No announcement yet.

owequitit : 1990 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here are some of the parts I have so far. Luckily, I was able to find a good set of tails and B-pillar trims parts. I have some chrome door trim molding as well. A good set of OEM tails, in case I can't get the red/clears the way I want them, the arm rest, mud flaps and then some OEM stuff.

I have had the armrest, half the mud flaps, and the valve cover sitting around.

The box is all of the weather stripping and door run channels, minus the front passenger door run channel, which was already unavailable at that time. Hopefully vintage parts will make some. In the meantime, I found a good condition one that I am going to try and revive for use.

I have a bunch of OEM parts on the way that I just ordered, hopefully including the rear 5 lug Prelude bearings (which they said they had, but I am skeptical).

I ordered all the stuff to do the timing belt because it has been years, and all of the seals for the engine. I still need a new H23 distributor because this one leaks inside through the inner seal. Once I have a working replacement, I can tear this one apart maybe and learn how to fix them. I will probably also put the KS Tuning balance shaft eliminator on it at the same time.

I am going to order the rest of the body stuff in the near future, and then it will be time to start on the interior leather.

At this point, I am thinking I may tear the car down for body and paint work, reseal the engine, and make some improvements to the wiring, etc that were done when I swapped it because I needed it back since it was my DD at the time.

Stay tuned, more to come.
    The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Some of the stuff has begun to arrive:

I followed SSMAccord's lead and picked up a set of Hyrbid Racing Shifter bushings. Will see how things go and may add a shifter side set as well.

Comment

This is a good haul. I’m glad to see this project moving at such a swift pace.
        http://www.hondanews.com/releases/19...d-introduction

Comment

Thanks! I appreciate it.

I'm trying to gather as much as I can as quickly as I can because stuff is literally disappearing as we speak! I don't know if it is supply issues or what. For instance, I have been contemplating a Katzkin interior to replace the ripped SE leather, and they had the 1990 Accord on there as of two weeks ago, and now it is gone. Hopefully, they can still do it, otherwise I will have to find a local shop that can recreate the Honda upholstery exactly. I just figured the Katzkin would make it easier, quicker and cheaper.

I've got a bunch more stuff I am getting ready to order, just have to decide exactly what I want to do. Debating whether or not to get adventurous with the front brakes...

Comment

Yeah, aftermarket support is disappearing pretty quickly these days. The hybrid bushings fit well and resolved the gear pop out issue.

Further thinking about the P Spec shift boot, mine never fit too short but it may be that I have my metal bracket cut flush to the console. If the bracket was normal height, I think it would be too short and not able to stay installed the way that you described.

Comment

Originally posted by SSMAccord View Post
              Yeah, aftermarket support is disappearing pretty quickly these days. The hybrid bushings fit well and resolved the gear pop out issue.

Further thinking about the P Spec shift boot, mine never fit too short but it may be that I have my metal bracket cut flush to the console. If the bracket was normal height, I think it would be too short and not able to stay installed the way that you described.
              Yeah, I am going to have to decide what to do. If I had a 6MT, I would use one of the sweet 6MT knobs and boots that Honda has made over the years.

I'll probably either end up getting Type-R boot, or just making one using the P-Spec as a pattern.

I was going to say that I also took your advice and ordered the Honed Industries rear spindle nuts. Hopefully, they will be here soon as they just cleared customs in the US.
              Last edited by owequitit; 07-29-2022, 01:07 AM.

Comment

Parts are slowly coming in still... COVID has really messed with supply timelines.

Picked up a 255LPH Walboro fuel pump with install kit. Original pump still works, but it is difficult to start. At 32 years, I think it is best to have it available.

Also picked up a "Honda" clip kit from Amazon. This will make it easier to deal with stuff that I just can't get anymore.

Snagged another Amber ITR clock in case the one I have ever craps out:

Best of all, I was able to find an OEM moonroof visor. I was contemplating picking up the window visors that got posted on here the other day, but slept on it and they were gone. I wasn't ever as fond of these accessories, but I do like the moonroof visor because it is really nice when the roof is open or cracked.

Comment

These are great goodies! I hope the spindle nuts arrive soon.

Comment

• owequitit
                    owequitit commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Those should be here tomorrow! They "delivered" it on Saturday, but it was signature required, and he never came to the door.

