a good bleed must have been all it needed. I don't even remember looking at the fluid level at the time of purchase, so it may have just been overfilled. Once the engine's out and I detail the bay in preparation for the H (... ), I'll be sure to look for any evidence of bad connections, pinholes in hoses, etc.

*ED. - Alright, nevermind, it's still foaming over a bit. There's so much oil residue all over this engine bay, though, including behind the p/s pulley. I'll just go ahead with the H swap, with a new H pump on top of the bay detail/inspection, and see if that stops it. Also, I discovered that my wheels are rubbing on the traction bar radius rods at full lock. So much for getting them powder coated
            Last edited by CyborgGT; 02-02-2021, 02:49 AM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Soo my wheels also hit the ESP traction bar at full lock. I thought I was the only one. Using 17x9 rims on 215/40/17 (+38).
              And the PS foam is an air leak in the system. I found the ETCR vid I was talking about. He had a leaky PS pump on his Honda Oddsey and rebuilt the pump. After the rebuild he gets foam in the fluid (31:26) due to air being introduced into the fluid. But he never did find out how or where the air was being introduced and suspected it was the pump o-ring somewhere / somehow. Even with Honda o-rings, same issue. He thinks is the suction side / the o-ring for the reservoir connector. He bought a new pump and fixed the issue, so the issue was the pump the whole time but he took it apart several times with different o-rings etc. , couldn't solve it. May want to save yourself a headache and just get a new pump, some may disagree with this advice and tell ya to rebuild of course...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArxN8T_6PbI

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
                Soo my wheels also hit the ESP traction bar at full lock. I thought I was the only one. Using 17x9 rims on 215/40/17 (+38).
                And the PS foam is an air leak in the system. I found the ETCR vid I was talking about. He had a leaky PS pump on his Honda Oddsey and rebuilt the pump. After the rebuild he gets foam in the fluid (31:26) due to air being introduced into the fluid. But he never did find out how or where the air was being introduced and suspected it was the pump o-ring somewhere / somehow. Even with Honda o-rings, same issue. He thinks is the suction side / the o-ring for the reservoir connector. He bought a new pump and fixed the issue, so the issue was the pump the whole time but he took it apart several times with different o-rings etc. , couldn't solve it. May want to save yourself a headache and just get a new pump, some may disagree with this advice and tell ya to rebuild of course...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArxN8T_6PbI
                Thanks. I'm going to pick up a new pump this weekend. For the one that came with my H22 from HMO, I haven't been able to find a high pressure line that fits it. I looked up the engine's serial number a while back, and I believe it came out of an Accord SiR wagon, so that car probably just has its own pump. I've got high pressure lines for both the 4th and 5th gen Preludes, though, so I'm hoping one of those pumps will work with my JDM bracket so I don't have to go hunting down one of those, too.

As for the wheel rubbing... I guess that's why the stock radius rods are curved. I doubt any traction bar company does that.
                Last edited by CyborgGT; 02-03-2021, 10:16 PM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

My Innovative traction bar doesn't hit at full wheel lock. I have about 1" between the edge of the radius rod and the crank pulley. I've never hit it though with the current suspension setup.

MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

Originally posted by Rilas View Post
                    My Innovative traction bar doesn't hit at full wheel lock. I have about 1" between the edge of the radius rod and the crank pulley. I've never hit it though with the current suspension setup.
                    On the Innovative, is the radius rod angled off of the LCA mount, then? The photo on Innovative's site is too small to tell, but it looks like one solid, straight piece. I wonder what they did. I was thinking that maybe the subframe end of the ESP rods, since they hinge back at the LCA, just weren't mounted inward enough toward the center, to allow that clearance. Innovative doesn't appear to support ABS, though, so it seems either bar would have to be modified for perfect fitment in my case.
                    Last edited by CyborgGT; 02-04-2021, 07:29 PM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Finally, something. Just ordered an ECU with Hondata. I'd been saving up, but then realized the RSX needs new dry-weather tires.

I went ahead and got the full package from Phearable. Rebuilt ECU, S300 installed, and a Premium base map so I can make sure the engine's running smooth at home. In the event that PFI decide to film the tuning for their channel, I don't want my car being another one of their basket cases that needs a bunch of embarrassing work done before it's ready for the dyno. Especially since I've never missed an episode since they started, and I don't think they've ever had a CB on. Gotta represent!

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Annoyingly, while ATI makes dampers for Hondas, they don't support proper installation of them. I got lucky on timing with a crank adapter that someone on IG made a small run of. Makes zero sense that ATI doesn't offer them, but at least I now have the full tool kit necessary for H and K (and F?) dampers.

Last edited by CyborgGT; 03-29-2021, 07:43 PM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Why a different dampener? ( just curious )

Comment

I assume these are much better at dampening vibrations than the stock pulley. Passenger comfort and engine reliability are priorities this go around. I've decided that even the urethane mounts will be tossed once the bay is painted and I get a factory 5-speed trans bracket welded in; the ESP torque strut will still be there to help with throttle response.
                            Last edited by CyborgGT; 03-30-2021, 01:59 PM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Very nice build thread going on here, I love wagons, maybe one day I'll run across a nice one and buy it. That engine turned out fantastic! You do clean work man.

Under Construction​​​​​​​​

Comment

[QUOTE=CyborgGT;n4977301]I'm really needing a cargo privacy cover, but no luck yet.QUOTE]

https://www.partrequest.com/auto-par...h-224407498068

If you're still looking, here is one I just ran across while looking for some other stuff, maybe a little rough though. Might clean up well?

​​​​​​
                                Last edited by Size9zombie; 04-01-2021, 07:15 AM.

Under Construction​​​​​​​​

Comment

Working...
                                X