LoDollar92LX : 1992 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by noxidea View Post
    I know atleast 3 people that have had Toga Pumps , not one of them has had it longer than a year cause they shit out, I remember literally a week after Mike put his in he was sayin it was a mistake he shouldnt have done it , Mike meaning lodollar ... lol I think the good thing here is even with a 500+ HP car he knows enough to shut it down and save his motor unlike some "EPIC FAIL" people we known around here in Maine that drive home with literally no oil pressure , MORONS .... but no worries Mikey let me know if u need a hand tearin it apart and doing the new pump you know ill turn some wrenches ...

you know 3 people and they have all failed with that pump? yeah. thats definite "im never getting a Toga pump. even for a temporary fix" .

Comment

greattt...oh well i hit 300 on it, and i dont think i'll be around Lodollars number... hopefully I'll find the happy medium

Formerly 91AccordExR33
      11.68 @ 127mph
      417whp/375wtq
      Sold: 8/2016

Comment

buy a harmonic balancer, or use the stock pulley...
        harmonic vibrations kill oil pumps, no matter what brand
        underdrive undampend pulleys are a huge no no.
        kid here had a brand new H22, put a UR underdrive pully on it, and the oil pump shattered in 3 weeks

instagram @mikeymeyagi

Comment

i agree, im running a stock pully until i can afford a fluidamper

Formerly 91AccordExR33
          11.68 @ 127mph
          417whp/375wtq
          Sold: 8/2016

Comment

damn i just read all the posts above and now im going to find a euro-r pulley or use the stock one. ive had the same UR pulley on the h23 for years and no problem. so now im going to swap out. thanks for the update

Comment

finally got the motivation to rip the car apart tonight, both gears are shattered into a bunch of peices. took a stock F oem pump apart too for the hell of it, and the toga gears are made out of a different material it seems, almost "grainy" steel.. where as the oem has a solid machined look. toga pump is def not a modified oem pump as far as i can tell, has none of the markings/engravings the oem pump does, nor is the pressure relief valve appear different, same hight spring etc... im gonna inspect the passages vs. the oem pump tomorow to see if there are any differences.
              as of now, the toga looks to be a cheap autozone pump...

oh yea, my motor appears fine, Royal Purple XPR FTMFW!!!!!
              my cams and rocker arms have no wear due to my stiff ass springs either, so owequitit, you can go spend money on a "permanent solution" ill stick with my RP oil on my 500+whp daily driven engine!

instagram @mikeymeyagi

Comment

shit i have a toga high volume oil pump in my setup \= im only goin for 430ish hopefully it will be alright.

You mention your stiff springs, how does your valvetrain sound? is it pretty loud, like ticking as if valve lash is not set?
                1991 Accord LX Coupe - Boosted F22 - 5spd LSD - Shaved Bay - Work VSXX - Recaro SRD

Member's Ride Page | Video of my CB7, Open Downpipe peelout

Comment

the toga pump has no visible signs of being ported, and the gears are made out of a cheaper looking metal then oem. i am very confident in saying a toga pump is nothing more then a autozone or other aftermarket pump with "HV" painted on it.
                  ill get some pics

instagram @mikeymeyagi

Comment

toga oil pumps = Epic Fail..

so what are u gonna do? stocker FTW? or u gonna get some work done ?

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

got a brandy new oem pump.
                      gonna throw it on tomorow and go burn some tire in 3rd

instagram @mikeymeyagi

Comment

Originally posted by LoDollar92LX View Post
                        got a brandy new oem pump.
                        gonna throw it on tomorow and go burn some tire in 3rd
                        Damn !!!! Ive been so busy man, so this is the verdict huh, funny the second u put that pump in you knew it was a bad idea .. hmm stick to your gut next time i guess , well anyways I have my son for alot of days but I will call yeah and see whats up ASAP ...
                        Fore Sale" My Ride "Best Time To Date 14.9 @ 94 MPH ...

Comment

Originally posted by noxidea View Post
                          Damn !!!! Ive been so busy man, so this is the verdict huh, funny the second u put that pump in you knew it was a bad idea .. hmm stick to your gut next time i guess , well anyways I have my son for alot of days but I will call yeah and see whats up ASAP ...
                          yea i know better now...

gimme a call brotha when u got some time!

instagram @mikeymeyagi

Comment

My fav build on the site by far. Awesome work sir!
                            2010 Taurus SHO - Livernois Goodies
                            2002 BMW 330 CI Convertible - HUNK OF JUNK

Comment

Thanks Mike!

instagram @mikeymeyagi

Comment

A mike, I got a 90 LX 5sp in my drive way for parts if you need anything take it. I owe you one, my car is still running good since you did that. Still need you to tune in though
                                NEW PSN
                                H22wagon

New project. 95 EG HB H22
                                RIP

Comment

Working...
                                X