H311RA151N : 1993 Accord EX (2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by H311RA151N View Post
    I'm slowly getting the hang of it! Like a newb again!

This is a tremendous help. Help - CB7Tuner Forums
    I hadn't even seen that!

Yeah, this new format has a learning curve. The backend is even worse. I'm slowly working through issues as I become aware of them (some things are a major pain, sadly!)

Comment

Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post
      I found a full 90/91 fog system years back as well, even though I prefer the face-lifted bumper. I only sold the lights themselves. And now that I scored 92/93 fogs that were lacking the switch and harness, I'm glad I kept the rest!

And: ooh, a Harlequin Accord build?
      I prefer the 92/93 bumper myself. I'll probably use the fogs to fund the build honestly. In time I guess.

Harlequin, I lol'd hard at that. Yeah basically. 100% Because it's cheap, might as well. If they're clean body panels they're going on.

I want a Bordeaux red fuel fill cover and a frost white bumper. But I'll get whatever colors I find.

I would like to get the rear arch panels replaced. I might try to do it myself over time. Then not paint them to match. If I got rid of the rust I'd love the car.

Comment

Originally posted by deev 2.0 View Post

I hadn't even seen that!

Yeah, this new format has a learning curve. The backend is even worse. I'm slowly working through issues as I become aware of them (some things are a major pain, sadly!)

Yeah the side bar on the left hand side gives pretty good instructions. I figured out what I needed to. Post trying for like 10 minutes. So it works.

It seems to be a pretty modern upgrade honestly. I can only imagine the backend on something like this. It's something you have to want to do I'm sure. Good luck with it! Your efforts are thoroughly appreciated as I'm sure you are aware.

Comment

The hood, driver side fender and driver side headlight is on.

It still needs : Exhaust, windshield, corner lights, door locks, the tires put on (front steelies are temporary) battery, battery terminal (positive side) and it should be good.

A/C, PS and BS delete does make a noticeable difference in power. My 1992 EX (much better condition, same color) with 250k vs this 1993 EX with A/C, PS and BS delete with 288k. This car puts about a car length on the full accessory 1992 EX in approximately an 1/4 mile. Maybe more.

Last edited by H311RA151N; 01-20-2021, 10:58 PM.

Comment

Safelite is $169 + $35 mobile service fee. Not horrible I guess.

I'm about done with this project. It will make a nice emergency beater after I get something else to daily.

I recently got a new job so I'll be driving this for a couple months. After that I will park this thing and probably only drive it in bad weather or when something else breaks down. Never bad to have a spare car.

Comment

The tires are now on with the full matching set of CD5 wheels. I think these wheels are off like a '95 or '96 EX. They aren't very common. Nor attractive but an improvement for this thing none the less.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2kxLfiR]

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2kxLR6T]

Comment

Oddly I think the CD wheels match the character of this car. Looks like it would be a good spare car.
                http://www.hondanews.com/releases/19...d-introduction

Comment

Digging the great process boss!
                  I fly by like the coupe grew wings!!!
                  Speeding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                  My coupe!!!
                  http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=152924

Originally posted by Racer_XXX
                  Excuse me miss, YOUR FUPA IS IN THE WAY!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SSMAccord View Post
                    Oddly I think the CD wheels match the character of this car. Looks like it would be a good spare car.
                    Character. Yeah, that's it!

I give this car a lot of sh!t but it's an ok car.

It's a great spare car or... apocalypse car or whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by Daheavyking View Post
                      Digging the great process boss!
                      Thanks! Much appreciated!

-

I still haven't gotten to the "CODE" issue with the factory stereo. Right now I clip a cheap Baofeng ham radio to the structural holes where the sun visor would be. I turn it to FM and drive away. I have it set to the local police radio frequency so when there is a broadcast on that frequency it defaults to that channel then when the broadcast is over it goes back to my FM station. I got a Nagoya 771 15.6" whip antenna that I flip behind the rear view mirror post so it travels down the windshield a bit for better signal.

Rear passenger side wheel bearing makes noise when turning right. Only recent things I've noticed. I've driven it 125 miles so far.

Comment

Right now this is on jackstands. I removed the downpipe and catalytic converter. I managed to take a Dremel and cut the nuts off of the studs without damaging the studs. I cut the nuts off where the catalytic converter mounts to the downpipe.

I have a new Walker downpipe arriving soon. Factory style of course. So, I'm using the new downpipe and old catalytic converter. I left a few inches of pipe on the back of the catalytic converter and I'm going to take it to an exhaust shop and have a quiet stock like exhaust system fabricated. As cheap as possible.

I'll post pictures later.

Comment

I have a bunch of fuel doors (including Arcadia Green) and two rear bumpers (Rosewood and Bordeaux) if you want to make a trip to OH (shipping a bumper would be expensive). If my daughter were coming home any time soon, I could send one back with her. Lot of tan interior door handles if you still need those.
                          Last edited by Fleetw00d; 03-12-2021, 10:19 PM.
                          90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
                          08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Originally posted by Fleetw00d View Post
                            I have a bunch of fuel doors (including Arcadia Green) and two rear bumpers (Rosewood and Bordeaux) if you want to make a trip to OH (shipping a bumper would be expensive). If my daughter were coming home any time soon, I could send one back with her. Lot of tan interior door handles if you still need those.
                            The fuel door I'll be in contact with you about. The bumper I;m going to try and find locally. But I won't forget about you mentioning this. Thanks Fleetwood

Comment

I got it back together and it's ready for the exhaust shop. Already quieter even with an open cat.

Here's the exhaust prior to installation.

Comment

Which corner lights do you need? Somehow I have about half a dozen right front corner lights, but no more left.
                                90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
                                08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Working...
                                X