• Show
Clear All

• MikeW
    replied
    Originally posted by Tnwagn View Post
    Uh-oh, what's that all about?
    ...your wheels flying off at 70 mph on the freeway
    Well, almost. Threads came out of the lugs. I had to hobble to MNdude's house on 2 donuts then i picked up a set of Std lugs and now im rolling on borrowed steelies.

Leave a comment:

• Tnwagn
    replied
    Originally posted by greencb7inkc View Post
    >.>
    <.<

Uh-oh, what's that all about

Leave a comment:

• MikeW
    replied
    >.>
    <.<

Leave a comment:

• Tnwagn
    replied
    Definitely man. You don't want your wheels flying off at 70 mph on the freeway

Leave a comment:

• MikeW
    replied
    I'm just using the OE open lugs. Gotta be careful with that because the ITR's use the acorn style seating unlike the conical style of most tuner lugs. I've seen people use tuner lugs with the ITR's but I wouldn't recommend it unless they have the acorn style seat.
    Good to know. I was gonna pick up a set of conical lugs, but now ill look for the acorn style, if not, ill stick with OE style.

Leave a comment:

• Tnwagn
    replied
    Originally posted by kamaccord View Post
    I'm looking into the Skunk2 and D2 coilovers. The Skunk2s have various spring rates for the rear opposed to the standard 6 its seam most others only offer with the exception of Tein.
    D2's are very nice in terms of quality. I'm not exactly sure about the build quality of the Skunk2's but if custom is what you want for a low price then I think that's probably your best bet. The Koni/GC is also a great custom solution, but you pay a premium (then again, it's worth it).

Leave a comment:

• kamaccord
    replied
    I have the first generation Type II's. They ride great if you aren't very low however they get much worse the lower you go.

With my 15" wheels, a no finger gap in the rear, and a 2 finger gap in the front the ride is somewhat bumpy but bearable. When they are completely lowered out (Tucking tire in both front and rear) the ride is super bouncy.

However, I've never ridden on anything else so I don't really have anything to compare this to other than the stock setup.

I'd recommend them for sure but given the prices of the newer version Type II's I'd also suggest looking into a Koni/GC setup as it is just about the best money can buy and only costs a little more.

I'm looking into the Skunk2 and D2 coilovers. The Skunk2s have various spring rates for the rear opposed to the standard 6 its seam most others only offer with the exception of Tein.

Leave a comment:

• Tnwagn
    replied
    Originally posted by kamaccord View Post
    How are the function 1 coilovers? I have been looking various coilovers. I may be upgrading soon.
    I have the first generation Type II's. They ride great if you aren't very low however they get much worse the lower you go.

With my 15" wheels, a no finger gap in the rear, and a 2 finger gap in the front the ride is somewhat bumpy but bearable. When they are completely lowered out (Tucking tire in both front and rear) the ride is super bouncy.

However, I've never ridden on anything else so I don't really have anything to compare this to other than the stock setup.

I'd recommend them for sure but given the prices of the newer version Type II's I'd also suggest looking into a Koni/GC setup as it is just about the best money can buy and only costs a little more.

Leave a comment:

• kamaccord
    replied
    How are the function 1 coilovers? I have been looking various coilovers. I may be upgrading soon.

Leave a comment:

• Tnwagn
    replied
    Originally posted by greencb7inkc View Post
    Did you pick up any lugs for the Extended studs, or are you just running factory open lugs...

Im looking at getting a set of ARP studs as well, but IDK if i wanna get some purrdy extended lugs or just use OE ones.
    I'm just using the OE open lugs. Gotta be careful with that because the ITR's use the acorn style seating unlike the conical style of most tuner lugs. I've seen people use tuner lugs with the ITR's but I wouldn't recommend it unless they have the acorn style seat.

Originally posted by JoshM View Post
    You know you wanna put that Nikon to use.
    Originally posted by slick View Post
    we all know he wants to
    I keep it busy enough without the car shots. Too bad I'm still not improving very much I think I need to start critiquing myself more or take some classes for this shit.

Originally posted by vietkid_2006 View Post
    you have a nice ass wagon. but i lol'd when i read this

"JDM Chargespeed Wagon Wing Fell off on the highway"
    Thanks man, and I know, I kind of laugh about it now even as unfortunate/stupid it was.

Leave a comment:

• vietkid_2006
    replied
    you have a nice ass wagon. but i lol'd when i read this

"JDM Chargespeed Wagon Wing Fell off on the highway"

Leave a comment:

• slick
    replied
    Originally posted by JoshM View Post
    we all know he wants to

Leave a comment:

• JoshM
    replied
    I'll see what I can do

Leave a comment:

• MikeW
    replied
    Did you pick up any lugs for the Extended studs, or are you just running factory open lugs...

Im looking at getting a set of ARP studs as well, but IDK if i wanna get some purrdy extended lugs or just use OE ones.

Leave a comment:

• Tnwagn
    replied
    Originally posted by slick View Post
    thats good now get some good pics up
    I'll see what I can do

Leave a comment:

Working...
X