owequitit : 1990 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been driving this a bit.

It needs a freaking TUNE! I can't believe how rich it runs. However, I compression tested it, and it is still healthy as shit.

I need to put it up, change the axle seals, and get the rear upper timing cover off, so I can verify if that is what is responsible for the tapping noise. If not, I am going to have to investigate the LMAs.

I need to put some front camber back in as well.

Work is going to be really slow this summer, so I am looking at getting another job to help out. Maybe that will give me enough extra $$ to get some shit done on here.

On another note, the AC still works really well, although the compressor doesn't sound very happy anymore.
    The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Originally posted by mj213 View Post
      You're spoiled!! Haha. Damn that's awesome. Gonna have to bring it on our next cruise.
      We need to get a cruise going.

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit View Post
        We need to get a cruise going.
        I agree. I have driven through the mountains a few times for work. I think of my camera when I'm at the top, promising to bring it on the next trip. I even thought to make a mount for the passenger seat, but I've been too busy to follow through.

Work has slowed down for you? Last week was extremely busy, this week has been very slow.

Comment

Great work on the cluster Scott. I can honestly say, it looks done right. Not some hack job, just to check it off on your list of things to do.
          HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Originally posted by mj213 View Post
            I agree. I have driven through the mountains a few times for work. I think of my camera when I'm at the top, promising to bring it on the next trip. I even thought to make a mount for the passenger seat, but I've been too busy to follow through.

Work has slowed down for you? Last week was extremely busy, this week has been very slow.
            Yeah, I will have to reinstall my mount.

Yes, work has pretty much died. It is like that though. Last week was graduation, so it always dies after that. We will see if it picks up or not.

Comment

I think I am going to pick up a few little goodies for this and see if it helps remotivate me. Pretty much, the car hasn't had anything done in 2 years or more (since about the time I got the SI), and it is has been sitting in the garage for weeks.

I am just not sure I am into it anymore. But, I will try some tinkering and see what happens.

Comment

Meh. Figured out I have driven this thing about 3K miles in the last two years...

It has several new fluid leaks, one at the P.S. pump, and one from the axle seal. Also, the VSS seems to be crapping out on me. I guess I can't complain too much since it does have 260K on it, but really, I just didn't want to have to hassle with it.

I will have to pull it apart and check the wiring to make sure none of my conversion harness is the problem. Then I will have to replace the sensor, and may as well rebuild the power steering pump, dizzy (also leaking since it is a cheap Ebay rebuild) and replace the axle seals. Oh goody.

It will probably all wait till summer. I am going to try and get a few things done to make my garage more efficient first.

Comment

Meh. Figured out I have driven this thing about 3K miles in the last two years...

It has several new fluid leaks, one at the P.S. pump, and one from the axle seal. Also, the VSS seems to be crapping out on me. I guess I can't complain too much since it does have 260K on it, but really, I just didn't want to have to hassle with it.

I will have to pull it apart and check the wiring to make sure none of my conversion harness is the problem. Then I will have to replace the sensor, and may as well rebuild the power steering pump, dizzy (also leaking since it is a cheap Ebay rebuild) and replace the axle seals. Oh goody.

It will probably all wait till summer. I am going to try and get a few things done to make my garage more efficient first.
                  if you ever want to let go of that ESP 3 point front strut bar, let me know! I'll be first in line btw, did you get any snow yesterday? It seemed to have rained all day long down in Chandler

member's ride thread
                  93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                  99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                  91 Accord SE 176k
                  97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Originally posted by Losiracer2 View Post
                    if you ever want to let go of that ESP 3 point front strut bar, let me know! I'll be first in line btw, did you get any snow yesterday? It seemed to have rained all day long down in Chandler
                    Dude. Seriously? If I want to sell shit, I will let everyone know. What in the hell would make you think I am getting rid of anything? And you won't get nearly the steal on it you think you will. I know how much shit costs remember? I HATE when people act like vultures.

It has a couple leaks. It isn't like I am parting it out because I can't handle an axle seal...

