No announcement yet.

CyborgGT : 1993 Accord EX wagon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(12:00 mark for those watching). I don't follow them but even recently I learned that by making a turbo car piping shorter you can help the turbo the spool sooner. But their vid makes sense. The engine needs compression as well as space to breath. The reason for intake plenum spacers too. So I wonder what would of happened if they had used individual throttle bodies? guessing they would lose more power. same as having no intake and no exhaust on the car.

Comment

I don't know about peak power, where you're spending most of your time racing, but low end would definitely go to shit with ITBs; I hear they're awful on the street.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

I love G&G. I appreciate the casual experimentation that they undertake on their vehicles.
        http://www.hondanews.com/releases/19...d-introduction

Comment

Bye bye, F22...

Gotta love this master-to-slave line. Bleeding the clutch again is one less thing to worry about when I get the new engine in!

Last time I did an H swap, I left a lot attached to the F22 and it put up a bit of a fight coming out of the bay. This time, I stripped it pretty thoroughly and the removal went super smooth. The only part of this whole job that gave me grief was the passenger side axle not wanting to come out of the transmission. It was tough to pop in as well, when I did the manual conversion.

And it's out. I picked up a little dolly from HF to strap it to so it's easy to move around; I'll probably build a box around it for keeping in storage. My next car is definitely going to be RWD, but one day I would like to get an EG hatch, Del Sol, or CRX, where an F22 would serve nicely.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Looks great!!

Comment

It looks disgusting, haha. But I'm attempting to fix that.

Draining the windshield washer tank, some algae-looking stuff fell out:

So begins the long process of cleaning up this engine bay. As I go along, I'm finding little things I want to replace and am building up yet another cart at Majestic (anyone else ever wonder if they remember seeing your name?). This yellow foam level float, for example, is still available. 68¢ to avoid putting that un-cleanable thing back in my nice 'new' tank. I found some shiny new 10mm bolts in bulk on eBay as well; hopefully my search results were accurate and they're of the right thread.

Everything that's removed from the bay is thoroughly cleaned, bagged, and labeled. Some things, mainly hard lines, were just unbolted from the body so I can move them over a bit and clean underneath them.

It's all starting to look at least 200,000 miles younger! I can't wait to see it all reinstalled in a cleaned bay.

This is as far as I got this weekend. Sadly, keeping all the creature comforts means it's all pretty much going back in. The only space I'll be freeing up is from the emissions box, charcoal canister, and rear engine mount wiring on the firewall. The injector resistor box is another small victory, since the RDX injectors won't need it. The A/C condenser already had a hole in it, so I removed that and the drier to better clean in those areas. I'm debating whether to replace them now or after the car's back on the road. As far as I know, the F22's compressor is good, so that will be put on the H when that engine goes in.

Last edited by CyborgGT; 04-27-2021, 05:30 AM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Ever think of doing a mild wire tuck?

Comment

I want to do a full tuck, but that's for a much later day. Too expensive to do now, for sure. But yes, eventually, the goal is a show-worthy bay without removing cruise, ABS, etc. Building my own complete harness would be pretty cool. I need to learn more about wiring first.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Well if you just do the wires on top of the fenders there's little wire extending and looks great. And super easy to do when the engine is out too, especially up by the wiper motor area.

Comment

Cutting and soldering new length in, though? I'm trying to avoid that, with its potential problems. I did an under-fender tuck on my old sedan and ran into electrical issues a while after. That could have been a simple screw-up on my part that got overlooked in the tuck, but it's just something I want to put real, 'professional' effort into this time around. The H22 will be coming back out to get the bay painted at some point, which will be the perfect time to go over everything in there for appearances. There's a good handful of other little fixes under the hood that need doing, and I'd rather spend time collecting the parts and tools to make it into one big overhaul.

I grew up watching shows like American Hot Rod and Overhualin', and nowadays those like Bitchin' Rides, and those top-to-bottom, nut-and-bolt resto-mods have been huge inspiration. Even after the H is driving, this is only the beginning for this car. Everything will be gone over, in time and in focused chunks.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

I like where this is going. I think it is wise to do the modifications in stages so that you can track down any faults as they occur. I can't wait to see this wagon with an H in its engine bay.
                        http://www.hondanews.com/releases/19...d-introduction

Comment

If I had the means I could see myself doing it all at once. I do really enjoy this careful, detail-oriented kind of work. But as it is I just want to get it driving. Every time I hear a car with a modified exhaust in traffic gets me more excited for this.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

And this just happened to a guy on the RSX forum while on track, making me nervous about mine:

It was a Spoon catalog build, too. Including that insanely rare hood.

Be careful, guys.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Yaaa... my worst fear. I spent a crazy amount of time on fuel related items in the bay. Take care of all leaks. I keep a fire extinguisher in the car too.

Comment

I should probably carry a fire extinguisher in the car as well. Raf, which fire extinguisher do you carry?
                                ~Nick~
                                FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                                MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Working...
                                X