owequitit : 1990 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mj213 View Post
    I edited my post - I guess I did so too late.

Anyway. The first DAY I met you and Ray, I was just excited to talk to someone who took an interest in working on cars. None of the friends I still hang out with have any interest in cars. And for the record, I listened to quite a bit of what was discussed, but at the time I knew very little about the car, so I was on foreign ground with most of what we talked about. It was because of you guys that I stuck with buying Honda parts instead of Autozone parts and junkyard parts for quite a while. Most everything that was done to the car was that way when I got it. Sorry for giving you the wrong impression.

As far as me owing money to Ray, yeah I still owe him $350 for the G Squares. I've been apologizing to him profusely for not having the money sooner, and I feel like shit for that because I would NEVER take advantage of someone like that. In fact, I've been trying to sell anything I have to get money to pay him back. If it makes you feel any better, I've got some money to give him next time I can meet up with him.

After reading your last post, now I know where you're coming from. If I was the guy you're saying I am, I probably would have an attitude toward me, too.

..But I'm not. We're both rich, Scott - we just happen to have different assets.
    Shouldn't say things you don't mean...

Also, while I understand you were excited, you must see it from MY point of view. It was not uncommon for "Honda Tuners" to come over and TELL us what we needed to do, or to ask for help, only to ignore us AFTER we wasted 3 hours of our time, or to have idiots show up wanting to know how to unplug a spark plug wire, and then turn around and tell us how to swap a car. Unfortunately, that is EXACTLY how you came across. It sort of like someone else that I once went out of my way to help, and they didn't want to trust anything I said. Why waste MY time if it is going to be that way?

I never said anything about the condition of your car, because I know that is how it was when you got it. I also think it has gone in the right direction. I had no complaints about your car. I had issues with the way you came across. It is offensive to have spent the better part of 10 years tearing these things apart, as well as other Hondas in general, to have some dude tell you that you need to learn what you are doing, AFTER you have already cleaned up their mess. I am NOT saying that is what you did. But that is how you started to come across. By the time that we met, there had been so many, I lumped you into that category. I wasn't totally right. You probably didn't get a fair shake in my mind, because of that. Oh well. Here we are now.

And now that I know how you really feel, I guess it doesn't matter much.
    The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Originally posted by TheNextEpisode View Post
      I know my opinions usually don't line up with yours.

But I love your page long responses to everything, especially when they are technical page long responses. I do not care that you ripped me a new one several months back regarding strut bars. Your responses are methodical and are basically not tainted with your opinion. I think partly due to this lack of emotional attachment, you are able to crank out a multitude of smart and direct responses.

You are the reason why I stopped being a lurker and signed up. In many situations, you have offhandedly mentioned the exact fact that I needed to know. I have done many, many searches with the specific search requirement that owequitit wrote a reply in the thread.

I didn't want to write this before, in fear of sounding like a suck-up to a mod. Frankly, I'm glad you're not a Mod anymore. Not that you didn't deserve the power, but because people now don't need to pussy-foot around you anymore. Because of this, I hope that you are provoked into more page long responses.

I look forward to more posts, regardless of if I agree with them.
      It was like that long before I was a mod. Hell, I used to go around and around with some of the mods just because. I am pretty sure Fizzbob hated me. I know Deev, Accordwarrior and Accord R33 have been unhappy with me at times, and I can imagine that Elliot (Uncle_El) and cp[mike] have too.

The only person I EVER banned out of pure spite was 4thgenaccord. Of course, he got banned about 3,000 times in a 20 minute period, and it wasn't just me, so it wasn't like I was taking everything out on him. That was also ONLY because he jumped his ban. The original ban was a legitimate short term affair for breaking a rule.

Other than that, I have NEVER just banned someone for disagreeing with me, and no, I really try not to be emotional about stuff. But of course, as soon as you say something that people disagree with, and stand by it, you are just being a dick apparently. I do get opinionated, but then again, so does everyone else. Why am I less entitled to an opinion than the next guy? Is it because it is based on reason? Is it because mods aren't supposed to have them? Is it because you aren't cool if you do have one?

Unfortunately, I just don't care anymore. Each old idiot is replaced with a new one, and frankly, I have neither the luxury of time, nor the desire to engage in long ass discussions, which I did primarily at my old job when it was slow. At this point in my life I am working on my master's and trying to equip myself to complete the next major transition in my life. I also actually have people who depend on me for quality now, so usually given the choice between this and them, I choose to think about their needs. Although admittedly, one reason I do what I do on here is to unwind and get my mind off of life. I have subsequently found that when there are such discussions, it provides and effective and longer term escape.

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit View Post
        I am trying to move away from that too. Most people who agree with me don't say anything, and those who don't just get butthurt and call me names, so obviously it is a waste of my time. I may at some points post something informative from here or there, but I will just link the shit out of everything and let them do the talking a'la Uncle El.

Unfortunately, the ones who need to hear what I say the most, don't bother listening and are usually the ones to get their panties twisted over it, so fuck them. They can go destroy everything, and I will just hope I can salvage a life at the end of it.
        Speaking as someone who always enjoyed reading your posts even if I didn't always share your opinions, that blows.

