X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the car looks sweet im jealous of it being RHD
    whats up with the valve cover?

Comment

I said it before and I will saw again that one nice cb...
      accordtypeR aka Seve aka The Godfather.

My Old Baby
      ....................My New Baby
      SOLD TO
      ..grumpy93, iceplaya123, slr_theking, tn_accords

Comment

Car is clean man. Nice job on the valve cover

The New-ish Ride
        My old Ride
        Hear my Vtak!!!
        MK3 Member #3
        I piss off people for fun.
        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Nice and clean ride!
          600HP" 1990 ACCORD LX COUPE COMING SOON

CLICK HERE TO VIEW MY 1990 CB7

Comment

Thanks for all the comments guys.

Just a question though. Why do so many people love RHD? Is it simply because it's jdm?

Thanks for all the comments on the valve cover. I've had a lot of haters on my "home" forum. ozhonda. Like... HOLY SHIT MAN THAT'S GOING TO EXPLODE. Or "fashion over function".

I know most peoples reaction at first glance would be. Paper + heat = fire. But I think with the techniques we used it is fairly safe. Even so I keep a very close eye on it.

The cover was already painted in red wrinkle paint that I did a while back. I shaved the lettering with an angle grinder. Simply left the red paint on there because I figured it would provide a better surface for it to stick to. The glue is pva/water rather than traditional flour/water paper mache glue. It is then covered with a number of coats of clear acrylic.

I used paper with electronics equations and things on it since that is related to my degree/proffession.
            Members Ride Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Cam
              Thanks for all the comments guys.

Just a question though. Why do so many people love RHD? Is it simply because it's jdm?

Thanks for all the comments on the valve cover. I've had a lot of haters on my "home" forum. ozhonda. Like... HOLY SHIT MAN THAT'S GOING TO EXPLODE. Or "fashion over function".

I know most peoples reaction at first glance would be. Paper + heat = fire. But I think with the techniques we used it is fairly safe. Even so I keep a very close eye on it.

The cover was already painted in red wrinkle paint that I did a while back. I shaved the lettering with an angle grinder. Simply left the red paint on there because I figured it would provide a better surface for it to stick to. The glue is pva/water rather than traditional flour/water paper mache glue. It is then covered with a number of coats of clear acrylic.

I used paper with electronics equations and things on it since that is related to my degree/proffession.
              Man the ride is very hot..... The VC deal is a first for me.... But I like it a lot. I think most like RHD because it is not norm on the streets in the US..... You may see a few, but not like 20 to 30 at a time.... Just my 0.02 Keep that ride looking clean bro

My Members Ride Thread ( Do It )

Comment

hey, cam,... very nice cb u have there. CB3 i suppose, like mine.

your cb came from japan recond,... mine's locally assembled. So, no "_dm" for me.

But one difference is yours have a h22 put in. Mine's a stock F20a sohc, way inferior compared to what u guys have here in cb7tuner. It's only got abt 58000kms on it, no mess, no trouble, so i'm gona keep it the way it is for the moment.

talking abt lhd/rhd,... mmm,... i cant imagine myself shifting with my right hand too.

see you around,...
                sigh, still havent got my member's thread created.
                my '92 m'siaDM CB3 EXi
                my '89 JDM CB3 EXi

my '98 JDM CF4 SiR

Comment

awesome ride dude

i love that valve cover!

Comment

looks good.
                    My H22A SWAP JOURNAL

Members Ride

Comment

Originally posted by fobs
                      hey, cam,... very nice cb u have there. CB3 i suppose, like mine.

your cb came from japan recond,... mine's locally assembled. So, no "_dm" for me.

But one difference is yours have a h22 put in. Mine's a stock F20a sohc, way inferior compared to what u guys have here in cb7tuner. It's only got abt 58000kms on it, no mess, no trouble, so i'm gona keep it the way it is for the moment.

talking abt lhd/rhd,... mmm,... i cant imagine myself shifting with my right hand too.

see you around,...
                      sigh, still havent got my member's thread created.

wow there's people from all over.

Yep mine has the f20a stamped on the chassis plate. So it had to be converted from carby to fuel injected for the h22a too.

58000k's is really low. If I had one that low I reackon I'd be keeping it pretty stock too. Mines done just under 250000k's on the chassis and about 120 on the engine I think.

Thanks for the comments guys.
                      Members Ride Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Cam
                        wow there's people from all over.

Yep mine has the f20a stamped on the chassis plate. So it had to be converted from carby to fuel injected for the h22a too.

58000k's is really low. If I had one that low I reackon I'd be keeping it pretty stock too. Mines done just under 250000k's on the chassis and about 120 on the engine I think.

Thanks for the comments guys.
                        f20a, mine says ma2a5,... local term for the engine. the H is popular here in malaysia and all over the world!!! but i'm keeping mine almost stock.

if i really want the vtec,... might as well get a prelude with the h22a inside.

and you're right,... we have asian people from thailand, taiwan, malaysia,... here. Any other asian countries???
                        my '92 m'siaDM CB3 EXi
                        my '89 JDM CB3 EXi

my '98 JDM CF4 SiR

Comment

Bit of an update.

Went to a dyno day today. Made 116.3 kw. I was pretty happy with that. Got more than a couple of b18cr's and even a couple of k's. Got a fair bit better results than the only other two h22a's there aswell. I think they got 105 and 104.

Can anyone make any helpful comments regarding the graph?

Random Pic:

Secondly I installed the rear slotted rotors and SSY pads. Holy crap. Huge difference. Pedal feel is a lot more firm and tyres lock up way easier. So I'll have to get used to them a bit. And that's with only the rear's changed. Front rotors are paid for so hopefully they should be here soon.
                          Members Ride Thread

Comment

Long time no update.

After spending a week installing the front rotors and pads the car started up and was smoking everywhere. After weeks of not having much money and trying to figure out what's wrong with it I'm fairly sure that it was sucking brake fluid through the booster and burning it.

So when I can, new BMC and booster is on the cards. While it's been dead the oil light has also started coming on. So I need to look into that too.

HOWEVER. These finally arrived the other day. Look pretty good. Nice and sturdy.

Members Ride Thread

Comment

In response to your dyno graph...

116.3Kw is only about 155.9hp... You should be making considerably more than that! Typically, a JDM H22 should put down between 125 and 127 Kw (165-170hp)
                              Of course, that could depend on the dyno as well. If you rated higher than other H22s and some Type R B18s, then perhaps it's a low reading dyno.

The car looks great as usual though!

I never realized Megan Racing made rear arms for our cars... I'll need to get me some! I wish they made ajdustible front upper control arms as well...

Comment

just sick man sick
                                93 accord: F22A swap,T3/T4 turbo, tail wastegate, front mount 27x13x3, hks turbo timer, turbo xs boost controller, msd igintion, 3in downpipe, crane cam 11mm plug wires, denso plugs, no ac or ps,wire tuck, cutted insides, one seat, auto meter boost gauge,oil pressure, a/f,and 5 in tach,act clutch and flywheel.

93 prelude: jdm headlights,OEM carbon fiber hood, tein lowering springs, work racing rims with kumho tires, msd wires and denso plugs,type r shift boot

Comment

Working...
                                X