No announcement yet.

J-specCb4 : 1991 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

haha yeah thats who i share a shop with. Brandons car is pretty amazing, and its an honor to even share a space with someone as detail orriented.

"Tucking tires and wires."
    The Chronicles.

Comment

More of the same prep work going on. It doesnt look like much but theres a ton of time spent in the interior of this car getting it completely empty. Next is getting the glass out of the car as well as the seat mounts. I will be building custom seat mounts to lower the Recaro pole positions a bit to hopefully keep my head further from the cage.

and the really sloppy quick side rendering i shared on fb. Lots of this will change, and obivously there arent any details added but this is a very rough idea of what im shooting for.

The Chronicles.

Comment

small visual update for a very large big picture update that is coming very soon. the car is now at the shop where the cage is being built. i have some really really fun stuff going into the cage. cant wait to update this as i go back and visit during the process. its supposed to be about a month before i get the car back and can start interior/engine bay work.

The Chronicles.

Comment

Love the updates. Are you planning on running any kind of rear diffuser or just a half cut bumper?

Comment

jeeeez. this cage is taking forever. going by the shop to shoot some progress photos next week though. super stoked on all the stuff i decided on. its going to be very elaborate.

The Chronicles.

Comment

It'll all be worth it, I'm sure! Any stitch/seam welding going on while everything is gutted?
              1993 Accord DX | Rosewood Brown Metallic

Comment

yeah the whole chassis is being stitch welded as well.

The Chronicles.

Comment

This is great i cant wait to see more of the progress! Great work man props for reviving the old girl. I myself, still have my "first love" in my cb coupe. Its been sitting for about 3 years now because i decided to keep it and do something similiar to you, build a drivable racecar Someday ill be able to make this dream come true, in the meantime i think ill just drool over yours.. and take notes

8 Accords so far:
                  '81 SE Sedan(1st Gen), '83 SE Sedan(2nd Gen), '89 SE Sedan(3rd Gen)
                  '89 DX Sedan(3rd Gen), '92 LX Coupe(4th Gen), '92 EX Wagon(4th Gen)
                  (3rd gen parts car) I'm currently Driving a '14 Accord Sport 9th Gen

Comment

Originally posted by J-specCb4 View Post
                    yeah the whole chassis is being stitch welded as well.
                    That's going to be one solid build... literally.
                    1993 Accord DX | Rosewood Brown Metallic

Comment

Wow. Simply inspiring.

Follow me on IG: @jdm_inspired

93 'til infinity

Comment

Double stitch welding too? Nice. Are you going to put expanding foam in the chassis rails as well? Spoon does something similar.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike1357 View Post
                          Double stitch welding too? Nice. Are you going to put expanding foam in the chassis rails as well? Spoon does something similar.
                          I was just reading about that. It's some type of urethane based expanding foam out that is supposed to really stiffen the chassis.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
                            I was just reading about that. It's some type of urethane based expanding foam out that is supposed to really stiffen the chassis.
                            SKUNK2 did this a while back on one of there race cars, it was featured in super street

Comment

this white VC for your h22 is a great idea !
                              My Ride Thread
                              The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.
                              Mark Twain

FaceBook

Comment

What an awesome build. I love everything your doing. It's going to be a real beauty when it's all said and done. Great work, very inspirational. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Purchased From: busak87, GunRunner, Bruce Banner, Itstatcb7kid707, tJoods, DannyD

The Caravan 2015
                                MRT:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=180919

Comment

Working...
                                X