No announcement yet.

Uslspct : 1991 Accord DX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They came on Sentras and Altimas like 99-03, something like that. Although I've never seen them on an Altima. It's funny pulling up next to a Sentra. "Hey, you stole my wheels!"

There's a pair for sale now on ebay. I'll be selling mine in two months with 2 good Yokohama ES100 tires.
    Metal Metal and more Metal!!!

How much does your wheel/tire combo weigh? Post here!
    -=Suicide Crew Member #1 (only member so far)=-
    MY RIDE

"I was hoping the Wolverine would finger one of those Japanese girls and then extend a claw into her b hole just for fun, BUT that never happened and I was extremely unsatisfied with the movie because of it." -Macaqueistrong

Comment

Suspension in!!! Sweet Jesus I am dropped. What the hell was I waiting for!? KYB AGX w/ Neuspeed sport springs. Good enough for now. Low enough for now. When I have money next spring/summer I'll be getting a better brand new setup that's lower. Brake nose diving has all but stopped, I lean less, and generally can take turns 10+mph faster. Ride is still harsh IMO, but I think my poly bushings aren't helping.

Still taking it easy with the ride. Don't know it's limits yet. I have to play with the settings.

Filling some mounts for me and Deev this week. Also finishing subwoofer and amp installation this week. Then I got to buy a new set of 6.5". Mine are shot and could use more low end playability anyways.

I have to wire up my IAB properly and fix a few small things like why my exhaust sounds like shit, I need a window handle crank, and get a brake line and bigger fitting so i can finally install my EX MC and booster and 40/40 prop valve.

MY RIDE

"I was hoping the Wolverine would finger one of those Japanese girls and then extend a claw into her b hole just for fun, BUT that never happened and I was extremely unsatisfied with the movie because of it." -Macaqueistrong

Comment

i liked your whip. it had the rare color and rare interior. nice job.

Comment

Ahhhh good stuff...get that tranny and cam in, I'm on the fence as to whether I should or shouldn't continue my project...

The handling limits of the car should be much higher now. I hope I didn't scare you w/the popping LBJ...but you saw how my car was with the Neuspeed Sports. Quick low-speed sharp turns or long sweepers w/bumps...it's all good. Do you have a camber kit?

Keep me posted man.

Originally posted by lordoja
          im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

nice car man! i like the build up so far!!! alot of work and attention put into her!
            " The value of life can be measured by how many times your soul has been deeply stirred " - Soichiro Honda

Comment

Originally posted by uslspct
              Suspension in!!! Sweet Jesus I am dropped. What the hell was I waiting for!? KYB AGX w/ Neuspeed sport springs. Good enough for now. Low enough for now. When I have money next spring/summer I'll be getting a better brand new setup that's lower. Brake nose diving has all but stopped, I lean less, and generally can take turns 10+mph faster. Ride is still harsh IMO, but I think my poly bushings aren't helping.

Still taking it easy with the ride. Don't know it's limits yet. I have to play with the settings.

Filling some mounts for me and Deev this week. Also finishing subwoofer and amp installation this week. Then I got to buy a new set of 6.5". Mine are shot and could use more low end playability anyways.

I have to wire up my IAB properly and fix a few small things like why my exhaust sounds like shit, I need a window handle crank, and get a brake line and bigger fitting so i can finally install my EX MC and booster and 40/40 prop valve.

got pics????

Comment

Originally posted by sackingz123
                got pics????
                I'm gonna wax it first then take some pics probably Saturday.

MY RIDE

Comment

My CDT speaker finally broke. The other one is on it's way out too. Ripped surround & cone. This is what happens after a few years of constant max volume metal being played:

That's fine. Now I can get some new better ones. I think I'm gonna go back to the door with mid and tweeter.

Sound deadening is done in trunk. With leak proofing and a new wood board and sub installed. It's very clean. Pictures up tomorrow if it's not raining!
                  Now I have to mount the amps where the bottom rear seat is.

Winter tires are now on!

