No announcement yet.

Cam : 1992 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a cb7 going around a circuit always brings a smile to my face.

Comment

Thanks Ronald. I spose its worth having another go at a teg one from the wreckers. Honda wants $280 for a new cb 4 disc one.
      Members Ride Thread

Comment

A couple of updates. Ended up biting the bullet and getting the brand new genuine integra 4040 prop valve. Dunno if it made a huge difference but it feels good knowing its a brand new part. Also installed a forbidden short shifter.

The next big thing is a ROH conversion and prelude upgrade. Got the acura hubs and new oem cb bearings shipped from the USA. Picked up the prelude calipers from the wreckers. Just waiting on the new rotors and pads to arrive. Funnily, the pads and rotors are the only parts actually made in Australia and they take the longest.
        Members Ride Thread

Comment

Finally got around to fitting the ROH conversion. Looks sweet but can't test it out until I get the car going again. Some major work going on.

- Stripping down the interior more. Got rid of carpet, heater core, blower unit, air con unit, stereo, heater controls.
          - New dash going in that is in better condition, manual cluster replacing the auto one still left over from the manual conversion
          - Major rewiring because of the dodgy job done by the previous owner.
          - Wiretuck, power steering delete, air con delete, slimline fans, egr block off, fitv blockoff

Probably more that I can't remember. Anyway, here's some progress pics.

Last edited by Cam; 05-06-2009, 07:10 AM.
          Members Ride Thread

Comment

Love this Car......PERIOD.

Comment

Hmmm im trying to figure out the valve cover..
              accordtypeR aka Seve aka The Godfather.

My Old Baby
              ....................My New Baby
              SOLD TO
              ..grumpy93, iceplaya123, slr_theking, tn_accords

Comment

hehe. Its pages ripped from an electronic engineering textbook. Its survived better than I expected but its looking a bit tatty now. You can see I've started peeling it off in those pics. Still thinking of something new to do to it.
                Members Ride Thread

Comment

Managed to get this stuff off my brother. He's a cabinet maker apprentice that works mainly on boat interiors. The boat they're working on atm is a maxi made entirely of carbon fibre. Hull and interior. Upside for me is free random offcuts. I'm going to use this stuff to make blanks for the stereo and heater controls.

Members Ride Thread

Comment

Did a bit more work on the engine loom today. Slow going but its starting to look pretty good.

Last edited by Cam; 05-16-2009, 05:29 AM.
                    Members Ride Thread

Comment

Finished the engine loom

Members Ride Thread

Comment

Some more work done. Started on the massive job of the interior wiring. Tidied up the passenger side a fair bit. Deleted a few control boxes and plugs/wiring that aren't needed:

- Deleted rear engine mount control box
                        - Deleted moon roof plug/wiring (don't have a moon roof)
                        - Deleted a heap of air con plugs and wires
                        - Started pulling out all the old auto transmission wiring

Wiring tidied up:

Wires and stuff I've pulled out from the interior so far:

Here's a pic of how the engine loom sits. Pretty much the only part of the loom that you can see. Which I guess is the idea.

Where it comes through the firewall.

The steering rack. Barbs on two lines looped up to a small reseviour. The other two I've used the original fittings and pulled the hose ends out. Then tapped the inside to M8 x 1.25 so I could just seel it with bolts. It was impossible to find bolts that fit the thread directly. You can see it is still leaking. Will probably need rubber bonded washers for the barb fittings.
                        Members Ride Thread

Comment

Updates from work done over this weekend. New prelude AEM V2 intake arrived on Friday too. G-Square grill on its way... Stay tuned.

How the engine bay sits atm

Some new super overkill bling hose clamps.

How the car has sat for about 3 months now.

Passenger side currently

Drivers side currently

Excess wire and bits pile. Slowly growing
                          Members Ride Thread

Comment

great work!

whats those blue badges in the engine bay? You have like 3 of them.

Comment

Can't wait to see it all put back together. Love it when people that already have a great car tear it apart to change things up. Dedication to motorsports at its best

Originally posted by Maple50175
                              Oh here we go again. Maples other half.

Comment

Thanks guys.

Originally posted by excalibur02 View Post
                                great work!

whats those blue badges in the engine bay? You have like 3 of them.
                                They're fricken mod plates. Issued by the state transport department. Not sure how it works over there but here, if you do any modifications you're supposed to get it approved by an engineer who then issues a mod plate. One is the import compliance plate (because it was a private import from japan), second is the engine and transmission conversion, third is for the drivers seat. After that I stopped caring so much. I'm going to relocate them so they aren't as obvious. Pain in the ass.
                                Members Ride Thread

Comment

Working...
                                X