1993 Green Coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1993 Green Coupe

Well I finally got myself another CB7. This time I found myself a green two door that needed an ungodly amount of help. Mechanically she is great. She has about 230,000 miles but runs like a champ.

This CB7 was owned by one of my customers and I really wanted to buy it off of him but he ended up selling it to someone else. Fast forward about 9 months. He came in one day and told me a story about it. The story goes that the guy he sold it to got pulled over for drunk driving. The guy had a suspended license and no insurance. Obviously he was arrested and the car was impounded. Lucky me I know the owner of the biggest tow company in town. I asked him if he had it in his yard and he said he did. I asked him to save the car for me if the guy never paid. Fast forward another two months and I get a call that I can come buy the car now. $500 later I own this CB7 that was destined to get crushed.

Unfortunately during the 9 months that the guy owned it a lot changed about the car. Mechanically its still as good as I remember from when my customer owned it. But apparently this guy and his wife were living in the car.... They removed the headliner, removed the sunroof slider, cracked the sunroof, popped one side of the sunroof off the assembly, scratched the windshield from the outside (just tons of big scratches all over, cant even figure out what was happening), smoked heavily inside, burnt holes in the seats, ruined the seatbelts, screwed a metal sheet into the dash to cover a hole where the radio is, spray painted the stock alloy wheels black (they actually did an ok job), the grille black, the rear badge black, the back of the mirrors black, and for some reason the bottom part of the taillights black. They also dented the trunk lid, cracked the rear bumper and partially removed the rear wing.

The link below is to an album of the photos of the car. All my images are too big for me to upload them all here.

https://ibb.co/album/X2TcS2

Since getting her I have removed the awful carpet, most of the trim, and the passenger door panel. It already smells a lot better. Now I just need to swap the seats. I ordered new window guide parts but still need to install them because I'm waiting for a new driver side window regulator.

Because I enjoy it, I am sanding the car. The paint is heavily oxidized and just sad overall. So far its looking a lot better. I will be uploading photos soon.

I'm hoping to make her pretty again.
    Does anyone else have a monthly budget of 10mm sockets or is it just me?

Most important thing is that it looks rust free. I've use Ox-Clean to clean CB carpets. Mix up a few gallons (hottest water you can stand), pour some in each foot well and use a stiff scrub brush to work it in, I then hang it from a 2x2 on top of a step ladder and use a power washer to rinse it until the water runs clear. Use yours hands as best you can to squeegee the water out, then let it hang in the sun the rest of the day.
    90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
    08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Well cp[mike] is hooking me up with a an oem black carpet. So I am excited about that. The old carpet is just sitting in a bag in the back of my garage at the moment. To be honest its not worth my time to save it and I really want a black carpet.

Luckily rust isnt a huge issue where im at. There a couple spots on the hood but nothing major at all.

Comment

Ya, that's all fixable and a nice car you have there! No headliner is weird. I'd be taking a shampoo carpet cleaner to the whole interior though. I imagine it smells great...

Comment

That is not as bad I imagined it from reading. Glad you saved a cb7 and a coupe ex at that.
          ~Nick~
          FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
          MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Im wet Sanding the paint right now to make her pretty again. Takes a lot of work. Still need an undented trunk lid and a rear bumper. I might be able to fix them. Don't know yet.

I have a new driver's side door panel in my garage. Fleetwood is hooking me up with some door handles. Soon she will be awesome.

​​​​​

Comment

I wanted a gold rear badge and didn't want to wait for one so I 3D printed one.

https://ibb.co/gSxR3bC
              ​​​​​​

Comment

Went to the scrap yard today and got a new sunroof glass. Thanks to a members DIY I was very easily able to remove it. I replaced my broken one and took the time to fix the driver side window regulator and installed new window guides. NO MORE AIR LEAKS!!!!

Comment

You are making quick work here! I like where this is going.
                  http://www.hondanews.com/releases/19...d-introduction

Comment

Working...
                  X