And no snow really. It snowed a tiny bit in the mountains, but mostly just rainy and low clouds all day. Got foggy after the sun went down, but nothing major.

Comment

Dude. Seriously? If I want to sell shit, I will let everyone know. What in the hell would make you think I am getting rid of anything? And you won't get nearly the steal on it you think you will. I know how much shit costs remember? I HATE when people act like vultures.

It has a couple leaks. It isn't like I am parting it out because I can't handle an axle seal...

And no snow really. It snowed a tiny bit in the mountains, but mostly just rainy and low clouds all day. Got foggy after the sun went down, but nothing major.
                      Idk, just seems like it sits all the time and you've lost interest. I wanted it not because of the price but because of how long it takes them to make the part, my ESP motor mount kit took about 6-8 weeks to make. I can afford the 175 they charge but waiting is what sucks.

member's ride thread
                      93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                      99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                      91 Accord SE 176k
                      97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

lets definitely get a cruise going guys. you think yours needs work scott lol. wait till you see mine. i cant tell you where all the leaks are but i know there all small stuff that just needs attention. problem is no garage and its cold or im getting old.lol. but i like the car and it doesnt leave me down. ive got a new number too ill text it too you yeah i know another one.lol.
                        im finally back in a cb7 its like coming home.lol
                        93 ex accord coupe h22 SOLD
                        90 ex accord 4 door SOLD
                        91 se accord 4 door SOLD
                        92 lx accord coupe SOLD
                        93 ex accord 4 door SOLD
                        92 ex accord 4 door h22 SOLD
                        93 ex accord 4 door auto SOLD
                        92 ex accord coupe auto

Comment

That cluster is sex. You guys should cruise down to Tucson! Get some low atitude air in ya systems!

Comment

Originally posted by Losiracer2 View Post
                            Idk, just seems like it sits all the time and you've lost interest. I wanted it not because of the price but because of how long it takes them to make the part, my ESP motor mount kit took about 6-8 weeks to make. I can afford the 175 they charge but waiting is what sucks.
                            When I lose time and interest, I will let you know. Besides, even if I lost interest in it, it is more likely to sit in a field for 30 years rotting, than getting parted out. Or I will burn it down in a field. Parting will probably never happen. I have no reason to get rid of it. Besides that I have said repeatedly I haven't really lost all interest in it, I am just so busy I have no time to deal with it. I still have a blueprint for it, and unlike most, if I can't build along that blueprint for money or time reasons, I don't do anything. I still have lots of plans for the car, just no time. Since I am tired, I am not motivated.

As for the bar, have you contacted them? Mine was in stock.

Comment

Originally posted by ray ray View Post
                              lets definitely get a cruise going guys. you think yours needs work scott lol. wait till you see mine. i cant tell you where all the leaks are but i know there all small stuff that just needs attention. problem is no garage and its cold or im getting old.lol. but i like the car and it doesnt leave me down. ive got a new number too ill text it too you yeah i know another one.lol.
                              Yeah. I quit tracking your numbers. LOL!

Everything is just so expensive the way I want to do it. You know how I am, and since I can't get a dizzy seal from Honda, I have to buy the whole damn thing...

Comment

yeah i know how you are. the way it should be done. do it right the first time or dont do it at all. maybe thats why your accord is the soundest accord ive ever drove. it does make a difference. i completely understand and am very glad you are that way. maybe thats why you were the only person i really ever did much with. i knew if we went on a cruise we would both make it back with no problems. unless you get a hole in your gas tank.lol. good times bro we will definitely do more. i really want to do this accord up but i know it will take a long time. not easy like my last one.
                                im finally back in a cb7 its like coming home.lol
                                93 ex accord coupe h22 SOLD
                                90 ex accord 4 door SOLD
                                91 se accord 4 door SOLD
                                92 lx accord coupe SOLD
                                93 ex accord 4 door SOLD
                                92 ex accord 4 door h22 SOLD
                                93 ex accord 4 door auto SOLD
                                92 ex accord coupe auto

Comment

Working...
                                X