i hear some built motors like it at 12.5:1 AFR
    Yeah, but his is well into the 13's.

I'd never tune past 12:1 either.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy
      Yeah, but his is well into the 13's.

I'd never tune past 12:1 either.
      13's are bad news even with race fuel...

instagram @mikeymeyagi

Comment

quickangel93, oneoffaccord, Shadow1, I'll crank it by hand tomorrow if weather permits. She'll be back.

d112crzy, 91accordexr33, evil_demon_01, LoDollar92LX, Yeah that graph is incorrect. I know it shows 13s but my wideband was correct cause it was calibrated the previous week. Bad sniffer wideband at the dyno.

Quoting my tuner, MASE:
        "Next was carlos, his car was an Accord w/ an H22. He's car felt damn good, but due to the wrong map sensor we couldnt street tune his car on a 3 bar until on the way to the dyno. his torque and power curve are excellent. AND before anyone bitches about the AFR curve, the dyno was a bit sketchy, we used a sniffer and im pretty sure it was reading a little lean. I tuned to his Techedge wideband that he had on the car to a 12:1 afr."

heres the link on Honda-tech.com ---> http://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=861581

I don't think my motor would last nearly 4 years with afr at/around 13:1 under boost and the way drive my car.
        Last edited by Accord SiR; 02-07-2008, 06:56 AM.
        Carlos
        My Members Ride Page

Comment

damn sniffers....that thing read more than a whole point leaner! Good to hear that your motor has lasted so long, gives me much hope on my setup

Formerly 91AccordExR33
          11.68 @ 127mph
          417whp/375wtq
          Sold: 8/2016

Comment

91accordexr33, I am suprised as well that the motor lasted that long. All I have to say is it's all in the tuning. You'll be alright.
            Carlos
            My Members Ride Page

Comment

how much is your wideband?? where did you buy it from???
              OHIO CB7's

My Ride

MOD FUND: better if I could sell some of my stuff.

Build Thread

vouches: oneoffaccord, dep22build, 1993haccord, hostile, da9b16, brian91accord,93 Accord lx, kc8enb

Comment

hmm i might need to invest in a aem wideband soon. at my store for $220 with sensor and all the stuff. good price?

yea i think the sniffer was bad. the curves are all wobbly. i dont think thats good. if you seriously wanted, we could meet at j-k tuning around harrisburg, pa. he knows hondas. and get your car tuned by neptune on a dyno. 1hr tuning on the dyno is $100. he could also street tune it for the same price. buy thats if you want to throw her on a trailer and drive her up. i should be down there in 3 weeks.
                miss my turbo cb7
                moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

I'd trust mase over j-k-tuning any day of the week or weekend. He knows hondas quite well.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

damn man, i had timing belt problems too. cept mine was the tensioner coming loose and my greddy belt got chewed up by my timing belt cover. good to see the car running tho, looks like a beast

Comment

T04ECB7, the wideband is a techedge unit and at the time I picked it up for about $285+shipping and I picked up the NTK L1H1 o2 sensor back then for about $120. It was the most modest priced wideband at the time. The particular model I have has been discontinued but there are other models on there website:http://techedge.com.au

quickangel93, thats a decent price on the wideband. Prices are pretty decent on the tuning but I wouldn't be able to trailer it up there. I don't have a tow pig to trailer my car so I have to keep it local for tuning.

d112crzy, Mase is a great tuner. Just my opinion. That fool tuned a twin turbo Ford GT to 1453hp there are videos out there floating around on youtube. Another good tuner that learned/tutored by Mase is PrecisionH23a. There are a few locals around that I would go with but I haven't even got around to talking to them yet.

xScott, Thanks for the compliments bro. Yeah originally snapped a tensioner belt a while back. Then I shredded my Power Enterprise belt cause a bolt from my cam gear fell out and now I just chewed this oem belt up with a loose ground wire. FUN! It was nice to drive it though. I haven't driven it since last spring so it was good stuff.
                      Carlos
                      My Members Ride Page

Comment

ok enough with the chit chat. whats the diagnosis on the motor man. is it good or what?

Comment

Shadow1, no news as of yet. Been busy this week with work so I haven't had a chance to mess with it. I'll have a chance to mess with it later today(Saturday).
                          Carlos
                          My Members Ride Page

Comment

Originally posted by Accord SiR
                            Shadow1, no news as of yet. Been busy this week with work so I haven't had a chance to mess with it. I'll have a chance to mess with it later today(Saturday).

thank you. some good news. lol.

Comment

Shadow1, got in there on Saturday. Nothing but sheared timing belt and chips of aluminum from the cam gear which is fubared. So I have to order new gears and a timing belt and replace the tensioner spring cause it may be stretched out. I did get a chance to crank it manually by hand. No issues of valve to piston contact. It should be back on the road as soon as I get those parts in my grubby lil hands.
                              Carlos
                              My Members Ride Page

Comment

Dude! WTF happened? Sounds like you got away pretty easily though, whatever it was.

EDIT: Just read. Fucking timing belts.
                                Last edited by lowakkord; 02-10-2008, 08:11 PM.

JDMRIDES.ca

Comment

Working...
                                X