X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hiptech
    replied
    https://www.vpartsinc.com/

"Vintage Parts is the global partner of choice for obtaining Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) obsolete and slow-moving service parts. Our international locations and relationships with over 80 OEMs allow us to provide a high-quality solution to extending the life of hard-to-find service parts."

(877) 846-8243

Just call them with the P/N and they can tell you the cost and if they have it. Found my NOS wheels, horns and other parts...

Leave a comment:

• Grumpys93
    replied
    Originally posted by hiptech View Post

If you have the P/N check with Vintage Parts...
    What is this Vintage Parts you speak of?

Leave a comment:

• SSMAccord
    replied
    Ugh, that ordering process sounds unsettling. I hope the supply chain issues are able to resolved.

I do like the idea of the NACA ducts for the intake air. It seems like a pretty safe way to get cooler air to the intake.

Leave a comment:

• CyborgGT
    replied
    Luckily, most of my Majestic order will arrive tomorrow, without two items. A BB6 p/s pulley that was in there was "delayed because of the parts shortage" and they gave me an ETA on it, but a few days passed beyond that without an update so I just resubmitted the order to get the rest in hand. The other part they removed from the order (without explaining why) was the foam windshield reservoir float; obviously it's not a necessary part, but I get caught up in factory-refresh details sometimes and thought it was cool. I'll try again later for the pulley.

Leave a comment:

• hiptech
    replied
    Originally posted by Grumpys93 View Post
    Also I got some bad news, Majestic canceled my order for the bumper bolts because they were on backorder for longer then 2 months or discontinued. They couldn't give me a straight answer.
    If you have the P/N check with Vintage Parts...

Leave a comment:

• Grumpys93
    replied
    Those actually look awesome! Looks like they are 3D printed as well. I keep going back and forth on whether to buy a 3d printer or not. They look like they could be incorporated to port air to the brakes as well, connect a hose to the back and port it through to the fender liner. But I think also bringing ram air into the intake box area is a great idea.

Also I got some bad news, Majestic canceled my order for the bumper bolts because they were on backorder for longer then 2 months or discontinued. They couldn't give me a straight answer.

Leave a comment:

• hiptech
    replied
    Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post
    Geez, if you haven't already, start investing in what OEM wear items you can still get before they're gone, be they mechanical wear or things in the car you touch frequently. The biggest reason it's a shame that these aren't popular enthusiast cars is the fact that we'll never see something like Nissan's heritage program where they started making old GT-R parts again.
    You're so right on with this! Honda's pricing has baffled me (and others) for years with no rhyme or reason as to how they price parts. I've been accumulating OEM parts too wherever and whenever I can find them and where I have room to store. The trouble is some things you just can't anticipate and/or obtain any longer. If I had been more proactive I would have squirreled away a muffler, windshield, battery hold down clamps and more but hindsight is always 20/20. If only Honda could be made more receptive to starting up a Heritage program as you say life would be good...

BTW your doing some outstanding work here... keep it up!
    Last edited by hiptech; 07-18-2021, 08:28 PM.

Leave a comment:

• CyborgGT
    replied
    My NACA ducts came in. The sale ad showed the dimensions, but they're still a bit smaller than I had imagined when holding a ruler up to the bumper. Still, I was able to use these to finalize the concept. After the car's on the road, I'll order slightly larger ones and properly blend them into the bumper, so when it's eventually painted the flanges will disappear and you'll only see the holes. With how small these are, I wonder if the 1mm thick flange is affecting the functionality. I'm so happy with how this is shaping up so far, though!

... and now I'm noticing that my lip needs some adjusting so that edge sits flush again.

Leave a comment:

• Raf99
    replied
    Yaa. Seen the horror photos of some of these pods but I'm sure the rest look great! I too... would be worried about color matching. I think I'd order the cluster one with two pods as it hides them well. (I would lose the functionality to reset my maintenance counter :P ). and re-do it to color match something else on the car (knowing I couldn't get it OEM black).

Leave a comment:

• Grumpys93
    replied
    Yes Rilas, got it to work, but he did have to pretty much redo it if I recall.

Leave a comment:

• SSMAccord
    replied
    I recall that Rilas acquired an Ortiz gauge pod bezel. I think he did have to do some reworking of the pod area when he installed it.

Leave a comment:

• CyborgGT
    replied
    Ortiz has some good looking options:

https://www.ortizcustompods.com/honda.html

I've been wondering about their "Dual Pod Cluster" for a while, but something like that would obviously have to be repainted for the pods themselves to truly blend into the rest of the plastic, and I'm worried it won't look OEM quality. The last thing I'd want to look at every time I drive the car is a massive bezel that looks like it was painted. It makes me jealous of the 5th-gen's dashboard. Not that I dislike the CB's dash design at all, it's just a big piece.

Do the A-pillar pods ever get annoying as far as visibility is concerned, though? My RSX's stock pillars get in my way, they're so thick. The driver side pillar will block an entire pedestrian from my vision in a parking lot, and if I'm making a tight turn around something, I'm always bobbing my head back and forth to see around either one of them.
    Last edited by CyborgGT; 06-26-2021, 10:37 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Raf99
    replied
    I'd only hate if you screwed them all to the top of the dash like fast & furious :P I don't look at my gauges all the time either, but I do check them at least once while driving. Depends what I'm doing too or how I'm driving. I had seen someone put them below the cup holders too which looks cool but only holds 2 (cut holes, facing up). But like the glove box they are off-angle a bit and depending on the gauge you may not be able to see it. Although if I had 4 gauges i don't know where I'd put them. I will admit the A-pillar is a bit goofy and also I had to put holes in it and ruin it (kind of).

Leave a comment:

• Grumpys93
    replied
    Lol. I’m not hating, you are utilizing a space that doesn’t have much use. And that is true you have a nice mild build. Honestly I don’t look at my gauges often unless they start to blink at me or when I’m in boost I’ll double check the psi to make sure the wastegate is fully open and I’m not boost spiking. I do like the fact that you can hide them and not draw unwanted attention.

Leave a comment:

• CyborgGT
    replied
    Bouncing isn't a real concern. Unless the engine's running weird, or for the odd occasion that I just feel like checking in on it, I'm not going to be driving around with the thing open. Maybe it's my naive inexperience thinking for me, but my engine's not as hardcore as your guys' turbo builds. I just feel like with how mild this thing is, it won't be as high-risk or temperamental. I mean... with the glove box open, it's still just right there, it's not like I have to crane my neck and take more than a quick glance to see the gauges. It's no more impractical than checking my far-side mirror.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X