No announcement yet.

J-specCb4 : 1991 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i just put a deposit down to put the car on a waiting list for a full cage. still deciding if im going to do a full cage and not street drive it or do a back half so i can street drive it a bit. i also have the s2k for street purposes so idk what im going to do just yet.

I also recently bought a few things. picked up a set of RL calipers to go along with the 5 lug setup and bought the wheels for the new setup.

CRS_3550a by crsfoto.com, on Flickr

the s2k is "borrowing" them for a month or so until i install the 5 lug/brake setup. its going to be real tricky fitting 17x9.5+40 and 255/40 under this thing, but i welcome the challenge. exciting months to come!

oh im also buying a pari of fia approved recaro pole position seats and have been trying to figure out the mounting headache. nobody really sells rails for side mount buckets for these cars. i think im going to talk to my fabricator about installing EK chassis floor mounts so I can utilize some of their many options.

EDIT: Ill get to work planning motor/trans setup for this thing too, however I wanted to focus on the chassis for a while before coming to any true conclusion. k series is a thought, but for the additional cost im not in love with the idea of a k24 transmission.

EDIT EDIT: anyone want some H series stuff?!?!!
    Last edited by J-specCb4; 11-19-2015, 09:12 PM.

"Tucking tires and wires."
    The Chronicles.

Comment

I'd half cage it rather than full. Full caging it means you can never go back and then you have to worry about the dash, door panels, etc. You've done a lot of work that is cosmetic in nature, which, while makes sense as far as weight reduction, also would be a shame to keep in a shop when you're not on a track.

Would you actively track the car once you finished it? If you don't plan on using it multiple times a season, I think the whole build would be a waste on some level.

Just my $0.02.

Comment

its going to be a time attack/hpde dedicated car it should do 10-15 events a season. not going to have door panels interior or any climate control at all to contend with either way. that being said id like to possibly street drive the car on occasion. my cage builder thinks he can get the seats far enough away from the cage that if i wanted to take it out once or twice to a meet it shouldnt be an issue. it will also have 5 point harnesses and buckets. thanks for the input. gotta think about it a bunch more.

you know after all these years, and being that I have a street car thats super fun in the s2000 i have desires to build this car with all those impractical but fun ideas from over the years. instead of saying why on this build im going to say why not haha. just to give you an idea of my line of thinking.
        Last edited by J-specCb4; 11-20-2015, 12:11 AM.

The Chronicles.

Comment

Makes sense.

I was just thinking along the lines of don't paint yourself in a corner, if it's not something you'll use (which doesn't seem to be the case here).

There is something really awesome about having a cage in the car though. I keep wanting the Autopower half setup for the STi and then I remind myself it's a barely driven street car, totally pointless.

Comment

yeah its weird priorities change and i just dont mind the idea of this thing being pretty useless at this point.

The Chronicles.

Comment

parts starting to arrive slowly.
              Last edited by J-specCb4; 11-23-2015, 07:01 PM.

The Chronicles.

Comment

Wow this is super exciting!

I am also one of the "loved this car from way back".

Do you still have the wheels in your signature?

Comment

thanks brother!

sold those a few months ago because the car is going to be 5 lug with muuuuuch bigger wheel/tire setups.

The Chronicles.

Comment

Ah, I see you did mention that!

Following for progress!

Comment

Your car is going to be pretty crazy when you have it all together. Looking forward to seeing it.

Comment

If you finish this car I will bring our shitty E30 race car up to Gingerman for the races and attempt to not crash out in the first turn.

Originally posted by Maple50175
                        Oh here we go again. Maples other half.

Comment

whats wrong with the K24 transmission? I love it in my tsx.

Comment

Originally posted by Tnwagn View Post
                            If you finish this car I will bring our shitty E30 race car up to Gingerman for the races and attempt to not crash out in the first turn.

its messed up you said if i finish... LOL way to have faith, bro!

and please do, theres almost nothing to hit on gingerman. haha

Originally posted by oneoffaccord View Post
                            whats wrong with the K24 transmission? I love it in my tsx.
                            the gearing isnt exactly what I want for the tracks this car will see. nothing wrong with it otherwise.

LOOOOOK fancy parts!!!!!!!!!
                            Last edited by J-specCb4; 12-07-2015, 07:49 PM.

The Chronicles.

Comment

Now that parts are coming in I have faith you'll get it done. It's more a stance of giving us a reason to get our shit together, haha.

That shifter means serious business.

Originally posted by Maple50175
                              Oh here we go again. Maples other half.

Comment

Originally posted by J-specCb4 View Post
                                its messed up you said if i finish... LOL way to have faith, bro!

and please do, theres almost nothing to hit on gingerman. haha

the gearing isnt exactly what I want for the tracks this car will see. nothing wrong with it otherwise.

LOOOOOK fancy parts!!!!!!!!!
                                Oh I know. I have a 04 tsx and I ended up changing the 4th and 5th gears to a 08 civic si. I also added a light weight flywheel and the just pulls. The gearing is long but gears are interchangeable. Well worth it

Comment

Working...
                                X