X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rotas all the way!

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike]
      alright guys, new wheels...let me know what you all think.
      dont like them personally, but the same emotions you have towards those wheels, i feel for the white 17in axis touring cups. i, too, have wanted a (this) set ever since i started modding a CB. its difficult to shun that first wheel-love, lol.

i know ppl would call the cups outdated/unnatractive/whatever it may be, but i wouldnt give a fuck just like you shouldnt give a fuck about my opinion towards your wheels.

ps- looks like you are a shoe-in for AOM June.

Comment

I like em...

kinda makes the 16" slips look tiny tho...
        RIP Lifsatrip7

Comment

Originally posted by k-mart
          dont like them personally, but the same emotions you have towards those wheels, i feel for the white 17in axis touring cups. i, too, have wanted a (this) set ever since i started modding a CB. its difficult to shun that first wheel-love, lol.

i know ppl would call the cups outdated/unnatractive/whatever it may be, but i wouldnt give a fuck just like you shouldnt give a fuck about my opinion towards your wheels.

ps- looks like you are a shoe-in for AOM June.
          comments appreciated.

ever since i even considered bidding on the auction for these, i knew there was going to be a bunch of people that didnt like them, and they were going to be pissed that i got rid of the rotas. but i cant get myself away from the wheels, ive tried to pick a new set that i like but i cant deny that i still like these. ive always liked them, i wanted them, so now i have them.

i do have to say this though, i just went outside and i definately love the wheels themselves, even though im not too happy with how they look on the car... its cliche' to say, but they look better in person than in pictures. in pics, the shadows and highlights make them seem too... busy. the centercap/lug area looks too deep compared to the spokes in pictures, but looks better in person. i knew i liked them, because many years ago, there was a 93 EX frost white sedan parked down the street from my house, with a set of these in white. i wanted white MR12's since then, but had to settle for silver since the discontinuation. i am considering having them painted frost white along with the car, but that plan may change.

btw, thanks for the nomination keith.

just for kicks, heres the cb7 that was always parked a few houses down the street from me, that inspired me in many ways (as you can clearly tell...) i have no idea where this car is right now, i havent seen it in years.

Last edited by cp[mike]; 06-04-2014, 04:34 PM.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
          - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
          - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
          Current cars:
          - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
          - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Originally posted by ZigenBallZ
            I like em...

kinda makes the 16" slips look tiny tho...
            kind of amazing to know that the actual wheels are only 1" bigger... but youre right. its the crazy thick lip that the rota's have, the spokes themselves look like 14's.

Current cars:

Comment

cmon people, i want both positive and negative comments!

Current cars:

Comment

You've gotta be kidding me.... Did you really expect negative comments...?

Comment

Originally posted by According2Aaron
                  i guess that means you like them (you saw the new wheels on the previous page, right?)... i actually was expecting some negative comments, and ive gotten a couple so far.

Current cars:

Comment

the wheels ain't bad considering its a set you've always liked. but the 225/50 sized tires are just too thick. granted they were free
                    i'd sell them and pick up a set of 215/40s or 215/45s for those 17s.
                    5.6L V8 32V DOHC
                    JDM HERITAGE - US BUILT

Comment

not a fan of the wheels but i completely understand where u are coming from putting some wheels u dreamed of back in the day when it was sooo much harder to afford. also u feel like u can close that door or whatever on that goal

"Tucking tires and wires."
                      The Chronicles.

Comment

Very interesting. I agree that they're a little too big looking right now, but I think that's all in the tire. You're too low to be running a tire so thick, but we've already discussed that.

Swap out to AGX and you'll get a little lift and the setup you want. Don't forget that with a +40 wheel that's 7.5" wide, its going to stick out a little. But this car looked amazing with white Rated-R's and once you sort everything out, its going to look amazing again

Comment

with the wheel turned all the way to one side, the edge of the fender basically sits on top of the tire, i cant even squeeze my pinky in. soooooo... back to the rotas for now.

apparently the online tire calculator said these new tires should be 0.8" taller than stock... comparing side by side, they are definately taller than that. perhaps it meant .8" radius, 1.6" taller overall... check out the comparison pic below.

so needless to say, the tires didnt work out. i was hoping they would, but they were free so no harm done. wonder who would buy a set of 225/50/17s...

Last edited by cp[mike]; 06-04-2014, 04:36 PM.

Current cars:

Comment

comments appreciated.

ever since i even considered bidding on the auction for these, i knew there was going to be a bunch of people that didnt like them, and they were going to be pissed that i got rid of the rotas. but i cant get myself away from the wheels, ive tried to pick a new set that i like but i cant deny that i still like these. ive always liked them, i wanted them, so now i have them.

i do have to say this though, i just went outside and i definately love the wheels themselves, even though im not too happy with how they look on the car... its cliche' to say, but they look better in person than in pictures. in pics, the shadows and highlights make them seem too... busy. the centercap/lug area looks too deep compared to the spokes in pictures, but looks better in person. i knew i liked them, because many years ago, there was a 93 EX frost white sedan parked down the street from my house, with a set of these in white. i wanted white MR12's since then, but had to settle for silver since the discontinuation. i am considering having them painted frost white along with the car, but that plan may change.

btw, thanks for the nomination keith.

just for kicks, heres the cb7 that was always parked a few houses down the street from me, that inspired me in many ways (as you can clearly tell...) i have no idea where this car is right now, i havent seen it in years.

[img]http://www.****.com/pics/local_gen4_white.jpg[/img]
                            did the apc sticker inspire you LMAO J/p man ooo and I see another cb in the background looks like a 91 cb7

Comment

Originally posted by HondaGuy1212
                              did the apc sticker inspire you LMAO J/p man ooo and I see another cb in the background looks like a 91 cb7
                              yeah, i ordered one a couple weeks ago but it hasnt shown up yet

i also had taken these of the 91 behind it. see the green van in the background? that was my neighbor's car. this one has gone missing too... but three more cb7's are now parked within a block in either direction of my house, so its all good, i still have random cb7's to look at as i pull out of the driveway

Last edited by cp[mike]; 06-04-2014, 04:36 PM.

Current cars:

Comment

Originally posted by According2Aaron
                                i guess that means you like them (you saw the new wheels on the previous page, right?)... i actually was expecting some negative comments, and ive gotten a couple so far.
                                Actually, didn't notice the wheels until after I posted that. I just thought you were tired of the nothing but positive comments on the sex machine of an Accord you have and wanted to hear negative comments! lol!

But looking at the wheels, they're pretty nice. I like the old wheels but I'd like them better if they were lighter like the new wheels. But both sets look good. Keep up the great work, Mike.

Comment

Working...
                                X