No announcement yet.

CyborgGT : 1993 Accord EX wagon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I third what is said and again I am not a professional. But I have used phearables products, multiple products and John is good at what he does.

I would recommend getting a cheap Microsoft laptop, so that you can watch your motor while driving( well you know look at it at red lights). I now always drive with my laptop hooked up and datalogging, just so I can see how the engine is acting. You don’t need anything fancy, a $200 laptop that runs windows will work perfectly.

Also instead of using vacuum tubing to line your cuts, I recommend this:
    https://www.amazon.com/Edge-Trim-Bla...p+edge&sr=8-17

I used it on my accord to line the holes I cut on the bumper and the charge piping hole. It has a metal inlay that helps keep it secure and is much more durable then the rubber. Just my .02
    ~Nick~
    FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
    MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

I like that edge trim, thanks for that. Everything I've tried has never been flexible enough, so that's why I just used vacuum line. I'll look into the laptop, but that would have to wait. Maybe I could learn tuning one day, though. It'd be nice to be able to adjust things myself if I was out of state at a different elevation or something like that.

Thanks for the confirmation on the base map, guys.
      Last edited by CyborgGT; 06-10-2021, 09:16 AM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Saw this in the inventory at one of the Denver yards. Are these wheels one of the optional 14" alloys, or just off another Honda and more common? I wouldn't want to run them because of the size obviously, but you know, rare parts are worth saving. Car's been in the yard a couple weeks now, so might be worth driving out there to check on them tomorrow...

Accord Aero-R

Comment

I've seen these so many times but can't say. I thought it was the non-V6 1994 honda accords that had these. Pretty ugly if you ask me ...

Comment

I'd have only gotten them if they were the 4th gen optional wheels, just to save rare parts from the crusher. I don't actually care for the design either, haha. I remember seeing photos of the full lineup of 14" alloys somewhere in the forum, but I can't find it now. Anyway, a friend needs help with a trip up to Wyoming, so that yard trip is out. Maybe I'll find something cool up there...

*ED. - Actually, I just thought to re-word my Google search and found this: https://www.wheelstiresandmore.com/H...ariantID=49434

Shows up if I search for 1991 through 1993 "Accord 14" alloy". It doesn't appear when I search for '94. Might have to...
            Last edited by CyborgGT; 06-14-2021, 09:06 AM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Yaaa i'd agree with that. Can't say I've ever seen any of these in Canada though.

Comment

Not a very productive weekend. Two junkyard trips for small parts I need were mostly a bust. Only found one of the two relays I need for the fog lights; otherwise that harness is installed. That bigger relay seems to be a rarely used item, as far as I can tell. Got some other really little things done to the car, none of them noteworthy.

The Vibrant Ultra Quiet resonator wasn't tucking up into the exhaust tunnel as well as I had hoped, so I picked up another bottle style. So I'll have two of these under the car, in addition to the cat and the big muffler at the back. Praying this thing's decently quiet...

Reverse lights are finally wired up as well.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

More wiring. Glove box gauge cluster is now powered up and ready for work. Just have to wait for the exhaust system to be welded up before I can plug in the wideband and EGT sensors, although I did confirm the wideband at least heats up like it's supposed to.

Got these 'add-a-fuse' taps from O'Reilly for my switched ignition sources. The now unused TCU plugs also provided a convenient constant 12V source for one of the EGT wires as well.

I'm not sure I spliced into the right dimmer wire (solid red) for the EGT gauge, though. When I turn the dial to brighten the main gauge cluster, the EGT dims, and vice versa. Haha, oh well, I don't care to see if tapping into one of the others will make it so they're both going in the same direction.

Another junkyard find that I didn't know existed. Two CBs in this one yard had what appeared to be OEM alarm indicators. Again, if any CB would have this, I'm surprised my EX with its keyless entry didn't. Is it just a dummy light to deter would-be thieves? Grabbed it anyway, even though my center stack switch positions are already filled.

Waiting on a bunch of small stuff to come in the mail as well. I placed a fairly large order from Majestic on the 10th, and it has yet to process. I'm starting to worry that half of it might be discontinued...
                  Last edited by CyborgGT; 06-21-2021, 11:49 PM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

It’s funny you mentioned that about majestic. I ordered parts back on the 28th of May. (Bumper bolts and clips). I actually just got off the phone with them and they said lately a lot of parts have been delayed. Some up to a month through shipping issues. He said my parts should hit their warehouse on Wednesday and then ship the parts out to me.
                    Last edited by Grumpys93; 06-22-2021, 06:30 PM.
                    ~Nick~
                    FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13

Comment

Phew. Simple delays are okay by me!

Accord Aero-R

Comment

How long did you debate on that gauge glove box setup? And when do you think you'll change your mind ?

Comment

Lol, you don't like the location? I don't feel that any of those particular gauges are anything I'll need to look at on a daily basis, so I really like it. They're still easily visible from the driver's seat (thanks to the digital numbers) if I want to pop it open and use them for diagnostics. Plus, I'm really not a fan of the pillar pods and dash mounts; they're ugly and draw attention from people (cops/racers) outside the car.

I was messing around with SpeedHut gauges and Photoshop a while back, thinking up ideas for what I want to do with the main cluster. Proper oil and water temp gauges are something I'd want to keep a constant eye on. This isn't a final design, just daydreaming here...

... yellow tach because I love Ferrari, and my ultimate vision for the interior is that of a high-end sports car. Which is part of why the burgundy interior has grown on me, especially after I swapped out the carpet. I've since decided to ditch the SRS system and get a Nardi wheel as well.
                          Last edited by CyborgGT; 06-25-2021, 12:46 AM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Mmm yes I want to drive a Ferrari one day. Even if it’s one of those 1000 dollars for half day kind of thing. Would love to own one, but probably never will.

Sorry my dash mount and pillar pods offend your eyes!

Just kidding, I actually like the look and not everyone drinks from the same tea. I think the glovebox gauge is a cool show car thing, but practicality a little not. What’s your plan for stopping it from bouncing around?
                            ~Nick~

Comment

Bouncing isn't a real concern. Unless the engine's running weird, or for the odd occasion that I just feel like checking in on it, I'm not going to be driving around with the thing open. Maybe it's my naive inexperience thinking for me, but my engine's not as hardcore as your guys' turbo builds. I just feel like with how mild this thing is, it won't be as high-risk or temperamental. I mean... with the glove box open, it's still just right there, it's not like I have to crane my neck and take more than a quick glance to see the gauges. It's no more impractical than checking my far-side mirror.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Lol. I’m not hating, you are utilizing a space that doesn’t have much use. And that is true you have a nice mild build. Honestly I don’t look at my gauges often unless they start to blink at me or when I’m in boost I’ll double check the psi to make sure the wastegate is fully open and I’m not boost spiking. I do like the fact that you can hide them and not draw unwanted attention.
                                ~Nick~

Comment

Working...
                                X