I drove a Fit today. It plays data MP3 disks! Sound quality isn't that great. I'll probably install 2 of my 8" subs in there since no one wants to buy them. Handles like a beast. Hopefully I will be getting one in a few months. There's like a 2 month waiting period. I'd get a black one.

Here's some pics I took of my drop right before the NJ meet. Nothing special.

Last edited by uslspct; 12-09-2010, 08:22 PM.

MY RIDE

Comment

I posted pics of my sound deadening install in this thread.

Trap door:

Gonna fill mounts this weekend.
                    Picked up extra brake line and fitting to properly install my EX MC and booster.
                    Also, picked up EX oxygen sensor connector so I can put that in the downpipe instead of one of the primary tubes. Some people say you can reach with the stock DX one but I don't see how that's possible.
                    Also picked up another connector to properly wire up IAB box to ecu. Hopefully this weekend it will be completed as well.
                    Last edited by uslspct; 12-09-2010, 08:24 PM.

MY RIDE

Comment

Mounts!!!

I need to get my mounts to you. Sadly, I only have my rear right now. However, I think that's the REALLY bad one on my car now, so that'll be a help! If I can just remember where the hell I put it... it was on the trunk of the DX for a while.

I definitely need to do a trap door type thing like that too... my stock shitboard is totally trashed (putting a spare tire on top will do that...) That looks great man!

Comment

Put oxygen sensor in DP. I noticed a difference for better.

Wired up IAB. Works good now. So much better on my auto when flooring it to accelerate. Now there's no lag that I had before since they would open up whenever I floored it no matter what rpm.

Still been lazy on filling mounts. Maybe tonight. If not, then this weekend.

MY RIDE

Comment

Originally posted by uslspct
                          Put oxygen sensor in DP. I noticed a difference for better.

Wired up IAB. Works good now. So much better on my auto when flooring it to accelerate. Now there's no lag that I had before since they would open up whenever I floored it no matter what rpm.

Still been lazy on filling mounts. Maybe tonight. If not, then this weekend.
                          Dammit Nick! I need my mounts so I can stick them in the basement and put off installing them for months! (I keep tripping over my traction bars, nitrous kit, and drag radials)

I forgot to tell Sean that you got it wired up. I don't think he did his yet.

Comment

Keep that Nitrous kit long enough and I'll buy it from you. It's in my plans, but wasn't supposed to be until spring. But if someone has a kit right down the road from me for a good deal I'm jumping on it.

I got $150 for you this weekend for you for the tranny. I'll give you your two mounts too. The front is cake, which may be enough to stop some movement, but from the looks of it I think your rear is shot. That thing moved like 2 inches. So whenever you want to attempt that, I'm down.

Fuck it, I'm going to clean and duck tape the mounts up right now. There's been duck tape out in the family room for weeks. I didn't even put it there! It's teasing me.

MY RIDE

Comment

Jesus, 3 and 1/2 months with no updates. Well, I haven't done much.
                              Still haven't bought your tranny Mike. I gave you the 2 mounts but you still haven't installed them.
                              Still haven't done manual swap.
                              Still haven't properly installed amps and new 6.5"
                              Still haven't figured out exhaust note problem.
                              Still haven't installed EX MC and BB.
                              I can't believe my car made it through winter.

I bought Deevergote's 5th gen accord alloys. I will be painting them black tomorrow and promptly taking pictures. Falken ZE-512s on.

Ordered more Urethane for more mounts. I will probably be selling 2 front filled ones.

Ordered 1/2"x12"x36" Acrylic piece to put over amps in rear seats when I start working on them this weekend.

Gotta buy a new steering rack.

My Honda Fit should be here any day now........ ........ ........ I've already ordered parts/accessories for it.
                              When it comes it will allow me to have my Accord down for more than 1 day to work on it. And now it's getting warmer so no more excuses.

MY RIDE

Comment

car is looking good...you got a few things to keep u busy when the weatehr gets nicer out side. how did you install your fuel pressure guage...i see you put it where the service bolt is...did you have to buy a special fitting or something.
                                My Members Ride Thread

Comment

Working...
                                X