Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• accordtypeR
    replied
    Damn youre diong a major project there buddy..im curious to seen how everything is gonna be.

Leave a comment:

• NAiL05
    replied
    Looks like progress.

Leave a comment:

• Cam
    replied
    More bits

Leave a comment:

• Shadow1
    replied
    Originally posted by Cam View Post
    Update time. Not too many new pictures as there isn't much to see that has changed too much. Things that have happened and parts update:
    - Plugged up the heater hose port on the head with the honda seal bolt
    - Replaced vtec solonoid gasket
    - Finished stripping back interior wiring. Just need to extend some stuff and put it all back together now.
    - Decided to scrap the custom valve cover and ordered a brand new euro r valve cover. See pic.
    - AEM V2 arrived but needs a bit of reshaping because of damage in shipping
    - Virgin Manual p06 arrived. Installed IAB parts, added vtec and chipped.
    - Moates burn 2 and datalogging cable arrived
    - GSquare grill still in transit from Canada. Into the 6th week of it's sea voyage. (Fingers crossed it survives the journey)
    - ESP auto to manual engine mounts in transit from USA
    - P2R intake manifold gasket, Mugen reservoir covers and Mugen oil cap in transit from Sydney

I think that's about it for the moment. Shit is definitely happening.

starting to look good man

Leave a comment:

• Cam
    replied
    Update time. Not too many new pictures as there isn't much to see that has changed too much. Things that have happened and parts update:
    - Plugged up the heater hose port on the head with the honda seal bolt
    - Replaced vtec solonoid gasket
    - Finished stripping back interior wiring. Just need to extend some stuff and put it all back together now.
    - Decided to scrap the custom valve cover and ordered a brand new euro r valve cover. See pic.
    - AEM V2 arrived but needs a bit of reshaping because of damage in shipping
    - Virgin Manual p06 arrived. Installed IAB parts, added vtec and chipped.
    - Moates burn 2 and datalogging cable arrived
    - GSquare grill still in transit from Canada. Into the 6th week of it's sea voyage. (Fingers crossed it survives the journey)
    - ESP auto to manual engine mounts in transit from USA
    - P2R intake manifold gasket, Mugen reservoir covers and Mugen oil cap in transit from Sydney

I think that's about it for the moment. Shit is definitely happening.

Leave a comment:

• Cam
    replied
    Thanks guys.

Originally posted by excalibur02 View Post
    great work!

whats those blue badges in the engine bay? You have like 3 of them.
    They're fricken mod plates. Issued by the state transport department. Not sure how it works over there but here, if you do any modifications you're supposed to get it approved by an engineer who then issues a mod plate. One is the import compliance plate (because it was a private import from japan), second is the engine and transmission conversion, third is for the drivers seat. After that I stopped caring so much. I'm going to relocate them so they aren't as obvious. Pain in the ass.

Leave a comment:

• Tnwagn
    replied
    Can't wait to see it all put back together. Love it when people that already have a great car tear it apart to change things up. Dedication to motorsports at its best

Leave a comment:

• excalibur02
    replied
    great work!

whats those blue badges in the engine bay? You have like 3 of them.

Leave a comment:

• Cam
    replied
    Updates from work done over this weekend. New prelude AEM V2 intake arrived on Friday too. G-Square grill on its way... Stay tuned.

How the engine bay sits atm

Some new super overkill bling hose clamps.

How the car has sat for about 3 months now.

Passenger side currently

Drivers side currently

Excess wire and bits pile. Slowly growing

Leave a comment:

• Cam
    replied
    Some more work done. Started on the massive job of the interior wiring. Tidied up the passenger side a fair bit. Deleted a few control boxes and plugs/wiring that aren't needed:

- Deleted rear engine mount control box
    - Deleted moon roof plug/wiring (don't have a moon roof)
    - Deleted a heap of air con plugs and wires
    - Started pulling out all the old auto transmission wiring

Wiring tidied up:

Wires and stuff I've pulled out from the interior so far:

Here's a pic of how the engine loom sits. Pretty much the only part of the loom that you can see. Which I guess is the idea.

Where it comes through the firewall.

The steering rack. Barbs on two lines looped up to a small reseviour. The other two I've used the original fittings and pulled the hose ends out. Then tapped the inside to M8 x 1.25 so I could just seel it with bolts. It was impossible to find bolts that fit the thread directly. You can see it is still leaking. Will probably need rubber bonded washers for the barb fittings.

Leave a comment:

• Cam
    replied
    Finished the engine loom

Leave a comment:

• Cam
    replied
    Did a bit more work on the engine loom today. Slow going but its starting to look pretty good.

Last edited by Cam; 05-16-2009, 05:29 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Cam
    replied
    Managed to get this stuff off my brother. He's a cabinet maker apprentice that works mainly on boat interiors. The boat they're working on atm is a maxi made entirely of carbon fibre. Hull and interior. Upside for me is free random offcuts. I'm going to use this stuff to make blanks for the stereo and heater controls.

Leave a comment:

• Cam
    replied
    hehe. Its pages ripped from an electronic engineering textbook. Its survived better than I expected but its looking a bit tatty now. You can see I've started peeling it off in those pics. Still thinking of something new to do to it.

Leave a comment:

• accordtypeR
    replied
    Hmmm im trying to figure out the valve cover..

Leave a comment:

Working...
X