No announcement yet.

CyborgGT : 1993 Accord EX wagon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You might not have posted "completed work" but there is a whole lot of work going on here, and it's looking great.

Under Construction​​​​​​​​

Comment

I also hate those single use plastic screw / retainer thingies. The lip project seems like it is going to turn out quite well. Can’t wait to see it finished.
      http://www.hondanews.com/releases/19...d-introduction

Comment

Hey Cyborg,

Just made an offer on EB to buy a couple of these battery hold down plates (the same P/N as yours) can you confirm the dimensions and fit is the same as the original before I pull the trigger?

Thanks
        My Collection:
        93SE Sedan (Cashmere Metallic)
        00EXV6 Sedan (Naples Gold)
        04TSX 6-Spd Navi (Premium White Pearl)

Comment

Originally posted by hiptech View Post
          Hey Cyborg,

Just made an offer on EB to buy a couple of these battery hold down plates (the same P/N as yours) can you confirm the dimensions and fit is the same as the original before I pull the trigger?

Thanks
          Yes, it fits perfect. I assume the only reason why it's not listed as CB-compatible is because the battery in the CD is rotated 90 degrees from ours and there's an arrow stamped into the metal pointing to the front of the car. Using those two different-length J-bolts, on the correct sides of the battery (easy enough to figure out when it's all in-hand; I know the CB is spec'd as using two equal length J-bolts), that arrow is now pointing to the passenger fender.

As for your question on how I knew it would fit... I didn't. I studied pictures of the factory CD battery tray and the height & offset difference between the two holes for the J-bolts, compared it to my own, and took a chance assuming the battery was the same size. I was more worried about getting the correct-length J-bolts, if I'm honest. That kit came with two different sizes, one of them being the correct CB length, so I figured worst case I would only have to replace one bolt. I got lucky with not having to modify anything. As long as that arrow doesn't bother you.
          Last edited by CyborgGT; 08-17-2021, 07:56 PM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post

Yes, it fits perfect. I assume the only reason why it's not listed as CB-compatible is because the battery in the CD is rotated 90 degrees from ours and there's an arrow stamped into the metal pointing to the front of the car. Using those two different-length J-bolts, on the correct sides of the battery (easy enough to figure out when it's all in-hand; I know the CB is spec'd as using two equal length J-bolts), that arrow is now pointing to the passenger fender.

As for your question on how I knew it would fit... I didn't. I studied pictures of the factory CD battery tray and the height & offset difference between the two holes for the J-bolts, compared it to my own, and took a chance assuming the battery was the same size. I was more worried about getting the correct-length J-bolts, if I'm honest. That kit came with two different sizes, one of them being the correct CB length, so I figured worst case I would only have to replace one bolt. I got lucky with not having to modify anything. As long as that arrow doesn't bother you.
            That's excellent news! Really appreciate your reply and the diligence you've put into all this.
            I'm a great admirer of all the work and "engineering" you're doing... keep it up!
            My Collection:
            93SE Sedan (Cashmere Metallic)
            00EXV6 Sedan (Naples Gold)
            04TSX 6-Spd Navi (Premium White Pearl)

Comment

'Current state of the engine bay' photo from two months ago:

I'd finally installed the ECU back in October, after replacing some damaged pins on the RyWire VTEC sub-harness I kept from my last swap. One of the companies I follow on IG, I can't remember if it was Phearable or KS Tuned, made a post about how a spider had gotten into a customer's ECU and nested on the Hondata board, causing enough damage to affect the tune. I thought taping up the hole would be a smart idea. The USB cable will just stay attached, and tucked behind the carpet when not needed. It got too cold for me to want to spend time in a junkyard experimenting with different cars' ECU mounting plates, so I just got some heavy duty zip-ties to hold it to the stock plate.

Power steering is finally complete. Now I just have to hope there's no bottleneck to stress the pump, in that custom high-pressure line I had made earlier. 5/8" ID hose to fit the Prelude pump, a 5/8"-to-1/2" barb fitting, and a 1/2" ID hose to fit the Accord reservoir.

I cut the hose at the right lengths to hide the ugly clamps under the cruise control diaphragm:

Replaced the noodle out back with an ST bar. Had to get this now to make sure the exhaust will clear:

The rotten front end links got new urethane. I ordered the D-bushings as well, but that was a week ago and the seller still hasn't shipped them out. The chassis will be the next big project for this car, and I can't wait until all this is powder coated under here...

Last edited by CyborgGT; 12-21-2021, 10:16 PM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Excellent work as always. I can’t wait until this is carving up the Colorado canyons!!!

Comment

Brokeboi problems, I'm getting bored saving up for the tune and exhaust fab (looking like April/May for that; I've set an amount that I hope is way over-budgeting just to be safe). I wanted an excuse to go out to the car, and the sagging boot from the trans conversion was annoying me. I'm loving this little collar from Hybrid Racing:

Last edited by CyborgGT; 01-21-2022, 09:10 PM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

That is a nifty addition.

Comment

I agree. very nice little addition that cleans it up
                      ~Nick~
                      FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                      MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Got freaked out by local Honda thefts and impulse-bought some locking hood pins. This in addition to a removable plug I had already made in the engine harness to cut power to the fuel injectors; a little thing I can pull and stick in my pocket when I'm going to be away from the car for any decent length of time. Surely with '90s Hondas only getting older and being a less common sight on the road, thefts will die down eventually, right? I'm trying to get this car ready to drive to South Dakota in July, so I especially want any little bit of security I can afford before being so far from home.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

More little things...

The black urethane bushings I'd ordered for the front sway bar never shipped out, the seller was unresponsive, and I had to get eBay to refund me. Sadly, I could only find Ricer Red after that.

After I first installed the ESP traction bar, I was suddenly getting visible toe-out even with the Heim joints adjusted all the way in. Others have reported not being able to get a proper alignment as well, so I ordered these radius rods that are an inch shorter, at 16". Thanks again, SSM, for posting that screenshot in the other thread so I could find these. I'm leaving the car on jack stands for now, but hopefully they solve the issue.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Ya, i got the Jordan Distributors unit which is all the security I'll ever need. Especially since it has the touch sensor to activate the unit. As for the ESP bar, I never had any issues with mine. But I also didn't do the install of it but I am using the original parts it came with.

- https://www.jordandistributors.com/c...ns/electronics

Comment

Yes, I the plan has been to get the JDi kit probably next year. Still, as popular as that seems to be catching on among Honda owners, it's only a matter of time before thieves find a work-around, so I'm taking every step I can. I feel like anything wireless can be hacked, especially if the circuit's all there to work with. As is, the car shouldn't be able to start without me there to install the plug under the hood, and with the latches blocking access, they'd have to tow it to steal it. The worst I should suffer is damaged key cylinders.

But the daily's starting to feel a bit tired and untrustworthy lately, so I'm really itching to get going on a huge maintenance project with that car once the wagon's running.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

There was a Jalopnik quote that said “Haven’t all the old Honda Accords been stolen by now?”. I think old Hondas a Japanese cars are just easy to steal and the criminal types know that. I think that any measure that hinders that is worthwhile. I’ve taken measure to omit the main relay when I’m away from the car. I may try to make a negative ground circuit that ties into the alarm system as well.

I hope the radius rods help, I still can’t figure out why the radius rods made a toe out change to your car though. Lol I need to go look a my car for a while.

Upon, further reflection I can see how radius rods that are too long could cause that by pushing the LCAs rearward.
                                Last edited by SSMAccord; 03-03-2022, 03:12 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X