turboh22accord : 1991 Accord DX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xlr857
    How did your motor hold up in stock form with your old turbo setup. Im really interested in going the turbo route with my H22. But not real interested in doing the internals since its only got like 10000 miles on it. By the way you have a very unique and nice car. You hardly see any H22 turbo's.
    im a big beliver in tuning cars i had a drag turbo kit that made 301whp and 196 wheeltorque with a stock motor that i have i ran the car for about a year all i have had was 440 injecotors a headgasket that lowerd the comp a point wich i regret totally! and for tuning i used hondata s200 @ 12psi i had no problems for a year till the turbo had a masive oil leak so i just junked the turbo kit and
    i upgraded the whole deal and had a oil starvation problem due to a clogged pickup dont even ask ! we pulled about 363whp at 12psi and i was only on low cam tune i didnt even have the vtec engaged! so i can imagine that i probly whould have pulled 400 to 430 whp if i could have had oil and thats with a mild tune completely safe and low boost levels

its all in the tune!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Hybrid
      Nice set up. I see you put a smaller rad in it (from a Civic?). Any over heating problems?
      i had no problems with the radiatior none !
      remember i dont have a/c so the civic radiator is not a big deal to run! just a little modifiing to make it fit right

Comment

Originally posted by timmy0tool
        wow any dyno numbers?! quite a looker you got there. and i bet she talks well too . it is unique being that it has a USDM motor. 600hp...wow what a goal.
        600whp wil be no problem with the new setup that im running now. im going to be fullybuilt bottom end i will post up dyno pics and graphs asap when i get it on the road! i have the old graph of the drag setup

Comment

What PSI do you recomend to run on a stock H22, since all Ive heard is that the H22 is weak because of the sleeves.

Comment

she is nice, clean motor set up, side skirts dont flow at all

1966 Chevy Nova
            1974 Super Beetle
            2012 Ford Super Cobra Jet
            2004 Honda Element
            2004 Honda Ruckus
            2003 Honda Ruckus

www.weezoonline.com
            www.facebook.com/weezoonline

Comment

:o :o :o

thumbs up brotha, that thing must haul some ass

Comment

Jez brotherman looking sharp! I really like the color of your accord it just shines! Plus the black grill, headlights....h22t! Woot! PICs!

- Zipcreature
                Awesome!

CB7. F22A. 5spd. CB7. Exedy. Chromoly. AEM. DCSports. Apexi. Progress Group. AGX. Suspension Techniques. Viberant. Goodridge. Facebook

Comment

that looks like a sleeper to me...

with those sideskirts and the bumpers being stock i'd be like

but if i saw that intercooler and whats under that hood i'd probaly be like whooooooa

Comment

i recomend 12psi just remember its all in the tuning!!!!!!!!!!!! all in the tune!
                    dont go over 15psi with out headbolts i did it and had no problems but just for the safe side dont do it with out headbolts

thanks for all the coments! i will be posting up new pics of the car with the stock sideskirts but i need a carbonfiber trunk does anyone know where to get one and i need a front lip !!!!!!!

Comment

good luck with the trunk.... not too easy to get...

Comment

damn!!!!! i really want one i dont care how much it is i just need the contact info for the trunk!

Comment

time for more pics i finally got my photobucket !!!!!!!!!
                          here are some pics of my drag turbo kit with dyno graph!

yep 12 psi i drove it for a year on 93 octane so safe its retarded! we made 301whp but for safty we took out about 3degrees in timing

Last edited by turboh22accord; 11-23-2005, 04:32 AM.

Comment

i got a carbon fiber trunk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

nice car side skirts don't flow lates.
                              "form follows function."
                              Louis Sullivan

Comment

Originally posted by turboh22accord
                                i got a carbon fiber trunk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                                where, and how much?

Comment

Working...
                                X