• Show
Clear All

• J'SR@C3R1_818
    replied
    Love this Car......PERIOD.

Leave a comment:

• Cam
    replied
    Finally got around to fitting the ROH conversion. Looks sweet but can't test it out until I get the car going again. Some major work going on.

- Stripping down the interior more. Got rid of carpet, heater core, blower unit, air con unit, stereo, heater controls.
    - New dash going in that is in better condition, manual cluster replacing the auto one still left over from the manual conversion
    - Major rewiring because of the dodgy job done by the previous owner.
    - Wiretuck, power steering delete, air con delete, slimline fans, egr block off, fitv blockoff

Probably more that I can't remember. Anyway, here's some progress pics.

Last edited by Cam; 05-06-2009, 07:10 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Cam
    replied
    A couple of updates. Ended up biting the bullet and getting the brand new genuine integra 4040 prop valve. Dunno if it made a huge difference but it feels good knowing its a brand new part. Also installed a forbidden short shifter.

The next big thing is a ROH conversion and prelude upgrade. Got the acura hubs and new oem cb bearings shipped from the USA. Picked up the prelude calipers from the wreckers. Just waiting on the new rotors and pads to arrive. Funnily, the pads and rotors are the only parts actually made in Australia and they take the longest.

Leave a comment:

• Cam
    replied
    Thanks Ronald. I spose its worth having another go at a teg one from the wreckers. Honda wants $280 for a new cb 4 disc one.

Leave a comment:

• ikayto
    replied
    a cb7 going around a circuit always brings a smile to my face.

Leave a comment:

• Ronald_Type-R
    replied
    Nope, it fit very well..I did end up stripping one of the brake lines connected to the prop valve when I wanted to take the old one out tho..Just watch for that one hard line that comes in from underneath the prop valve and then bends back 180 degree before getting screwed on to the prop valve (Right Front hard line to be exact)..I think it's just the way it's assembled, the U-shape makes it push itself against the prop valve, so I guess it became very tight after 18 years or so? Anyways, I hope I'm making some sense at least..Bottom line, just be careful when loosening the hardlines that connect to the prop valve When I stripped mine it took a good 10hrs just to replace that one hard line sigh

Car looks amazing as always..I'm so jealous of those Enkeis

Ronald

Leave a comment:

• Cam
    replied
    Rim was repaired well. Just some paint discolouration where they heated it up and the lip was ground back a fair bit.

Improved my time at the track by another 0.5s today. Need to do some serious brake work though. Starting with a new prop valve. Either a teg 4040 or just a cb 4 disc one.

I might start a thread, but when people have done the teg 4040 swap and you took it apart to fit the accord bracket did you have any issues with leakage or going back together properly?

Leave a comment:

• Cam
    replied
    Originally posted by lonski
    OMG!!! Am I reading it right?! 16s RPO1s?!!
    hehe yeah. I was pretty happy to find them. Exactly the right size. Only paid $600 aud. Really good condition.... at least until I got hold of them

Only one got damaged, its going to the doctor today actually. See what they can do.

Yeah, I've got the track bug now. Kinda gives the car some purpose.

Thanks for the comments.

Leave a comment:

• cb4_honda
    replied
    nice cb bro .. thos wheels look amazing ..

Leave a comment:

• blizzard335
    replied
    ow mate, you buckled the enkeis?

hope they are fixable

anyways, awesome pics, looks like you had fun

Leave a comment:

• Cam
    replied
    Radiator pics:

Leave a comment:

• Cam
    replied
    hehe yeah. Probably about 100km/h (~60mph). It's not too bad, tyre still holds pressure. Thumbs up for Enkei I guess. Still want to see if it can be repaired though. Time improvements on street tyres will be a bit slower from here on I think.

Have quite a few plans for the future since taking on the track. Want to do more brake work. ROH with prelude discs etc. m2b4 gearbox. Current one has really long gears. Better engine mounts. Then start on the engine.

Leave a comment:

• Shadow1
    replied
    Originally posted by Cam View Post
    Thanks dude.

Took it out again today. Good news: Improved my time by 2.5s. Bad new: Buckled a rim Went off the track at pretty high speed and hit the edge of the ripple strip. Might put up a video sometime.

nice and dag man. sorry to hear that. how fast were you going? and you improved your time by 2.5s man. thats really good in my eyes. doing that on a track is hard. good work any plans for the future?

Leave a comment:

• Cam
    replied
    Thanks dude.

Took it out again today. Good news: Improved my time by 2.5s. Bad new: Buckled a rim Went off the track at pretty high speed and hit the edge of the ripple strip. Might put up a video sometime.

Leave a comment:

• Tnwagn
    replied
    Wow, pics look great and thumbs up for making it to the track.

Your car is great because it makes a statement while keeping it simple.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X