No announcement yet.

Cam : 1992 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Even legends die. What an absolute shame.

You did some top notch work to that car. A very sad ending to see such a clean shell sent to the wreckers. We would give a left nut for that over here.

Good luck with your future endeavors.

Comment

May that car go down in history as being one of the most beautiful cbs I have seen...such a shame to see it go like that may the car rest in peace.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=189897 MRT
      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...09#post3003309 EF hatch build

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow1 View Post
        sad to see such a beauty go man. and i feel ya. when i had my CB, i had no P/S and no A/C. all for less weight off the crank to free up power. then summer came. ugh....hot. when it rained, the windows fogged up. i couldnt take it. i needed something with A/C. for the heat and when the windows fogged up.

well now i have a CG('01 accord). haha. and love it.

congrats on the new car tho man
        Originally posted by crazymikey View Post
        Even legends die. What an absolute shame.

You did some top notch work to that car. A very sad ending to see such a clean shell sent to the wreckers. We would give a left nut for that over here.

Good luck with your future endeavors.
        Originally posted by redlined302 View Post
        May that car go down in history as being one of the most beautiful cbs I have seen...such a shame to see it go like that may the car rest in peace.
        Thanks for the kind words guys. It was a journey and a half for sure. I'm really happy I got it to the stage that I did. It was always a struggle trying to get parts for it over here. Most of the big parts had to come from the USA with massive shipping costs etc. But I don't regret it at all.

I did try and sell the car whole, but I didn't get much interest and I was a bit hesitant about some of the interest I did get. In the end I decided I'd much rather take it apart myself than see it get run into the ground by someone that doesn't appreciate the amount of work gone into it.

I would have loved to see it go to an enthusiast from these forums but it wasn't to be. At least some of the parts have gone to members here already.
        Members Ride Thread

Comment

I'm sad to see it go! I actually have the calendar picture of your car hanging on my wall right now!

I can totally understand not wanting to see the car run into the ground. I have one friend on here that crashed his car, and rather than attempt to sell it as a repairable shell, he let it get dragged off as scrap. Another sold his car to a kid that managed to ruin it in about a month... and he regrets that decision to this day!
          At least your car was yours until the end of its life!

You know you're always welcome around here, CB or not.

Comment

^ amen to that. I learned the hard way when I sold my SE all done up and 3 weeks later the guy smashed it up.

Comment

Working...
            X