I just met Hondafan this weekend and we both discussed how much we respected and enjoyed your work in the CB7 community, and how cool a guy you were. I respect that you don't want to share all your reasons with the community, but you sound like a different person since April 2nd then in all of your MR posts the previous pages.

This will be a loss to this forum, which despite it's faults, is still a much more enthusiast oriented place then any of the local forums in my area. I wish you the best, but I wish you wouldn't (in the words of U2) "let the bastards grind you down". Best of luck on your future endeavours.

Mike
        1992 Accord LX Wagon 248K/155 Miles

Comment

Fuck the world, Scott. You shouldn't let what people on the internet think get to you. Especially ones that you have never and probably never will meet.

You and I are a lot alike, even though you come across MUCH more intelligent since you know how to type shit up much better and have a larger vocab. We're both up front with the way we think and don't give a shit how much someone gets their panties in a bunch. We're both assholes to just about everyone yet people still come to us for our knowledge. Both very opinionated and will stand our ground until proven wrong or someone has made an actual valid point.

Fuck the world and keep being you dude. I'd like to one day meet you and have you buy me a beer.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

He knows how I am. You will also notice if you look back closely through my posting history, that my level of "assholeness" grew in direct proportion to the attacks from idiots.
            This I have noticed....Im one of the people on this board who actually do read your long ass posts and I actually enjoyed reading them.....I think ive learned more from you than anyone else on the board.....not just about cars either.....Ive learned ALOT from your off-topic posts that have to deal with the world today.

Ive noticed a change in the board over the last year or so.....it sucks that now because our cars are cheap enough for every douche to own and tune they all flock to our forum.....but Im eagerly awaiting the days when they turn to something else and like jspec said the true enthusiasts will stay and the board will be smaller....but much much better

I do hope you stick around.....btw I would like to add I always thought you were one of the best moderators.

Burrito Bandidos: It will change your fuckin life

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy View Post
              Fuck the world and keep being you dude. I'd like to one day meet you and have you buy me a beer.
              Aren't you supposed to offer to buy it?

I agree with Jose though.
              Click for my ride thread.

Comment

Take care Scott. I'll definitely miss seeing your informative posts on a regular basis. Hell, it was your post about the relationship between torque and horsepower that really made me understand it, which is more than I can say for most articles I read about it. Your posts were always so well thought out and organized. It's too bad that others had to take those as bashing and being an "asshole" when really you were just trying to share your knowledge. I know all too well how you feel when people reject it, simply because it isn't what they "know" is right.

Best wishes!

Jake
                Originally posted by sweet91accord
                if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by qbodsyt View Post
                  Speaking as someone who always enjoyed reading your posts even if I didn't always share your opinions, that blows.

I just met Hondafan this weekend and we both discussed how much we respected and enjoyed your work in the CB7 community, and how cool a guy you were. I respect that you don't want to share all your reasons with the community, but you sound like a different person since April 2nd then in all of your MR posts the previous pages.

This will be a loss to this forum, which despite it's faults, is still a much more enthusiast oriented place then any of the local forums in my area. I wish you the best, but I wish you wouldn't (in the words of U2) "let the bastards grind you down". Best of luck on your future endeavours.

Mike
                  Cisco is a good guy. We have to limit our conversations so that we don't talk too long. Of course he is very matter of fact too, which is probably why we get along.

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy View Post
                    Fuck the world, Scott. You shouldn't let what people on the internet think get to you. Especially ones that you have never and probably never will meet.

You and I are a lot alike, even though you come across MUCH more intelligent since you know how to type shit up much better and have a larger vocab. We're both up front with the way we think and don't give a shit how much someone gets their panties in a bunch. We're both assholes to just about everyone yet people still come to us for our knowledge. Both very opinionated and will stand our ground until proven wrong or someone has made an actual valid point.

Originally posted by ilovemycb7 View Post
                    Aren't you supposed to offer to buy it?

I agree with Jose though.

It is customary for the person offering the trip to get a beer to buy it, but I would expect nothing else from Joser.

Jose, if you ever end up here, you are on.

Comment

LOL!

Will probably go start and drive the CB tomorrow. It hasn't been driven in a couple of weeks, and needs to be started.

It IS going to be moving back to my hometown in the near future though so that my parents can use it as a second car.

Comment

LOL!

Will probably go start and drive the CB tomorrow. It hasn't been driven in a couple of weeks, and needs to be started.

It IS going to be moving back to my hometown in the near future though so that my parents can use it as a second car.
                        Yea the whole thing just seemed too abrupt. Plus you seem too smart to let this site get to you that much. Glad to see you're not going anywhere in the meantime

Originally posted by lordoja
                        im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

LOL!

damn Scott I wanted to see u boost that
                          miss my turbo cb7
                          moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

You sneaky bastage.

I still mean what I said though!
                            Originally posted by sweet91accord
                            if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

I knew it, no way you would sell this car without offering it up to the board first.
                              1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

Originally posted by quickangel93 View Post
                                damn Scott I wanted to see u boost that
                                There will never be any boost. I don't think. I was thinking maybe a ROTREX would do it, but that would be a lot of fabricating. It sure would be fun though.

Now that it isn't going to be a DD forever, I might be willing to go a little more aggressive, although I think I would prefer an good solid NA build, but the ROTREX does appeal to me greatly.

Comment

Working...
                                X