No announcement yet.

Tnwagn : 1991 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Tomi! I already sent a PM back, oh well.

Whatever route you go with paint you should really be careful who you go to. Mine paint job was overall not very good. It looks fine in pictures but when you see it in real life there are a number of areas you can tell where they just cut corners. Then again, it was only $400 so I can't really complain too much I guess.

But you can't go wrong with CBP

Originally posted by Maple50175
    Oh here we go again. Maples other half.

Comment

Sick . . .

Check Out My Work In Progess . . . . .

Comment

Haha, one of the more ridiculous things I've ever done.

Comment

so you are wanting to part with those f2's? I have some front konis that are NIB box and cash lol?

Comment

Sorry Nic, going to get a full setup at some point and would rather just buy all at once. Plus, I have money tied up in other areas right now and my suspension will hold out for a while. I still don't know how much money I'll be making this summer so I need to wait a while before I start spending money I won't be recovering this summer.

Comment

I'm hesitating on replacing my bushings with poly substitutes for fear of squeaking and increased stiffness. How have yours been so far? Hopefully my fears are ungrounded.

Plus I'm having a hard time sourcing all of the OEM bushings for not too much coin. The poly kits look very tempting.

Comment

I will say this, it's a bit stiff. But compared to some cars I've ridden in, it's totally tolerable. Squeaking is non-existent, however, I've only been riding on mine for a very short while. I'm sure as time goes on the grease will get washed away and squeaking may start.

If you enjoy a super soft, quiet ride then I'd look towards OEM replacements. If you can stand a small loss in ride smoothness (not ride quality) then I'd go with poly. Handling is so magically with poly bushings (especially when upgrading from totally shot OEM rubber).

From the way you talk, and the other mods you have on your car I'd say you're due for a suspension rebuild any time now. If you replace all the bushings, but leave in old ass balljoints then you won't see the full benefit. Same goes for doing both of those things but keeping your busted axles. Whatever route you take, do it once and do it right! No sense buying parts over and over.

Comment

My compression across the board is 100

lol

Comment

bad gauge or running weak? swap time?

Comment

A little of both I think. I didn't do the testing but the fact that it's the same across of them and the car isn't running THAT bad. I mean, it's nothing like it used to be but 100 across all cylinders is a little questionable.

Swap time? More like buy a new car and rebuild time the F22 time.

Comment

swap is much easier, that way you can have the mad tight 5spdzrs.....

Comment

I've kind of settled on the F-series, for now at least. I got in on the Bisimoto F22 Header group buy and I really want to see what kind of gains that thing can produce.

However, the build I want to do doesn't really seem to make sense in this chassis. I'd dump in a ton of money and end up with a car that, while unique, is still slow compared to what I could have with the exact same setup in, say, an EK.

My plans are always chaning, but for now I will just limp the wagon along till I graduate. At that point, buy the TL and daily it. On the side, pull the F22 and rebuild the thing right then drop it into an EK with a Bisimoto/Evolution H2B kit. I can find rolling EK shells from other people's old projects super cheap.

Comment

This is such a great looking wagon! Good job mang!!!!!!!!
                            I fly by like the coupe grew wings!!!
                            Speeding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                            My coupe!!!
                            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=152924

Originally posted by Racer_XXX
                            Excuse me miss, YOUR FUPA IS IN THE WAY!!!

Comment

Comment

UUUU!!! AAA!!! Nice
                                Accord Of The Month January 09
                                Accord Of The Year 09

My 2 Babys
                                BMW TECH FOR 15 YEARS

Comment

Working...
                                X