Tnwagn : 1991 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Joshs92ex View Post
    He's getting the new lip in Memphis from Slick.
    So, I'm sure we can put the new lip on down in Memphis before we get to IA.
    Sounds good, hopefully it's alright with him. But, I'm not going to meet you all in Memphis, I'm just going straight to the meet site as I have a long drive and don't want to have to wake up at 4 in the morning. I'll just do it there, it's no big deal to put on a lip.

Originally posted by slick View Post
    thats nice looking. there is a guy on here who did it just like your going to.
    Yeah, I haven't been able to find any kind of shroud like that guy did but I did find the range covers. I figure the stock TSX chrome shroud piece should be fine with it.

Originally posted by CB7_ACCORD View Post
    I love the size of tires I have now....

-those ITR's will really turn your wagon into a beautiful hottie
    Thanks, I hope they set it off real nice. Jarhead's wagon looks pretty pimp with the ITR's so I hope mine looks just as good.

Originally posted by gloryaccordy View Post
    Big azz hubcaps
    Pff, you know.

That's how real ballerz do it in the south

Big azz hubcaps and shiznit

Originally posted by Maple50175
    Oh here we go again. Maples other half.

Comment

Shitty Alabama Highways + Bouncing suspension + Inadequate mounting on the Chargespeed wing = fuck my life

Comment

Originally posted by Tnwagn View Post
        Shitty Alabama Highways + Bouncing suspension + Inadequate mounting on the Chargespeed wing = fuck my life

You didn't break it, did you?

1999 BMW M3
        2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
        2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
        2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

man i hope not

Comment

You have a nice wagon, i'm surprised, these wagons are so big, you got room for everything, these subs should sound crazy ! Nice car bro!

Comment

just got in touch with greg and yes its true. the wing fell off. shit man sorry bro. i will keep my eyes open for ya

Comment

Originally posted by JARHEAD293 View Post
                man i hope not
                Fell off while going 65 on the highway. I'll check later today if there are any pieces left on the side of the road. It was my own fault, I was only relying on the double sided tape to hold it on there. It held fine all yesterday. Oh well, you live and you learn

Originally posted by Hondapawa View Post
                You have a nice wagon, i'm surprised, these wagons are so big, you got room for everything, these subs should sound crazy ! Nice car bro!
                Thanks, the subs aren't actually that great. My Pioneer's spoiled me in terms of SQL. The Sony's are just meh

Comment

Originally posted by Tnwagn View Post
                  Fell off while going 65 on the highway. I'll check later today if there are any pieces left on the side of the road. It was my own fault, I was only relying on the double sided tape to hold it on there. It held fine all yesterday. Oh well, you live and you learn

That sucks!
                  But, you should have known better about the ddouble sided tape...

Hopefully you get it all back together.
                  Then paint it, and bolt that mo'fo' on TIGHT.

1999 BMW M3
                  2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
                  2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
                  2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

that wing had screws along with a small bracket and of course the double sided tape.

Comment

Originally posted by JARHEAD293 View Post
                      that wing had screws along with a small bracket and of course the double sided tape.
                      When I got it there were no brackets or screws. Still, should have known better.

That sucks!
                      But, you should have known better about the ddouble sided tape...

Hopefully you get it all back together.
                      Then paint it, and bolt that mo'fo' on TIGHT.
                      We shall see.

Comment

I've become highly displeased with my car. This is for a number of reasons. First, the ride height. I lowered my car as much as I possibly could for the meet this weekend and I thought it looked great. However, the car rides like absolute shit. I mean, not just bouncy, but bouncy to the point where I am afraid for my life. To be honest, my back is killing me right now from the 20 minute ride back from work. And keep in mind, this is using a full blown high dollar coilover system, not shitty ebay parts. If my car bounces like it does with Type II's I don't know how people with eBay coilovers drive and not die. Meanwhile, civics will drive by me in their cars and be at stock height and not much higher than me. Therefore, I'm raising my car WAY up and it's going to stay like that for a long time. I will lower it SOME for meets and such, but it's not worth sacrificing my enjoyment of driving the car.

Second, I feel like this car has *somewhat* of a limited potential. Sure, there are a million things I can do and parts I could buy and what-not, but at the end of the day, this car is an Accord wagon that weighs about 3 grand loaded with me in it. If I wanted to drive fast, I'd buy a civic coupe or hatch and drive that. I know my car is unique, and that's one reason why this ISN'T a "I'm getting out of the game" post. This is more of a "I'm rethinking the game" post. At this point in my life I see that there are many things far more important than building up this car. At the same time, I am DEFINITELY going to stay in the game and keep working with this platform. Most likely, this car will become the daily driver and I'll pick up some other car to mess around with. It will probably be a civic because of the massive amounts of parts available. I'm never going to leave the site (duh) and I'll continue to help up when I can. That being said, don't expect to see 10+ posts a day from me.

Cliffnotes:

1) Car pisses me off
                        2) Done with a lowered wagon
                        3) Keeping the car as a daily
                        4) Don't ask to buy any of my parts

Last edited by Tnwagn; 10-13-2008, 05:25 PM.

Comment

Well George, you could always trade your wagon for a 1992 Arcadia Green Honda Accord EX.

Sorry that you're having second thoughts about the wagon.
                          I'm sure they'll pass though.

Ever thought of replacing your F2's with a good shock/spring combo?
                          You wouldn't be able to go as low, but you'll definitely have a "softer" ride.

1999 BMW M3
                          2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
                          2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
                          2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Well George, you could always trade your wagon for a 1992 Arcadia Green Honda Accord EX.
                            Fuck that

Sorry that you're having second thoughts about the wagon.
                            I'm sure they'll pass though.

Ever thought of replacing your F2's with a good shock/spring combo?
                            You wouldn't be able to go as low, but you'll definitely have a "softer" ride.
                            Hmm, haven't really thought about that. I will have to check around and see what's available. I remember being set on the SuperCup kit back in the day. Maybe that's what I need. To be completely honest, I think it has to do with the fact that it's a wagon. I know riding dumped makes your ride quality suffer, but I've been in CB's pretty damn low and they didn't seem as bad as mine does. Then again, I'm talking about Alabama highways, which have to be the shittiest roads ever made. I think ancient Rome had better roads than this place does

Comment

ah bull hockey. so are you still going to do the retro on the car or not? i understand about being low. im on an ok suspension and the parking lot at my work licks balls. i swear one of the pot holes i could lose my car in if i hit it.

how low did you actually set it? and whats it normally set at?
                              Maple50175 - you're annoying =P
                              Brandoncb7 - I don't mean to come across like an ass but I see why you irritate Aaron now.
                              JoshM - Crotch rocket = chick magnet.

Comment

damn man , bad day bro. i used to have teins and i hated them. i had the freakin $800 setup, but to get my wagon, it would ride liek shit. now i have kyb gr2s with dropzone coilovers and it rides awesome. no bouncing, not stiff, just smooth. anyways give it a few days and you'll get back into it

Comment

Working...
                                X