Tnwagn : 1991 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by slick View Post
    ah bull hockey. so are you still going to do the retro on the car or not? i understand about being low. im on an ok suspension and the parking lot at my work licks balls. i swear one of the pot holes i could lose my car in if i hit it.

how low did you actually set it? and whats it normally set at?
    For the meet I had it maxed out at the lowest level possible both in the front and the rear. I usually ride around about an inch above that daily. I currently have it set about and inch higher than that in the front and about half an incher higher than I used to in the back. How I have it set know looks a little 4x4 to me but it rides so much smother.

Originally posted by JARHEAD293 View Post
    damn man , bad day bro. i used to have teins and i hated them. i had the freakin $800 setup, but to get my wagon, it would ride liek shit. now i have kyb gr2s with dropzone coilovers and it rides awesome. no bouncing, not stiff, just smooth. anyways give it a few days and you'll get back into it
    Yeah, I don't think coilovers and wagons like each other too much. I'll have to figure out how low I can ride with what I've got at a comfortable level and then make a decision whether to keep or go for a real nice spring/shock system (or dropzones like you did).

Originally posted by Maple50175
    Oh here we go again. Maples other half.

Comment

george trust me man. i have been doing wagon suspension for years. had them all. and this set up works great for the weight of our wagons, and man mine is dropped, and trunk full of parts(tranny) and even driving with big ass gemini in it,lol. still runs great

Comment

we could just trade suspension

i have kyb gr2 stutrs and eibach sportline springs

i think if i was you i would just go with a really good shock and spring combo
        Maple50175 - you're annoying =P
        Brandoncb7 - I don't mean to come across like an ass but I see why you irritate Aaron now.
        JoshM - Crotch rocket = chick magnet.

Comment

Originally posted by Tnwagn View Post
          Fell off while going 65 on the highway. I'll check later today if there are any pieces left on the side of the road. It was my own fault, I was only relying on the double sided tape to hold it on there. It held fine all yesterday. Oh well, you live and you learn

Thanks, the subs aren't actually that great. My Pioneer's spoiled me in terms of SQL. The Sony's are just meh
          OK! , i wonder if a wagon is better for a sound system than a sedan or coupe !?

Comment

so sorry to hear about the Wing. cant believe there wasnt even 1 pc still there.
            Last edited by tommi; 10-13-2008, 09:38 PM.
            <

(129)Transactions and counting

Comment

george trust me man. i have been doing wagon suspension for years. had them all. and this set up works great for the weight of our wagons, and man mine is dropped, and trunk full of parts(tranny) and even driving with big ass gemini in it,lol. still runs great
              There isn't anyone I'd trust more than you when it comes to modding wagons Felipe! I'll definitely look into that combo if you say it rides good even with gemini in the car

Originally posted by slick View Post
              we could just trade suspension

i have kyb gr2 stutrs and eibach sportline springs

i think if i was you i would just go with a really good shock and spring combo
              I don't know about that. I'm more of a guy that replaces, not trades. Especially with something like this. Don't think I want to get ride of the Type II's if I ever get a sedan or coupe

Originally posted by Hondapawa View Post
              OK! , i wonder if a wagon is better for a sound system than a sedan or coupe !?
              Yes, wagons are baller for sound systems. Check further back in this MR thread and you'll see my fiberglass box. That ish was dope.

Originally posted by tommi View Post
              so sorry to hear about the Wing. cant believe there wasnt even 1 pc still there.
              Yeah, I bet some tuner passed by and scooped it up

Comment

Come on man, don't let one day ruin everything. Your wagon is coming along nicely, no point in stopping now. I agree with you about the roads here. They're horrible and they don't even take the time to fix them, instead they're worried about building a pointless dome in a city that doesn't even have a professinal team or a team good enough for one. Come ride around in my neighborhood. They pave an entire street every year, hell, they just got done paving one right by my house.

I understand how you feel about the accords. No matter what you do, it's still an accord. It's not just the wagons man, my sedan is barely under 3k but with me in it, it goes over that mark and we're pretty much the same in height/weight. Civics are nice but everyone and their mama got one down here. Just think of it like this, why make the wagon a daily when it has the potential to be one(and pretty much the only one I seen) of the best wagons down here. No one really cares for accords down here, so why not step the game up on the civics/integras and make them respect yours as an equal. That's why I haven't given up on the accord. I thought about it, but why give in when it's better to make them take notice and not be "just another accord".

Stick with the wagon man. Civics aren't "fast"... they just look like it when they're lowered Anyway, how did the meet go? You take pics?
                [IMG]http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u105/akona21/cb2-2.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Originally posted by AG17CB7 View Post
                  Come on man, don't let one day ruin everything. Your wagon is coming along nicely, no point in stopping now. I agree with you about the roads here. They're horrible and they don't even take the time to fix them, instead they're worried about building a pointless dome in a city that doesn't even have a professinal team or a team good enough for one. Come ride around in my neighborhood. They pave an entire street every year, hell, they just got done paving one right by my house.

I understand how you feel about the accords. No matter what you do, it's still an accord. It's not just the wagons man, my sedan is barely under 3k but with me in it, it goes over that mark and we're pretty much the same in height/weight. Civics are nice but everyone and their mama got one down here. Just think of it like this, why make the wagon a daily when it has the potential to be one(and pretty much the only one I seen) of the best wagons down here. No one really cares for accords down here, so why not step the game up on the civics/integras and make them respect yours as an equal. That's why I haven't given up on the accord. I thought about it, but why give in when it's better to make them take notice and not be "just another accord".

Stick with the wagon man. Civics aren't "fast"... they just look like it when they're lowered Anyway, how did the meet go? You take pics?
                  Very well put, I and see what you're saying. I'm not getting out of the game, just trying to rethink things and see what I've got. I'm still going to have to get another car either way, whether the wagon becomes my daily or not.

Yeah, I took about 300 pictures at the meet and about 100 turned out worth saving. The lighting was odd because of the constant changing overcast mist, so I took multiple shots of everything. I'm in the process of editing them and I'll have the posted probably tomorrow.

Comment

Check out the other pics from this past weekend's meet here
                    Last edited by Tnwagn; 12-11-2008, 10:13 PM.

Comment

^^^
                      Sex.

1999 BMW M3
                      2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
                      2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
                      2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Damn, that H22 powered Odyssey is PIMP.

1999 BMW M3
                        2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
                        2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
                        2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Originally posted by Joshs92ex View Post
                          ^^^
                          Sex.
                          Thanks

Originally posted by Joshs92ex View Post
                          Damn, that H22 powered Odyssey is PIMP.
                          YEAH IT WAS!!! Funny thing, that is driven by the guy popping the hood in the picture's WIFE. He drive a pink civic No joke

Comment

wagon looks sick dropped man

Comment

wagon looks sick dropped man
                              Thanks Felipe! Too bad it rides like trash at that height. Oh well, still looks good lowered where it is right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Tnwagn View Post

Check out the other pics from this past weekend's meet here
                                where did that guy get that 30 mpg sticker lmfao
                                UNDERGROUND SOCIETY
                                NEW COUPE MEMBERS RIDE THREAD COMMING SOON

Comment

Working...
                                X