No announcement yet.

Shinobi : 1991 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what did you use, i'm thinking of buying a polish and some microfiber towels

i have a clay bar and mother's caranbuba wax.

Comment

Originally posted by ikayto
      what did you use, i'm thinking of buying a polish and some microfiber towels

i have a clay bar and mother's caranbuba wax.
      i used mothers california gold clay bar, it's a kit that comes with the carnuba was, quick detailer, and a clay bar. and i use also steps 1-3 from Meguiers.

CB7 --> EG2 --> ZN6

Comment

Very nice man keep it up

Comment

Originally posted by AirRide Accord
          Very nice man keep it up
          thanks! i try my best.

CB7 --> EG2 --> ZN6

Comment

Originally posted by xKingDomeCB7
            thanks! i try my best.
            no problem man, what are you plans for it next?

Comment

yea i have the same clay bar kit from mothers, i'll probably pick up a polisher ;p

Comment

i used mothers california gold clay bar, it's a kit that comes with the carnuba was, quick detailer, and a clay bar. and i use also steps 1-3 from Meguiers.
                Is that all you used to get your paint to shine like that? Your paint must have already been in pretty good shape to start with.

Comment

Originally posted by Blk EX Coupe
                  Is that all you used to get your paint to shine like that? Your paint must have already been in pretty good shape to start with.
                  ahah not really. my paint was in somewhat bad shape. i have nasty oxidation on my roof and in the center of my hood. but the rest of the paint on the car was okay. from the scale of 1-10, it was like a 5/10. if you saw my car in person before, that paint was bad.

EDIT :: i offer my detailing for a good price. :] it's not a cheap job too. i spent about 4-5 hours on my car.

CB7 --> EG2 --> ZN6

Comment

ahah not really. my paint was in somewhat bad shape. i have nasty oxidation on my roof and in the center of my hood. but the rest of the paint on the car was okay. from the scale of 1-10, it was like a 5/10. if you saw my car in person before, that paint was bad.

EDIT :: i offer my detailing for a good price. :] it's not a cheap job too. i spent about 4-5 hours on my car.
                    I know what you mean about the oxidation since my hood and roof are the same, but my roof was gone downhill in the past year. I've spent 5-6 hours working on my trunk before if you want an idea of how bad the oxidation was on my car.

Comment

I know what you mean about the oxidation since my hood and roof are the same, but my roof was gone downhill in the past year. I've spent 5-6 hours working on my trunk before if you want an idea of how bad the oxidation was on my car.
                      ahah sounds like you have it worse..and to think i had it worse. my trunk is getting there to oxidation..my roof is really bad. my hood is ehhh, just the center of it.

CB7 --> EG2 --> ZN6

Comment

ahah sounds like you have it worse..and to think i had it worse. my trunk is getting there to oxidation..my roof is really bad. my hood is ehhh, just the center of it.
                        http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h2...e/IMG_0484.jpg

You can see the cutoff from where we put the tape. 13 years of having a spoiler and never taking it off.

Comment

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h2...e/IMG_0484.jpg

You can see the cutoff from where we put the tape. 13 years of having a spoiler and never taking it off.
                          ahah wow. i think you can take some of that off. if i'm correct, you can buff that out a bit. well at least your paint is better than mine, i should get a pic of my trunk. ahah

CB7 --> EG2 --> ZN6

Comment

ahah wow. i think you can take some of that off. if i'm correct, you can buff that out a bit. well at least your paint is better than mine, i should get a pic of my trunk. ahah
                            It took 6 hours to do that half of the trunk, and that was the last time my car was ever shiney. We had to use a Hitachi Rotary with lake country pads just to get it going which practically melted the paint, and then a porter cable with sonus pads to correct the mistakes from the rotary. Then all the different paint polishes we tried. I'm never gunna try all that again unless the accord gets repainted.

Comment

It took 6 hours to do that half of the trunk, and that was the last time my car was ever shiney. We had to use a Hitachi Rotary with lake country pads just to get it going which practically melted the paint, and then a porter cable with sonus pads to correct the mistakes from the rotary. Then all the different paint polishes we tried. I'm never gunna try all that again unless the accord gets repainted.
                              ahah wow, that's alot of work. but all in all. i like your car, it really stands out. i gotta meet you and see your cb one day.

CB7 --> EG2 --> ZN6

Comment

lol sux for you guys with dark color cars, my paint has no oxidation :P

white cars ftw!

Comment

Working...
                                X