• Time
  • Show
Clear All

avendi : 1992 Accord LX

avendi : 1992 Accord LX

NEWER PICTURES on page 3.

More pictures soon to come.

New Pictures!
    Sorry for the poor quality. my camera is also what I use to talk to people. >_<

Swap pictures included in the thread.

Engine/Performance :
    - Short ram intake
    - JDM H22a
    - Megan header
    - 2.5" cat back custom exhaust
    - Flowmaster 50 series muffler
    - 22" resonator

Suspension/Wheels :
    - GR-2 Struts in the front
    - EX wheels

Exterior :
    - CB7Tuner.com decals
    - EX lip
    - Blacked out Headlights
    - Amber corners

Interior :
    - STOCK

Audio/Electronics :
    - DEH-P3700MP Pioneer head-unit
    - 6.5" Jensens in the front

Future Plans :
    - JDM fogs
    - JDM Side markers
    - New front seats (people smoking in your car without permission = cigarette burns. )
    - New windshield
    - All new suspension
    - Repainted
    - Thorough cleaning
    - Engine and transmission build-up
    Last edited by avendi; 09-20-2007, 09:23 PM.

Mine.
    "Why don't you spend some money and get this door handle fixed?" - Everyone who rides in my passenger seat
    "Because I don't drive on that side." - Me

Accord Drivers against F transmissions on H motors #2

Looks like your off to a good start! Good luck!!

Comment

Originally posted by trboaccord
      Looks like your off to a good start! Good luck!!
      Thanks! I'm finally getting it back to the condition I had it in before I went off to college for two years and let my family use it.

As for some background and current information about the car...
      - IT IS LONG -

My dad bought it back in '96 (I was about 11 years old then! O_o ).

I then started to learn how to drive in it when I was about 12 years old (i.e. 1997). This was around the time that I managed to back over a tall curb in a dark parking lot, consequently ripping off the original muffler.

I learned how to maintain and care for the CB7 over the next couple of years. Replacing the brake pads myself, doing oil changes, repairing misc. broken parts like fan motors and what-not.

When I was about 15, I decided that I wanted to buy the car from my dad. I payed about $1500 for it about a year and a half later (I didn't have anything else to spend money on really) and also got my license around the same time.

I took really good care of my CB7. The only major thing that happened to it during the first year I had it was the front right axle needing replaced from constant wear and tear on dirt roads (our drice way at the time).

Then in fall of 2003, I moved to college. My parents had gone through a divorce that summer, leaving my mom without transportation, but with a new husbad around the start of the semester. Well the new guy that my mom was with pulled a power trip with my mom and convinced her that they needed the car more than I did (even though it was mine.) So since I'm a nice guy and she IS my mom afterall, I figured it would be fine.

Not even a month had passed before things started happening to the car.
      First, was the driver side window getting broken and my brand new stereo (put in a few weeks before college since I figured I'd have the car.) getting stolen.
      Then I find out that my windshield has been cracked to hell because of people putting their feet on the dash and against the glass (still hasn't been replaced).
      Later I find out that the timing belt had broke, but thankfully the engine was unharmed. Of course the Water pump was replaced when it happened.
      They didn't change the oil as regularly.
      It was always left out in the sun and other elements with no protective measures. They also stopped properly cleaning and waxing the car which made the paint start to fade and crack.
      Then there was the hitting of the coyote and damage to the bumper and bumper light, which was never fully repaired or replaced and as you can see is still hanging there with a half-assed 'patch' job (by my dad) for the light that was destroyed.
      The front struts were also blown and a massive oil leak had developed.

Needless to say, when I got back from college this summer, I was not happy about the condition of my car at all. So I took it back in to my possession and decided to take a year off school to re-evaluate my direction in life as well as to take care of my car.

And that's the history of my car so far.
      - A QUICK LISTING OF WHAT I'VE FIXED. -

So far I've fixed the oil leak (Some Pepboys dumbfuck put on the valvecover gasket wrong, which was allowing oil to shoot out the side.).
      Replaced the front struts with brand new GR-2's.
      Replaced the front tires (a bulge had developed on both of them! O_O ).
      Put in new bulbs for the corner lights, which were burned out.
      Changed the oil and oil filter.
      Made sure the tranny fluid was good and had plenty. (It hadn't been checked in a while I'm guessing.)
      Checked and dealt with all the other fluids as needed.
      Sunday I will be replacing the front sway bar bushings, because the oil leak destroyed the right one.
      Next I plan on looking for a new front bumper and the lights.
      And supposedly my mom is going to pay for a new windshield, but we'll see how that actually pans out.

