No announcement yet.

midnightrayne : 1992 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks CB3! yeah the wheels i think really set the car off, thinking of switching them with the lude for a weekend tho just to see.

LOL smoking speeds.

Comment

very nice

I really love this car...I am gettin ready to go F20a DOHC in my vehicle as well. Sounds like you love it under boost!

What hp are you seeing? you said you wanna run 250 but I think I wanna try for 350 since I am seeing around 250 in my boosted F22a1 engine!

Glad you went back to stock bumpers, I have some lame ricer tails that I cant wait to resort back to stock!

Good woork, keep it up, loving the lude and congrats on the wedding!
      MadLab Racing
      Southern Maryland

Comment

well ive said it many times but this time i mean it, the car is for sale.

PM me or look in the classifieds for details.

Comment

NO SPINNER NO CARE!!! lol.

The New-ish Ride
          My old Ride
          Hear my Vtak!!!
          MK3 Member #3
          I piss off people for fun.
          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

So some time before thanksgiving mike was driving the car home from work and it died. lost oil pressure, he says he wasnt going fast then or before, owell. we pulled it home and put it in the driveway and didnt even touch it till this weekend. We both kinda felt that we were ready for a new engine no matter what was wrong with the current one, and knowing that there was a f22b in town that we could just go and get was very nice. So mike finally got it in him to fix it and we went and got the f22b, and installed. So within 24 hours he had his play toy back. I havent driven it yet, but it seems to have alot more power and is much more responsive. so we are both happy with the turn around. Ill post pics of the change later tonight. Oh and needless to say we are keeping it.

Comment

so what pooched the engine? Wont it keep happening ?

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
              "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
              "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

well we still havent broke the old engine open, but we suspect is was a seal failure, we have had previous oiling issues with that engine, and i think it was just time for that engine to die. When we drained the oil there were LARGE flakes of the bearings so im guessing they failed again too. So the major failure to that engine was our fault ( my fault) really,we had a turbo ( the small one) on there that ate oil and caused me to run it almost dry, and the bearings were torn up at that point, mike replaced the bearings, but the crank was scored up. we just figured it would at least buy us time, and it did we had run that engine about 2 more years on those bearings.

Do i think it will happen again? it always possible, but with the new engine, we replaced the water pump, timing belt and other belts, seals. The turbo is basically new so we shouldnt see they same issues.

Comment

Originally posted by midnightrayne View Post
                  well we still havent broke the old engine open, but we suspect is was a seal failure, we have had previous oiling issues with that engine, and i think it was just time for that engine to die. When we drained the oil there were LARGE flakes of the bearings so im guessing they failed again too. So the major failure to that engine was our fault ( my fault) really,we had a turbo ( the small one) on there that ate oil and caused me to run it almost dry, and the bearings were torn up at that point, mike replaced the bearings, but the crank was scored up. we just figured it would at least buy us time, and it did we had run that engine about 2 more years on those bearings.

Do i think it will happen again? it always possible, but with the new engine, we replaced the water pump, timing belt and other belts, seals. The turbo is basically new so we shouldnt see they same issues.
                  its a very nice step up from the stock accord eninge i love my f22b

Sold too: Grumpys93, '93CB7Ex, Bunta, prodh22accord, SSMAccord, fleetw00d

Comment

oh i see then

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
                    "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
                    "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

Originally posted by baracuda View Post
                      its a very nice step up from the stock accord eninge i love my f22b

she didnt have a stock accord engine, well wait, stock JDM accord engine. she had a 2.0 DOHC Si engine.

midnight, im boosting mine now, should be done within the next 3 weeks. ill let you know the turnout.

Hola, tengo tres patas. Me llamo tripod.

Originally posted by d112crzy
                      So you're throwing a bitch fit because some other girl at school has the same nail polish and skirt as you do?

Comment

Alright here it is, F22b

Sorry i grabbed the camera late so i didnt get pics of it when we first got it, mike got this whole swap done in 24 hours so we were moving very fast.

The death of the F20

the clutch was also on its way out

Engine Out, dirty bay, i would clean but it was 30 degrees.

The f22 with everything on it, ready to go in the car.

GET IN THE CAR!!!

The rest is history, it was 12 at night and i had to be at work in the morning, Mike finished up the swap later well really early that morning.

Here is the tag from the engine

The F20 RIP

A cute little scorpion. Dead of course.

Our cluttered garage. anyone want a TV or Fridge???

Comment

So we have been busy this weekend. We got new sprint springs ( thanks Trey) and we went and exchanged the AGX KYB's and got all new bushings, and put them on the accord. It rides so much smoother, the tenzo's are good springs but they are too stiff for daily driving. so far they seem like they might be a little lower than the tenzo's once it has settled ill take pics of it how it sits. Here are the pics from the change.

Comment

now thats a UPDATE!!!!!!! good work vids vids vids
                            UNDERGROUND SOCIETY
                            NEW COUPE MEMBERS RIDE THREAD COMMING SOON

Comment

looks nice, should be a lil more torquey for ya rather than that f20a.

Hola, tengo tres patas. Me llamo tripod.

Originally posted by d112crzy
                              So you're throwing a bitch fit because some other girl at school has the same nail polish and skirt as you do?

Comment

very good update in a few days thats what im talking about

Comment

Working...
                                X