No announcement yet.

Cam : 1992 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The two lines to the VSS are plugged and the other two that went to the pump etc have lines going to a T then to a reservoir. You saying the VSS ones need to loop too?
    Members Ride Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Cam View Post
      I know exactly what you mean. That's why mine blew out. I'd tidy up one section back to a certain point then find more cut wires etc and just keep going. Dunno if I'd bother if I started again.

Some examples of stuff the previous owner did:
      - No EGR hooked up
      - The solonoid on the charcoal canister wasn't hooked up
      - Intake air temp sensor not hooked up
      - Data connector to ECU not hooked up
      - CEL not hooked up (probably so you couldn't see all the fucking codes that it's throwing LOL)
      Damn thats a list like i said before take your time.
      accordtypeR aka Seve aka The Godfather.

My Old Baby
      ....................My New Baby
      SOLD TO
      ..grumpy93, iceplaya123, slr_theking, tn_accords

Comment

Wow....just, wow..

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=188155
        Bought from: ChampCoupe
        Sold to:Losiracer2

Comment

Originally posted by 91ExSedan View Post
          Wow....just, wow..
          Ta dude.

Pics from today:

My old auto to manual tranny mount. Was fitted by the previous owner. Looks like a custom job. Would have been done before any off the shelf parts were available. Not a bad job done. Sturdy as fuck, But the bushing is a bit dodgy and it looks like ass.

Here you can see the heater hose barb removed and replaced with an OEM seal bolt (the hex socket one). Same part # as the one above it.

New ESP rear engine mount with BB4 Auto rear engine bracket.

http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/3884/dscf5095.jpg

Engine side mount. Had to remove the stud that was on one side so I could get the mount in. Replaced with a bolt instead.

New tranny mount.

Intake manifold refitted with P2R heat shielding gasket. Also note my mate Dave's nice polish job on the manifold.
          Members Ride Thread

Comment

You guessed it. More updates.

9KG pile of excess wire that I just threw out.

Believe it or not this is just about all plugged back in and ready to test. Once I've tested that everything that should work works I'll start wrapping up the loom and running it permenantly.

New thermo fan (zip tie power). Overflow bottle will be moved and replaced with something smaller at some point.

How the engine bay sits now. Needs a good clean when I can get it out of the garage. New stuff here includes Samco rad hoses, heaps of new nuts and bolts, alternator refitted with shorter belt, new braided clutch line.

Temporary EGR blockoff plate until fruitloops gets his stuff off the ground.

New clutch hose at the master cylinder. Reservoir hose will be replaced too.
            Members Ride Thread

Comment

you need to clean that intake mani

remove coolant hoses
              run a catch can
              make block off plates

so far this bitch makes me cry like a little girl whenever she'd se barbie
              Originally posted by deevergote
              Just do what PR CB7 said.

"I'm Going For Wood" (Clickey Clickey)

Comment

you had alot of work going,came out looking good.nice job,everything working i hope.

Comment

Originally posted by PR CB7 View Post
                  you need to clean that intake mani

remove coolant hoses
                  run a catch can
                  make block off plates

so far this bitch makes me cry like a little girl whenever she'd se barbie
                  Yeah, waiting for fruitloops to make the fitv and iacv blockoffs. Will definitely use the fitv blockoff but want to get it running before deciding whether to get rid of the iacv. Probably won't use it.

Thanks for the comments guys.
                  Members Ride Thread

Comment

Yeah, waiting for fruitloops to make the fitv and iacv blockoffs. Will definitely use the fitv blockoff but want to get it running before deciding whether to get rid of the iacv. Probably won't use it.

Thanks for the comments guys.
                    you dont need to get rid of it, you can make a plate for it, leave it connected, just hide it

since you dont have A/C nor PS, just set your idle with the adjuster screw

Comment

wow some intense work! I like where your going. I started doing that on my coupe then I had a short some where. So since my coupe was converted to manual also I just put in all manual wiring and scrapped like 10 lbs of the automatic wiring.

Still havent done the wire tuck to it again. But your definitly motivating me.

Comment

Originally posted by PR CB7 View Post
                        you dont need to get rid of it, you can make a plate for it, leave it connected, just hide it

since you dont have A/C nor PS, just set your idle with the adjuster screw
                        Yeah sweet. I think I'll definitely do this.

Started the engine for the first time in about 4 months. First go starts and idles and revs fine.

Cluster is playing funny buggers though. Battery light is on, no temp gauge etc...
                        Members Ride Thread

Comment

Yeah sweet. I think I'll definitely do this.

Started the engine for the first time in about 4 months. First go starts and idles and revs fine.

Cluster is playing funny buggers though. Battery light is on, no temp gauge etc...
                          make sure you go thru any wiring you redid. might have crossed something or didnt hook up something.

Comment

Yeah. By the looks of things I may have deleted a ground or power to the cluster accidentally.
                            Members Ride Thread

Comment

Yeah. By the looks of things I may have deleted a ground or power to the cluster accidentally.

temp gauge color is straight red (dont know on rhd harness)

Comment

Ta. Yeah, it's the same. It has continuity all the way to the cluster but somehow still isn't working. Possibly a ground issue. Or the sensor, or gauge itself.
                                Members Ride Thread

Comment

Working...
                                X