Mine.
      "Why don't you spend some money and get this door handle fixed?" - Everyone who rides in my passenger seat

Comment

Quite the history.
        To-Do List for Today
        Be Awesome

Comment

Well you have a good car to start out on and all of us have started out from square one, thats the fun in it.Just hang in there man, im sure youll get that car back to great condition with some tlc

Comment

Originally posted by flyinlow
            Well you have a good car to start out on and all of us have started out from square one, thats the fun in it.Just hang in there man, im sure youll get that car back to great condition with some tlc
            It already drives much MUCH smoother than when I got it back, and the MPG has improved a bit. Can't wait to start making progress past the 'running stable' point.

Mine.

Comment

White nice, good start good luck on your plans
              My OLD Members Ride Thread

Comment

Originally posted by dwsaccord
                White nice, good start good luck on your plans
                Thanks!

Oh and I updated the first post to include current mileage.

Mine.

Comment

lol ya add another 100,000 and you'll have as many miles as me on original motor and tranny
                  My OLD Members Ride Thread

Comment

THATS A VERY STOCK CB there. and thats a lot of miles on the car. the engein bay is horrorble lets see some mods

Comment

Originally posted by oneoffaccord
                      THATS A VERY STOCK CB there.
                      And thats important because...
                      To-Do List for Today
                      Be Awesome

Comment

Ugh, I haven't had internet for 2 weeks so I couldn't get on the site.

Well, as an update on my CB7...

I let my sister borrow the car for a so called 'emergency' which was really just her wanting to pick up her friend in Austin.

Anyways, she was following too close, going too fast, and not paying attention to the cars in front of her. So when the truck in front of her had to slow down really quick because of the guy in front of him, she paniced and slammed on the brakes, locking them up, resulting in her sliding in to the hitch mount (no ball on it thank god) protruding from the back of the truck in front of her. Thankfully no cops got involved and no charges or claims were made since the truck didn't take any damage. What a way to show respect for my trust in her. Fucking immature and irresponsible teenager.

Thankfully, the radiator and compressor coils were spared, but the bumper, driver side head-light, and grill were demolished or severely damaged. It also shoved the metal framing stuff around the radiator and headlight back by almost 2 full inches.

It's still driveable and I actually have a new bumper, grill, and headlights to replace the broken ones, but I didn't want to have fix all this other shit too. So for now the repair costs come out of my wallet until my sister pays me back every penny.

Oh and sorry, but I don't have pictures of the damage right now, but I will try to get some up soon. Maybe if all goes well I can have some after shots of the new bumper, headlights, and grill.

P.S. I may be keeping the CB7 in its daily driver status and post-poning (or never doing) anymore upgrades. Instead I will probably be getting an FC and making that a project/'performance' car.

Mine.

Comment

sad to hear about the FC comin up....but as long as you keep the CB as ur daily...you'll never lose the love

glad to see ur doin alright Tyler, congrats on the Internet service haha. hope ur thanksgivin was good

Formerly 91AccordExR33
                          11.68 @ 127mph
                          417whp/375wtq
                          Sold: 8/2016

Comment

Originally posted by 91accordexr33
                            sad to hear about the FC comin up....but as long as you keep the CB as ur daily...you'll never lose the love

glad to see ur doin alright Tyler, congrats on the Internet service haha. hope ur thanksgivin was good
                            Oh the CB will be around until it dies for good. For now my sister has been dubbed 'crash-test' which sort of helps to make light of the situation rather than ragging on her constantly.

Thanks man, I've been trying to keep myself in a positive mood, but this wisdom tooth is killin me.

Mine.

Comment

So I figured 300k miles was a big enough number.
                              So I gave the car a new a heart.

Swap pictures:

VICTOLY!

No more auto!

Final steps.

I'm in the process of cleaning up my engine bay, so expect pictures of that here soon.

P.S. I was driving an '02 V6 coupe for a while last year (had it for the texas meet in novemeber at the dam). Good car, but couldn't get it refinanced thanks to something on my credit that I didn't know about, so I just "sold" the car back and decided it was time to pick up where I had left off.
                              Last edited by avendi; 03-13-2007, 02:08 AM.

Mine.

Comment

Working...
                              X