Boost_Lee : 1991 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is he running in closed or open?
    Last edited by Backfire32; 06-16-2005, 10:36 AM.

Comment

i'd say just write down which rpms ur gonna change and the units of fuel and ignition at that point you still need to keep a high last rpm as a safety feature but maybe bring it down to 6900-7200rpm ish. EGT's are looking good tho. And stop modifying just the 8psi column please include the 6psi column...amazing how i can tell your doing that huh
      Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

ummm...closed loop i think. Also can i get the graphical representation and not the matrix?

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

wow.. its so pretty haha.. ur enigine bay is so damn clean.. looks good boosted!.. whered u get ur pipings? or is this the kit that r33's selling?
          1st Car 1990 Accord Ex-R*Dead // Tow Truck
          2nd Car 1992 Integra Gs*Dead // Tree//Water
          3rd Car 1992 Accord Ex-R // Keepin For EVER!!

Comment

Originally posted by midnite racer x
            i'd say just write down which rpms ur gonna change and the units of fuel and ignition at that point you still need to keep a high last rpm as a safety feature but maybe bring it down to 6900-7200rpm ish. EGT's are looking good tho. And stop modifying just the 8psi column please include the 6psi column...amazing how i can tell your doing that huh

actually im touching both.. theres no median.. so im using both since theres only 5.78psi and 8.09psi

this is something ive wondered why u havent done.. maybe not for ur ride since ur slamming 10psi.. but for cars that are only hitting 8psi.. why not change the map scalar.. to give u a broader range of tuning?? without having to compromise?? since i dont have 7psi (what lee was hitting) i had to fuck with 5.7psi and 8psi.. so.. since there 2 columns unused 10psi-11psi.. why not add a 6.5psi or so between 5-8 and a 9psi one after.. (incase of overboost) ??

(did lee's member rides just become a tuning log? ROFL)

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

yah looks like closed. man lee go open! so much better! but it will take alot of redoing the maps under vac. well i don't know your running a f20a.

Comment

Originally posted by WiKKeDV16
                  actually im touching both.. theres no median.. so im using both since theres only 5.78psi and 8.09psi

this is something ive wondered why u havent done.. maybe not for ur ride since ur slamming 10psi.. but for cars that are only hitting 8psi.. why not change the map scalar.. to give u a broader range of tuning?? without having to compromise?? since i dont have 7psi (what lee was hitting) i had to fuck with 5.7psi and 8psi.. so.. since there 2 columns unused 10psi-11psi.. why not add a 6.5psi or so between 5-8 and a 9psi one after.. (incase of overboost) ??

(did lee's member rides just become a tuning log? ROFL)
                  yea this probably should be in the tuning thread lol oh well. Reason i haven't moved the map scalars is because most ppl running 8psi are on dsm setups and have the stock internal wastegates. Since they're prone to boost creeps sometimes, i use the 10psi map scalar for compensation and the 11psi+ is in case of a large boost spike. The 11psi scalar is me atleast attempting to give the motor a fighting chance to survive a mishalf. Now looking at lee's datalog his boost curve is very flat so on his you may want to change the map to be more accurate with the tuning. May wanna compare the first and last datalogs again and note the amount of change in the egt's vs. the change in a/f's. He should be above a 750*C egt atleast but no higher than 850*C

Comment

Originally posted by midnite racer x
                    yea this probably should be in the tuning thread lol oh well. Reason i haven't moved the map scalars is because most ppl running 8psi are on dsm setups and have the stock internal wastegates. Since they're prone to boost creeps sometimes, i use the 10psi map scalar for compensation and the 11psi+ is in case of a large boost spike. The 11psi scalar is me atleast attempting to give the motor a fighting chance to survive a mishalf. Now looking at lee's datalog his boost curve is very flat so on his you may want to change the map to be more accurate with the tuning. May wanna compare the first and last datalogs again and note the amount of change in the egt's vs. the change in a/f's. He should be above a 750*C egt atleast but no higher than 850*C

so im doing alright boss?? so far the highest he has hit was 770... then it dropped backed down avg is 740-60 .. eh.. still only 3 datalogs.. so bah!

yeah i think i am gonna change the map scalars.. ill leave the 11psi but im gonna drop 8 down to 7 and 10 down to 8 and go from there..

oh btw.. we wont be tuning till nex thursday.. hes with his buddy with the s10 truck or what not.. at some show till then..
                    Last edited by WiKKeDV16; 06-16-2005, 11:57 AM.

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

your doing good, i'd like to see flatter a/f's but i don't think thats something you can even fix i think its more a problem with the cooling of the motor. Thats cool how auto's can keep the load on the engine thus never dropping out of boost when floored. Has lee commented on the daily drivability? Like are there lots of light stutters? Does the car get up to speed faster than b4 without boost and all?

Comment

hes happy with DD.. he mentioned a light vac sputter but it only happend once and its never happend again (timing adjustment needed).. its wierd like i said... the damn compromising is hard.. so i didnt know if i should run it to 12s.. but considering how lol 3rd is.. that just might be the solution.. i raised 500rpm to like 39 and the car is starting on first crank (ahahah sucka) it does a lil drop then comes to idle so im assuming 599rpm needs adjustment to get it smooth start-up.. the car is faster.. and smooth from what lee is telling me.. now.. for partial throttle. should i get him to just hold it in neutral and rev till the vac settles.. and datalog that? to do the 24.7in/hg column?

hes happy with the car.. no wierd sputters no wierd backfires.. its smooth as can be...

1st-2nd over revs when shifting (Tranny slippage) but 2nd-3rd doesnt.. so im assuming its the fact that 1st is such a short(smaller gear)

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

we'll talk more about the cranking thing later. And yes make him rev neutral to tune the high vac part but you'd be adjusting 19.82in/hg not 24.7in/hg. The 24.7in/hg part is for decel

Comment

thats what i meant :wink:

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

alright u post whores! get out!
                              haha jk, its fine, this ubertalk is helping my tuning process anyways.

thanks for the comments guys, i owe it all to everyone on here
                              As far as daily driving goes, I DO NOT THROW A SINGLE CODE! Its perfect, no sputters anywhere during driving, easy accel and decel, I can definately tell the difference between boost and when i have a leak. I have a slight oil leak somewhere, but nothing major (i think it may be the pan gasket or a previous leak). I can hear air when I get on it, but its not as loud as when I DO have a leak...that normal? May just be the motor since the exhaust is so quiet The tranny is ALOT betetr with just 3 quarts on Honda ATF. I'll swap the other 3 out in about a week, along with another change 2 weeks later. Tuning is going well, I ensure that my runs have good cooling time before I go out, BUT I NEED BRAKES!! SHIT IS SCARY BRAKING AT 110 and dont worry, closed roads at night, no traffic.
                              Im interesting in tryin out uber 1.7 with a simple base map just to see if I throw codes and if the cold idle surges go away. Maybe then the compensation stress can be saved...
                              Last edited by Boost_Lee; 06-16-2005, 02:05 PM.

Formerly 91AccordExR33
                              11.68 @ 127mph
                              417whp/375wtq
                              Sold: 8/2016

Comment

when u get your eprom(s) in you can test it out.

Comment

Working...
                                X