owequitit : 1990 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by owequitit View Post
    We need to do that. So far, the speedo seems to work OK. Other than that, she never had any issues.
    I bought a speed sensor at checker awhile back....could always send it to me and I'll use the lifetime warranty on it

member's ride thread
    93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
    99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
    91 Accord SE 176k
    97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

This car has finally been moved home and is being used as a DD by my pops...
      The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit View Post
        This car has finally been moved home and is being used as a DD by my pops...
        Nice. I think mine will be a DD as well when it gets warm next year. Congrats on reviving her from a coma.
        The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Originally posted by Straight Success View Post
          Nice. I think mine will be a DD as well when it gets warm next year. Congrats on reviving her from a coma.
          It was sad just watching it waste away in the garage. At least now it is being well used!

Comment

Back in project mode? Just ordered a bunch of stuff that this car has needed for awhile with more to come.

Mechancial and cosmetic. No real change of long term plan as the car is pretty much what I wanted it to be, but its time to do some R&R and eventually get the body and interior up to shape.

Comment

Time flies!

This car turns 28 next month and I will have owned it for 20 years in December.

This thing needs some love.

Comment

Back from the dead. Just relocated this back to my house. The car definitely needs some R&R now to come back and parts are much harder to find these days, so it should be a fun challenge.

Speaking of time flies, the last post in here was over 4 years ago!

My plan at this point is to have this car in a condition where I can hopefully commemorate 25 years of ownership that starts in December. Not sure if that will be possible or not, but I am going to try.

Comment

Go for it, Old Timer. You like a good challenge, right?
                  The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Man 25 years of ownership that’s awesome! I’ve had mine now for 19 years.
                    ~Nick~
                    FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                    MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpys93 View Post
                      Man 25 years of ownership that’s awesome! I’ve had mine now for 19 years.
                      Yeah, one of the reasons I am trying to get it done is because I would like to make a production quality video of it to commemorate the occasion. This is one car I won't willingly get rid of! I bought it just out of high school, took it to college and lived a lot of adventures. Love isn't a strong enough word for my attachment to it.

My sister works in production in Hollywood, so I am going to tap some resources to see if I can make it happen! Even if I don't, it will be awesome to get it back on the road again.

Comment

Recent local finds:

Scored the front knuckles for a 5 lug swap. Will order the rest of the parts shortly, once I decide which way I want to go with front brakes.

Also scored some small trim pieces, a complete rear bumper with slides and brackets, a complete rear trunk lid (don't need it, but figure I probably want to have spares laying around these days) and some other minor odds and bits.

On the interior, I scored some almost like new sun visors (also figured out that Legend and 1st gen RL visors will work. That may be known around here, but its an FYI of sorts), and a bunch of weather stripping. I really wish vintage parts would do a run of passenger window run channels, as that is the only one I don't have. I have all four door weather stripping seals and all of the other 3 run channels.

I also picked up some spare window regulators. There are a couple of really good condition CBs sitting in the yards here, so I have been running to get the stuff that is harder to find and more likely to be needed.

I just switched picture hosts, so I plan to post some pics as I go. I will probably upload it on Instagram as well.

Comment

I never gave much brain space to how rare some of the parts for these cars are now. It is good to have spares of these kinds of parts for any unfortunate incidents.

I look forward to seeing this CB be reborn. It’s good to see people return and observe how their approach has evolved over time.
                          http://www.hondanews.com/releases/19...d-introduction

Comment

Originally posted by SSMAccord View Post
                            I never gave much brain space to how rare some of the parts for these cars are now. It is good to have spares of these kinds of parts for any unfortunate incidents.

I look forward to seeing this CB be reborn. It’s good to see people return and observe how their approach has evolved over time.
                            I agree. I never in a million years thought even aftermarket bumper covers would be impossible to find. I love that Vintage Parts is starting to make some stuff, but the stuff they are making is sort of sporadic. I don't know that Honda will ever get to the point where the old GM's are to the point that we have companies that make recreation parts for restoration, but I wish it would.

As it is, the people in the junkyard were like "you must have a problem child at home" and I was like "nope, just stocking up while I can." Luckily, some of the stuff I have (like the weather stripping and run channels) I bought years ago while they were still available and they were just sitting in the packaging. I also need to find a good JDM source that won't rip me off!

Like you, I am happy to see serious enthusiasts getting back into these. I was explaining that to my dad the other day, that it was nice to not have the ricer destroyers involved as much anymore.

I also picked up a set of 90-91 OEM tails. I can't find mine (may have them somewhere) and the newest generation of red/clear tails that I bought has an ugly black gasket on the trunk lid lights. I may see if I can open them up and remove that and replace with some clear silicone. I had to silicone seal the old ones in order to keep moisture out.

Comment

A commemoration video would be awesome. Especially if you had a couple cb7 in it as well. Not sure if your looking for all stock cbs or some modified ones. Also anxious to see some pics of your once you start posting
                              ~Nick~
                              FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                              MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Yeah, I will definitely try and do something. I also have to start taking pics. I have spent a fair bit of my last week in the junkyard obtaining parts (it is hotter than hell right now) and scouring the internet for more stuff. I need to go out and start taking pictures and videos in order to document the process and the progress. It's just really hard when its this hot out. I'll probably keep this and instagram updated.

Comment

Working...
                                X