Originally posted by SSMAccord View Post
                  These are great goodies! I hope the spindle nuts arrive soon.
                  The spindle nuts finally arrived yesterday. That completes everything I need to do the 5-Lug except the wheels. I have a set of 16" Nissan Z32 Z wheels sitting in the garage that will technically work. I can't decide on what wheels I really want on there yet.

I've been going through all of the boxes I have had in storage and have found a few small interior parts I am missing. Of course, finding an SE intact at this point is unlikely, so I may have to paint them to match. I can't find the black SE ashtray for the rear, I don't have the 4 plugs for the rear trunk panel, and I only have 1 tail light cover. I had the ashtray and other tail light cover for sure, but this stuff has been moved so much at this point, it is entirely possible it got lost. I'll keep looking and hope it pops up. Super frustrating.

In the meantime, I also confirmed I still have these:

Comment

Love when people like yourself keep this chassis alive!!! Love it!! Also, where did you get the braided brake hose with rear disk??? I need that!
                    I fly by like the coupe grew wings!!!
                    Speeding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                    My coupe!!!
                    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=152924

Originally posted by Racer_XXX
                    Excuse me miss, YOUR FUPA IS IN THE WAY!!!

Comment

• owequitit
                      owequitit commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I ordered it some time ago, but they are Goodrich, IIRC. You can just order a set from a 94-97 Accord with rear discs.

Originally posted by Daheavyking View Post
                    Love when people like yourself keep this chassis alive!!! Love it!! Also, where did you get the braided brake hose with rear disk??? I need that!
                    I believe it was a set of Goodrich lines. You should be able to use a set from a 94-97 Accord with rear discs. Knowing Honda, the CG Accord, or a Prelude would probably work too. I think these were specifically a set for a 90-93 with rear discs. I bought them back in like 2015.

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit View Post

I believe it was a set of Goodrich lines. You should be able to use a set from a 94-97 Accord with rear discs. Knowing Honda, the CG Accord, or a Prelude would probably work too. I think these were specifically a set for a 90-93 with rear discs. I bought them back in like 2015.
                      Thanks brother!!!
                      I fly by like the coupe grew wings!!!
                      Speeding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                      My coupe!!!
                      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=152924

Originally posted by Racer_XXX
                      Excuse me miss, YOUR FUPA IS IN THE WAY!!!

Comment

Got a few more parts in. Hoping it will start to cool down here in the next month or so and allow me to actually get some stuff started! It hasn't been as hot, but we have actually had a pretty productive monsoon this year, so it has been really humid.

In the meantime, managed to find an OEM right window run channel, a new non-OEM trunk seal, and a few other goodies. I still have a long list of parts I am searching for and will hopefully have more here soon.

Haven't really decided what I am going to do with the high mileage stickers yet. They are about 2.5-3" in diameter. I wish we had the little high mileage badges like they do on Volvo, but I will figure out what I want to do with them, without having stickers all over the car.

I also managed to find a vintage "I love my Honda" banner. I tried like hell to get one of these when they came out, but the local dealer couldn't keep them in stock and I was never able to actually get one. That was an exciting find!

Comment

Where did you find the 100k + decals? And I have been trying my damnest to get the old Honda Logo like your decal on a flag. But I haven’t had any luck finding one.
                          ~Nick~
                          FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                          MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpys93 View Post
                            Where did you find the 100k + decals? And I have been trying my damnest to get the old Honda Logo like your decal on a flag. But I haven’t had any luck finding one.
                            I got the high mileage stickers off of Ebay for a song. I think they are like $4-5 each, but he has the option to buy the triple set for a little bit cheaper. I am also going to get a MGPS sticker in the 5 speed shift pattern. The 3 visible stickers on the car will most likely be a new setup to replace the old one on the rear wing windows that looks the same, and the shift pattern either in the front windshield or over the CHMBL in the rear window. I might put the I love my Honda on there at some point.

Still my biggest complaint about being a Honda fan. We don't necessarily have the chotchkis that a lot of other brands have. It has started to get better though. I would LOVE to have some flags or banners of Honda stuff to hang on the walls in my garage. At least you can find Honda Hot Wheels now!

Comment

Working...
                            X