Cam : 1992 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cam View Post
    Nup. Carpet is gone. The passenger seat, centre console, door steps and front door trims will be going back in. So it won't look as bare as it does now. Possibly getting rid of the sound deadening if I can get motivated too.
    So youre gonna ride around like that with all the wind noise ??
    accordtypeR aka Seve aka The Godfather.

My Old Baby
    ....................My New Baby
    SOLD TO
    ..grumpy93, iceplaya123, slr_theking, tn_accords

Comment

Originally posted by accordtypeR View Post
      So youre gonna ride around like that with all the wind noise ??
      Dunno if the carpet really stops much wind noise. But it probably does muffle a bit of noise. Car is for weekends and track so noise isn't an issue. If it was, removing the carpet would have been the least of my worries.

I've noticed alot more engine noise coming through the firewall but that's probably more to do with not covering all the holes like AC and wiring loom ones yet. Also the AC, heater cores etc probably all muffled noise. And the sound deadening of course. Which is gone.
      Members Ride Thread

Comment

Ok. I was wrong about the centre console being different. I forgot that I put the forbidden short shifter to the highest setting and it is hitting now. Is this a known issue? Will have a look around.

Edit: Ok found all the stuff about putting the shift bucket on the underside. Guess I'll have to do this... Carry on
        Last edited by Cam; 10-13-2009, 05:19 AM.
        Members Ride Thread

Comment

Some updates:

On holidays this week. Went camping for a few days and got back to find a few new goodies.

Received the Sparco CB Accord seat brackets and side mount brackets from LSD Motorsport. Modded my sliders a bit to fit and got the seat in this morning. There's something wrong with the sliders though. They're too stiff. I think there is too much side pressure on them from something.

3 Point strut bar from ESP. They had to modify the design for RHD. It's just a mirror image of the LHD ones.

Exhaust from LSD Motorsport again. This thing took 4 days from USA to my door. Fricken amazing.

Last edited by Cam; 11-26-2009, 08:39 AM.
          Members Ride Thread

Comment

nice updates, i see you're a little gutted o.O

Comment

Ta man. Yeah. Not much interior behind the front seats. Not much use for it.

Another photo from a few weeks back. Made up some blanks for the stereo and heater controls out of the cf offcuts I got ages ago. Really happy with the way they came out. Also pictured is the Works Bell wheel. Hasn't got the proper horn button on in that one though.

Members Ride Thread

Comment

^^^ Nice !!!!

My Old Baby
                SOLD TO

Comment

nice goodies.looking good.

Comment

Thanks fellas. It's getting there. Should be ready for a photoshoot early next year.
                    Members Ride Thread

Comment

nice car man!

Comment

Originally posted by zack_odom View Post
                        nice car man!
                        Thanks mate

Installed the ESP Strut bar a couple of weeks ago:

Then installed the WS2 on the weekend just gone. Had to cut and weld a flange onto the existing 2.5" piping. Dodgy ass welding. No leaks though.

Love the tip. Looks massive out of the car but it fills out the bumper cut out alot better than my old twinloop. Fit and finish of the whole system is very nice.

And the end result? Haven't heard it from the outside yet but I'm very happy with what I'm hearing from the inside. So much quieter, no rasp and a deeper tone. Makes driving the car alot more enjoyable now that I can give it a bit more without drawing as much attention.

Photoshoot coming soon.
                        Members Ride Thread

Comment

w00t! ESP has gone international!

The WS2 sounds amazing. I hate the size of the can, but I would love the sound in my car!

Comment

Looking good! What kind of shifter boot and knob is that?
                            1990 Accord EX

Comment

How much more...

My Old Baby
                              SOLD TO

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                                w00t! ESP has gone international!

The WS2 sounds amazing. I hate the size of the can, but I would love the sound in my car!
                                haha yeah. John has been very helpful getting some of his stuff to me. Even having to modify the design of the strut for RHD at no extra cost.

I have put off getting an exhaust for so long. I didn't like my old setup but it was liveable. I was just worried that anything new I got wouldn't sound any better. I'm so relieved that this seems to have lived up to my expectations.

Originally posted by Clean_4th gen View Post
                                Looking good! What kind of shifter boot and knob is that?
                                Thanks man. Boot is an EK9. Unstiched the frame around the bottom and made it fit. Knob is a Spoon Duracon. Missing the sticker. Should be getting a new knob soon. Spoon still. But shinier.

Originally posted by accordtypeR View Post
                                How much more...
                                hehe. Not much more to be done at this stage apart from lots of little tinkering. Main thing that I want to do still is some respraying. The roof and boot mainly. I've had the paint sitting there for a year now. Just need to get up the guts to give it a go.
                                Members Ride Thread

Comment

Working...
                                X